Chapter 9

Love You More

“Kim Myungsoo, we have to talk.”

“What now?” He groaned.

“Please… Just stop everything… Stop hurting her anymore…”

Her voice again. Replaying in his ears. Just as he tried to shake off the messy thoughts, her same voice jolted him back to reality.

“Wow, you’re here early today, Ji Kyung…”

The petite one stopped her sentence midway, smiling sweetly at Ji Kyung, then the crescent-shaped eyes turned to a glare when they reached Myungsoo.

“…and Myungsoo.”

For some reason, Luna had always despised Myungsoo since the beginning. He was not sure of the reason, not on “why” she hated him, but particularly on “how” she came to learn of his plans all along. He found himself staring blankly at the said girl while his mind drifted afar, but he could feel the lasers firing from her eyes and shivered by instinct.

“Hey dirt cheap, come over here." She called, once again, bringing back his full attention. Her glare had not faded yet.

When he perked up his ears and listened to what she just addressed him, his eyebrows were knitted together furiously. He thought she was going too far.

“Luna!”

Ji Kyung left his arm and went over to shush her friend, covering Luna’s blunt mouth with her hand. To his surprise, Ji Kyung’s hands were pushed away, but not too roughly, before Luna fires again, "Don't interrupt this, Ji Kyung, I've got something to tell him."

He stood firm across them and shoved both his hands into the pockets of his sweater, "What?"

"You." She pointed, rather rudely at the guy, before continuing, "I had a bad dream about you last night, so be careful not to hurt Ji Kyung, or you're going to be dead." She warned dangerously, folding both her arms to express her anger.

“Luna!!!” Ji Kyung shouted, and the next second Luna was pulled away from the scene in a hurry. Myungsoo was dumbfounded at her words, because they sounded absolutely ridiculous to him. He was about to retort back, but something caught his mind so he raised a question to her instead, “Hey Luna, just how did you know about all those things?”

The petite girl was stunned for a second or two, but she quickly cleared and responded to him that it was none of his business. She left the scene immediately after that, with Ji Kyung pushing her from behind to stop the argument from continuing.

---

Four years earlier, the news of Ji Kyung dating Byunghun got to Luna’s ears by the second day, revealed by the female protagonist herself. Luna beamed at the news when Ji Kyung had announced it through the phone, she was just so happy that Ji Kyung had finally found someone who appreciated her and took a good care of her. Of course, she gave her utmost blessings to the couple, even though a part of her was not feeling it because she had a slight crush on Byunghun herself. However, looking at how excited and happy Ji Kyung was, she made the final decision in her mind to bottle up her feelings forever.

More than a year passed by, and everything seemed to be going fine until that one particular day when Byunghun asked to meet the petite girl alone at the quiet zone. She followed after him curiously and nervously, and the both of them stopped after getting away from the crowd's sight. She could feel her heartbeat getting faster as she stood in front of Byunghun, still clueless to why he called her there.

"What is it...?" She asked carefully, her eyes looking past Byunghun because she was still unable to look directly at his eyes out of nervousness.

A grin flashed before his face before he opened up his mouth,

"Luna, I'm aware that you like me."

She was flustered at that point; she could feel that her heartbeat almost stopped altogether while her thoughts became completely entangled in her mind.

"O-oh..." She stuttered, unsure of how to respond in that situation. She felt ashamed for her feelings to be discovered by her crush, to her, it almost felt like she was just stripped in front of him at that moment.

"But... I'm not here to tease you today. I just need a favour from you."

He quickly added after seeing her grow awkward, his smile fading as each second passes.

"Okay." She replied, trying to sound as nonchalant as she could. She then waited for an explanation to follow.

“Well... There’s this Kim Myungsoo, I’m sure you know him right?” He asked, his voice sounding sincere.

She knew about that guy, because he was obviously trying to flirt with Ji Kyung these days, despite knowing that Ji Kyung was taken. She had a hunch that he meant nothing good, and so she nodded, her concerned eyes now slowly facing her crush.

"Yeah, so I just want you to keep an eye on him, alright? I think he just wants to scam my girl, just so you know."

And she nodded once again, now giving him a shy smile.

"Of course I will... Ji Kyung's my close friend and I have to protect her too."

After hearing her voice out those words, the smile which was faded from just now soon returned to his face. At that moment, he had his eyes on Luna, and an uncomfortable silence engulfed the both of them.

"Luna?"

He broke the silence after a while. Luna, who was lost in her own thoughts slightly jumped at his call. Her eyes darted left and right out of nervousness as she waited for him to spill his next sentence.

"Is it possible to feel comfortable around me?" He asked in careful consideration, scratching the back of his head gently out of embarrassment of the silly request.

She blinked twice, then registered the conversation into her mind.

“I-I’ll try my best...” Luna gave off a vibrant smile as she took a deep breath and shared gazes with Byunghun.

---

The class dragged on for a long period of time, and Ji Kyung was certainly getting bored as she watched the time ticked away slowly. Her gaze wandered around the class aimlessly, and a sigh was released from . Then, the girl turned to face Luna, who was yawning beside her, and decided to pop a question.

“Hey Luna, tell me... What is going on between you and Myungsoo? Is there something you're not telling me?”

As far as Ji Kyung knows, Luna was not the type to simply hate on someone. But this time, it was surprising to see her acting so negatively towards Myungsoo ever since their first few encounters. The clueless girl could sense that something was off, but she couldn’t guess what went wrong where. Her best friend flashed her a sincere smile, then patted her shoulder softly, before replying with an answer that did not unlock any clues to the mystery.

"It's okay buddy, I'll be by your side to take care of it and that's enough for now."