Chapter 12

Love You More

A week before, Byunghun told her that he will not be seeing both her and Myungsoo for a week, but he didn't explain why. Ji Kyung assumed he had his reasons, so she saved the hassle to demand an answer from him. Anyways, as promised, he came back after a week. When she saw him again, her mind was irking her to ask him about the reason behind the sudden disappearance, but he must have guessed the girl’s wonders because he said that he wouldn't answer her even if she had asked. Ji Kyung pressed her lips together, expressing her dissatisfaction to him but only gotten a smile as a reply.

Ever since Ji Kyung admitted that she could see Byunghun, he had been keeping his love occupied most of the time. The girl wouldn't deny that she was happy to see him again, but a part of her was constantly weighed down by guilt due to the fact that she had sometimes unintentionally neglected Myungsoo, her supposedly current boyfriend. Myungsoo didn't complain nor did he whine about it, which made her feel even worse instead of reducing her guilty feelings.

Nonetheless, she went to the university with her boyfriend as per usual today, but as soon as Myungsoo stepped out of her class after dropping his girl off, she could hear girls around gossiping about something. The sharp girl immediately knew that the person they were talking about was Myungsoo when she saw some of the girls looking at his back when he left. Ji Kyung met up with Luna, but instead of a smile as greeting, she showed her friend a puzzled look.

Ha, rumours? Those are the truth.

Before she could speak to Luna, Ji Kyung caught Byunghun eavesdropping on the girls and commented. The girl narrowed her eyes at him, then focusing back at Luna for another attempt to speak, only to be interrupted by her first,

"I told you before that Myungsoo isn't a nice guy, the girls are saying that Myungsoo had been planning to scam you for money."

And now you know...

The moment Ji Kyung heard Byunghun saying that, she could feel herself getting riled up so she shot him a deadly stare and told him to stop. After seeing him raise up both his arms to admit defeat, Ji Kyung turned back to Luna and sighed,

"Rumours are usually fake, you know..."

But after listening to Ji Kyung’s statement, Luna got worked up instead and raised her voice at her best friend, "Ji Kyung! Wake up dear, he's not a good guy like Byunghun!"

At that moment, where Ji Kyung could have just shushed her and diverted them to another topic, she didn't because it felt unfair for Myungsoo to be blamed like this over a petty rumour. So, it took the girl half a second before she fires back at her friend,

"You're just saying that because you loved Byunghun!"

The words flowed out like arrows to her friend’s heart. Ji Kyung immediately regretted saying that when she saw Luna's mouth ajar due to shock. Because of the sense of guilt slowly but surely building up in the foolish girl’s heart, tears started streaming down her face in no time and she decided to storm out the classroom. Luna was left alone in the lecture hall, drowning in confusion, as she watched the girl leave. Byunghun got startled by his beloved’s sudden reaction, he took a careful glance at Luna, then followed after Ji Kyung in quick steps.

Ji Kyung-ah... Luna's right though, how many times have I told you that he's up to no good?

"Oh just shut up, Byunghun!" She cried aloud in her cracked voice, only to get stared weirdly by students passing by. The helpless girl jogged herself to the “Chill Out Zone”, then sat down on the couple’s usual spot and continued to cry in her knees. Byunghun stood right next to her without a word, and just waited patiently for her to finish expressing her feelings. It took her 15 minutes to finally calm herself down, and when her tears had dried up, the girl raised her head up to meet Byunghun’s eyes. She was still sniffling softly when Byunghun had his worried eyes on her, but he knew he had to do something about this issue, even if it was going to hurt her very badly.

Ji Kyung... You have to listen to me...

When Ji Kyung saw his attempt to talk about the topic, she ignored his plea and shook her head, not wanting to hear anything about it at the moment. He let out a sigh, observing how his love stared into space and possibly allowing her mind to blank out for a while.

---

When Ji Kyung finally leaves the place to go attend her class, she realized that there was only one class left for the day. Everyone had their eyes on the girl when she entered the lecture hall, probably because of her obviously swollen eyes and how she shouted at Luna just now. Ji Kyung faked an awkward cough and made her way embarrassedly to the empty seat beside Luna. She figured that Luna was probably still mad at her, because her presence was completely ignored by her friend as the petite one scribbled away in her own notebook without a glimpse at Ji Kyung. The saddened girl sank down into her seat, and then found a paper slipped below her book that she had forgotten to bring with her just now. Ji Kyung took out the paper and saw a poem, which read

He Had Such Quiet Eyes by Bibsy Soenharjo
He had such quiet eyes
She did not realize
They were two pools of lies
Layered with thinnest ice
To her, those quiet eyes
Were breathing desolate sighs
Imploring her to be nice
And to render him paradise
If only she'd been wise
And had listened to the advice
Never to compromise
With pleasure-seeking guys
She'd be free from "the hows and whys"
Now here's a bit of advice
Be sure that nice really means nice
Then you'll never be losing at dice
Though you may lose your heart once or twice
You know I don't judge people just based on my personal feelings, Ji Kyung. Please be wise.
But no matter what happens, you still have me by your side.
- Luna.

The tired girl took a peek at Luna, and noticed that her friend had stopped writing by then but was paying attention to the lecturer. Ji Kyung’s heart felt utterly heavy at the time, and it only took her a short while before she began to mentally scold herself for shouting back at Luna like that, hurting her with that statement. She must have been heartbroken, Ji Kyung thought to herself. Her eyes began to gather tears again, but she quickly blinked it away and thought seriously of a way to sincerely apologize to her petite friend.

Luna is a good friend, don't upset her anymore, Ji Kyung.

Byunghun voiced out beside her. She looked at him and nodded, all the while pressing her lips together nervously.

When class was finally dismissed, Ji Kyung stopped Luna from exiting the class. She didn't think twice before pulling the petite one into a tight embrace, while her eyes were almost tearing up again. Luna got caught off guard by her actions, but Ji Kyung could feel that her friend was finally smiling again. Luna patted Ji Kyung’s back gently, reciprocated the hug and let silence ensues the both of them for a while.

After that, the two girls broke the hug, and Luna opened to say, "I forgive you Ji Kyung, but promise me that you'll be careful about Myungsoo."

Ji Kyung nodded vigorously, and she silently promised in her heart that she will not upset her close friend like this ever again.