Vending Machine

Hello, Hello

Title: Vending Machine
Pairing: Onkey
Rating: PG
Genre: Fluff
Words: 921
Summary: Kibum buys himself a drink at the vending machine as he waits for the ferry to arrive.

It was a cloudless Sunday summer afternoon. The sun was out; its rays kissed the flawless skin of his. The birds were out as well, flocking around the busy harbor. It was hot but the waves nearby made light breezes that tingled on his bare arm. The boy held onto the rim of his new straw fedora and pressed it down as he walked into the air-conditioned ferry terminal. 

Kibum was not going to waste this perfect Sunday afternoon stuck at home. He was finally on his summer break and university was far from his mind now. There were too many places for him to explore and only so little time before he has to return to university, to his campus, and away from his hometown.

Early that day, he had called up his best friend, Minho, to meet him at the infamous, not to mention biggest, shopping mall.  Being the sports fanatic that he was, Minho whined endlessly about being trapped in a mall instead of a wide and green soccer field. Kibum took care of him with a simple threat; no food for him for a month when they return to campus.  

The boy checked his watch; he was ten minutes early for his ferry ride.

Playing with the little hairs that rested upon his forehead, he decided to buy himself a cold drink at the vending machine. There was a large range of beverages available but Kibum had his eyes on the lemonade. He inserted two silver coins in the slot and pressed the buttons for his drink. He tapped his feet impatiently, waiting for his drink. That was- until the machine rumbled and the small screen on the side blinked try again.

His brow quirked up and he crossed his thin arms over his chest. “You’ve got to be kidding me,” Kibum mumbled under his breath. His index reached for the return button but no coins came down the slot. He eyed the machine angrily. “You ate my money,” he accused with a hard kick, “Stupid machine ate my money!”

A soft chuckle resonated from behind which was followed by a soft tap on the frustrated boy’s shoulder.

Kibum huffed as he turned around sharply. He met the gaze of the newcomer and as odd as it sounded, his knees suddenly felt weak. His arms slowly uncrossed and he stared in awe at how cute the other looked at this moment. The corner of his lips instinctively lifted, offering him a small smile.

The other gladly returned the smile, just twice as bright and mesmerizing. He had honey brown hair that swept perfectly against his eyelids, eyes that glittered underneath the dim lights and plumb lips that were so kissable. He was slightly taller than Kibum and from his angle, his tight chest peeped out from his half buttoned flannel. The boy defined art and the perfect ingredients of beauty.

Kibum shook his head, clearing his corrupt thoughts of devouring him at the nearby washroom. He pouted.

“Need help?” He gestured towards the vending machine.

Kibum should have guessed that the stranger would have a heavenly voice to match with his physiques. He kicked the machine one last time and said, “It ate my money.”

“Ah, I hate it when these stupid machines do that.”

“Tell me about it.”

The boy tucked his newspaper underneath his arm and took a quick glance at the clock on the pale walls.  “I’ll tell you what, I was just going to buy myself a drink from the vending machine too but there is no point in trying now. How about we go get drinks at the café down the hall?”

Kibum stared at him. And if he wasn’t so concentrated in keeping his mouth shut from any of his stupid remarks, he was sure it would be hanging in mid air by now. “T-together?” He stuttered.

“If you don’t mind?” The other shifted in his spot, scratching the back of his head cutely. He took note that the boy was hesitant as he fiddled with the rim of his straw hat. “My treat?”

Kibum wanted to pinch himself right now but that would make him look strange. He nodded eagerly as he fixed the strap of his shoulder bag. “Thanks for helping.”

He chuckled. “I didn’t even help you, well not yet- I will help quench your thirst in one second.”

Kibum found himself grinning broadly. “I’m Kibum by the way.” He looked up towards the pair of eyes he had learned to love in the past five minutes and drowned in its exquisiteness.   

“Hello Kibum,” He breathed out softly and smiled, “I’m Jinki.”

The intercom came on, overlapping the busy chatters in the terminal. The ferry will be leaving in approximately two minutes. A loud hoot from the ferry followed.

Jinki brushed his bangs to the side. His slender finger pointed up at the built-in wall speaker, “Do you need to catch that ferry?”  

Kibum stole a quick glance at the ferry parked outside from the window and immediately thought of his best friend that was waiting for him at the mall. But he knew, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. Seriously, where else was he going to meet such a handsome angel? Minho would understand. (If not, he’ll just cook him all his favourite foods and let him watch his sport channels. That would shut him up.) “No.” Kibum smiled and shook his head. “I don’t.”

Jinki smiled back, his lips looking even more kissable. “Perfect.”

--------------------------------------------------

Enjoy reading :)♥

Visit my livejournal for more Onkey shots;