Chapter 10

Love You More

Byunghun was the first thing Myungsoo saw when he opened his eyes in the morning. The latter guy almost stopped breathing when Byunghun gave him a morning smile that was extremely uncomfortable for him to look at. After getting out of the bed, Myungsoo groaned at the sight of Byunghun sitting beside the sleeping Ji Kyung. As if the boyfriend was transparent, Byunghun was trying to hold her hand and touch her face tenderly. He was also muttering a string of words to the girl that Myungsoo did not bother to catch on. Jealousy was filling up the pit of Myungsoo’s stomach again, but he bottled it up just so he wouldn’t accidentally wake the sleeping beauty up.

Instead of continuing to watch the one-sided lovey-dovey moments between the both, he decided to leave the room and prepare a simple breakfast at the kitchen.

Whereas, the sleeping Ji Kyung moved her body to another side, and her eyes were immediately irritated by the bright sun rays shining onto her. Her face scrunched up in annoyance, figuring in her mind that it was probably morning already. However, as if she was falling back into her dreamland, she suddenly felt that something, or someone, had blocked the sunshine for her. There was also an unexplainable warmth on her right hand, and the touch felt familiar to her. Her mind painted a picture of Byunghun sitting beside her and holding her hand, telling her about their fondest memories. Everything felt so surreal for her, and she actually wished that the time could stop at this moment. Nonetheless, a couple of moments passed by, and she decided to finally wake up, only to find that Myungsoo was not in her view.

The half-awake girl sat up from the bed and directed her body to her right, finding an empty chair sitting beside the bed unexpectedly. In the meantime, she heard a few lazy footsteps entering the room, and a smiling Myungsoo appeared before her eyes with a glass of water in his hand.

“Good morning, dear.” He her hair gently as she took the glass of water from him and drink up.

While she was drinking, Myungsoo noticed that her gaze had wandered off and stopped at the chair from just now, then back at him, with the glass now emptied. He was slightly taken aback by her actions, wondering if she was finally seeing the same things as him.

"You can see?" The question was blurted out before it was properly processed in his mind.

“See what?" The girl cocked her head to a side, looking so innocently at him and blinked for a couple of times.

He reverted his gaze to the chair, then back at Ji Kyung.

"That chair? I was wondering why is it here and not in front of the mirror."

The innocent girl pointed at the chair and answered. Upon hearing her point of view, the lad mouthed an ‘Oh’ and went over to take the chair away. She giggled, watching him carry the chair away in a clumsy manner.

---

The lovely couple swing their hands in pace with their footsteps as they walk side by side along the road paved with fallen maple leaves. Aside from the leaves that painted the road orange and red, the trees along the way added more to the vibrant colours around.

The picturesque pathway signified the start of autumn, and the sunshine could barely reach the ground here since the maple trees grew closely with each other. As she tightened the grip with Myungsoo's hand, she casually stretched out her other free hand and started to step on the leaves while walking. Myungsoo took cautious steps while trying to keep up with his girl, grabbing her hand tighter in his to ensure that she would not fall.

They had a little playtime along the road, smiling and laughing away joyfully. At the end of the road, there was a temple sitting above a short flight of stairs. Both stopped at the bottom to admire the temple's beautiful structure, before continuing on with their journey. It was such a great sunny day, so Ji Kyung suggested that they could stop by here to do some good deeds. There was another reason for the visit too, because she was tasked to do some volunteer work as a requirement to fulfil for her course in university.

Ji Kyung was well prepared for the trip; she also did not forget to double check the vegetarian food they brought in the straw bag Myungsoo was carrying. The upward curve of her lips grew bigger when someone, a little girl, came running into her arms which were naturally opened up for the little one.

“Ji Kyung unnie! You’re here!" The young child exclaimed, jumping in the adult female’s arms excitedly.

The girl was Mirim, one of the orphans living in this temple. Unfortunately, she was abandoned by her parents since she was still a baby, and the monks had told Ji Kyung about how she was left at the front gate of the temple in a small basket five years ago. Ji Kyung started to frequent the visit to the temple after dating Byunghun for a couple of months, so this little girl was familiar with them and was very fond of Byunghun back then. When Ji Kyung started bringing Myungsoo over, the young girl had a hard time adjusting to the new guy beside Ji Kyung, but she didn't show any dislike towards him either, thankfully.

“Here, Mirim, I brought some of your favourite dishes, would you mind bringing it to the adults first?”

Ji Kyung handed her the food that was brought along, while Myungsoo and his girlfriend went into the temple for prayers.

“Ji Kyung, I'll go get the jolt sticks and candles." Myungsoo gave his girl a quick peck on the cheek, before wandering off to do his business.

“Unnie, I miss Byunghun oppa...” Little Mirim pouted.

The tall girl gently combed her hair and gave her a smile. “Me too...”

It was then she suddenly started to see Myungsoo as Byunghun, and her mind started recalling the old memories again. This time though, Ji Kyung was aware of everything, and she felt awfully guilty for doing that, but yet she wasn't able to fully control herself from the reminiscence. The foolish girl shook her head gently, making an effort to throw the past away, although some still lingered around stubbornly.

She stared at the empty seat where Byunghun used to play with Mirim and sighed emptily.

---

Tough luck for Myungsoo, because the intruder followed them today as usual, but this time he was acting in a weird manner. Byunghun was observed to be wandering around the temple with both his hands placed behind his back, and Myungsoo thought he looked exactly like a bitter old man when Byunghun nodded away and mumbled words like, “Everything still hadn’t change…”

Myungsoo couldn’t help but scoffed at him, then stared unwillingly at the weird guy while his hands were busy searching through a number of jolt sticks.

Hey you, do you have any plans after this? You better be, coz' I seriously needed some entertainment.

Myungsoo was about to go find his partner with the praying materials in his hands, until he heard Byunghun addressing him. Myungsoo thought that he had heard wrongly, and his jaws were nearly dropped when he fully comprehended what Byunghun had just spitted out.

“I don’t know, ask Ji Kyung..." Still feeling unbelievable, he simply answered Byunghun in a sarcastic tone. He took a couple of steps forward and stopped, then looked behind to stick his tongue at the soul mockingly.

"Oh wait... Too bad she can't see you~"

He continued to tease Byunghun in a low voice, at the same time, ensuring that nobody was around to see him talking to a ghost. The said guy seemed quite pissed off and nearly punched Myungsoo, though in the end, he still decided to keep it in.

After the prayers, Ji Kyung insisted on stopping by a bakery for cakes and pastries to be brought home. When they pushed the door in the café that was located nearby the temple, they were instantly greeted by friendly staffs and the smell of freshly baked croissants. Myungsoo immediately noticed that Ji Kyung had become quite excited to be in the café, and there was no doubt by the looks of the grin on her face, it was a place where she calls it “happiness” after all. He chuckled, then sat at the nearest table to the counter, waiting patiently for the joyful Ji Kyung as she browses through the choice of colourful cakes and admiring them.

Say, she’ll buy a moist chocolate cake and an extra blackforest cake while thinking of me in her mind. Oh, and I think she'll ask you what you want.

The light-hearted atmosphere was ruined in a second, for Myungsoo, when Byunghun opened his mouth to speak. And what Ji Kyung did next upsets him even more.

“Myungsoo, what do you want? I've already chosen a piece of moist chocolate cake, perhaps would you like a piece of blackforest cake to go?”

Bingo!

He got up from the seat and glared at Byunghun who stood across him, before brushing past the intruder rudely to proceed to Ji Kyung. Of course, with an annoyed deep voice, Myungsoo whispered "Shut up" at him. Byunghun chuckled in victory behind the couple at the sight of the annoyed Myungsoo. Myungsoo was about to turn back and shoot him another good old glare, but something else caught the guys’ attention completely, leaving their mouths agape due to shock.

"Will you guys just stop bickering?"

It was Ji Kyung. Ji Kyung, staring fiercely at the two guys. The two guys!