Chapter 13

Love You More

Myungsoo had been acting strange lately. At times, Ji Kyung caught him eyeing her from the corner of his eyes before he continues to stare at his phone for unknown reasons. Ever since she started sensing something was off with him, she couldn't help but follow his every move whenever she had the chance, but the clueless girl hadn't been able to really pinpoint what was wrong and question him. Nonetheless, there was something unsettling in the curious girl’s heart, and that was when she began to suspect that the rumours she had been listening to were true...

On the other hand, Byunghun, as well, noticed that Myungsoo had been suspicious in his actions lately. In the most unexpected times of the day, Myungsoo would look up from the small screen and flash him a satisfied smile. When Byunghun approached him, attempting to steal a glance at what he was busily scrolling about on his phone, Myungsoo would react exceptionally fast to turn off his phone.

Today, Byunghun decided that he has had enough of this, so when Myungsoo grinned at him again, he scurried to Ji Kyung to file his complaint in frustration.

Gosh, that sly and up-to-no-good smile again. Seriously Ji Kyung, just do something already before it's too late! Shout at him if you please!

The girl focused her gaze onto Byunghun for a few seconds, but no words came out of her as she continues to be in a daze. Byunghun stomped his feet to protest once again.

Don’t think anymore, just shout at him like how you shouted at me back then without holding back!

"I can’t, Byunghun. And besides, your case was different, you were involved with the thugs so I had to shout until you come back to your senses!"

Unknowingly, the girl’s voice was raised when she thought about how Byunghun used to be part of a gang... The pitiful guy frowned and pouted, so he turned his face to the other direction to avoid eye contact with her. She instantly regretted for bringing up the past again, so now she was biting her lower lip, worried how his heart would sting because of her words and how upset he must have been. Silence ensued the both for a short moment, but Byunghun let out a sigh and looked back at Ji Kyung.

Whatever. But just go and confront him as soon as you can. You do remember that you once told me about how important was proper communication between a couple, right?

"Right." She stared guiltily at him and answered in brief. After talking with Byunghun, the girl walked over to the living room and saw Myungsoo lying lazily on the couch with his eyes shut. Ji Kyung poked her face into her boyfriend’s direct view, and pretended to clear . He opened up his eyes immediately after hearing her, then sat up properly and motioned his partner to sit beside him. The nervous girl took in a deep breath and seated herself there, then looked at her boyfriend earnestly.

"Can you tell me what's going on?"

Myungsoo's eyes were enlarged in surprise, but he quickly regained his composure and gave her his usual warm smile. He took his beloved’s hands into his and patted them gently, before her hair and lean in for a kiss. Ji Kyung was caught off guard by his actions, but she didn't resist either and felt his warm breath brushing across her lips.

"You'll know soon."

He pulled away seconds later, still staring at her with his loving gaze. The shy girl looked away instinctively, her cheeks were tinted with hot pink while her heart raced due to his sudden display of affection.

"F-fine." It was all she could say at that moment because her thoughts had became so entangled and everything instantly turned into a blank. She was lost for words.

---

A few days later, Myungsoo took his leave without telling his girlfriend why. On the day he left, she noticed that he had even took with him a couple of clothes and left her a goodbye note. The explanation on the note was vague and his handwriting seemed like it was written in a rush, but he did promise that he will be back after settling “some stuffs”. When she tried to dial her boyfriend’s number, the call continuously failed to get through. The girl’s heart grew heavier and filled itself with uneasiness with each failed attempt to contact him, but, there was nothing she could do other than trusting him for now.

That afternoon, she sat at the dining table in a daze, while her mind constantly wandered itself to the rumours surrounding Myungsoo. Her mind ran through numerous possibilities of the reason behind his sudden disappearance, and the anxious girl had even come to the point that she wondered if he was truly planning to dump her here just like that.

Byunghun paced around the dining room aimlessly, tapping his foot in agitation with both his arms crossed in front of him occasionally. Several moments later, he took in a deep inhale and stopped himself in front of his girl, then let his blunt words pour out.

Ji Kyung, you're a fool!

The timid girl blinked her way back into focus, and gazed at Byunghun. Her eyes conveyed to him that she was feeling immense nervousness, confusion and emptiness, and his statement certainly did not help to lift up the burden that was weighing her down. The two locked gazes for seconds, until Byunghun broke away and looked elsewhere, ruffling his hair in frustration.

Let me ask you something, Ji Kyung.

The silence between them was broken after that, and the girl raised her head to find his eyes when she heard his voice. When he had her attention, the lad continued with his question.

Did you... Perhaps, open up a shared bank account with Myungsoo?

The girl was stunned by the question.

"I-I guess?" Guilt crept up to her in a slow manner, and she avoided his eyes this time. The next second, she began to blame herself for being careless, but again there was nothing she could do anymore. It was too late. Ji Kyung felt worse when she saw Byunghun in another huge mouth of air while his eyebrows were knitted together.

Ji Kyung, how can you be so careless! Gosh! Now, he's definitely gone for good with the money!

Tears were b from her eyes like a pitiful child as Byunghun scolded her aloud. But everything was futile by then... It was too late. Nonetheless, the girl tried to it up, to hold onto the last string of hope, thinking that Myungsoo would come back to her as he promised, and that she was just overthinking all this while.

I told you so, Ji Kyung! How many times have I warned you that he's a scammer!

"He won't just leave me like this after the kiss few days ago..." She thought to herself repeatedly, biting her lower lip anxiously and tuning out Byunghun's words.

“He will come back. I'm sure he will.”

---

Two weeks passed by, and Ji Kyung was starting to give up on that little hope she had for Myungsoo. Now, she was convinced that the rumours were indeed true, but she still couldn't find the courage to check the shared bank account, not wanting to face the ugly truth. The foolish girl was heartbroken, to the fact that Myungsoo must have lied about loving her and that he only cared about her money. Because of all that had happened for the past few weeks, she was always staring into space, crying herself to sleep several nights and even lost her appetite to eat proper meals.

Strangely enough, Byunghun hadn't been appearing for the past week, neither did he reason his leave. To her, his disappearance wasn't a priority anymore, and she just assumed that he went to look for Myungsoo so the girl didn't let it bother her too much.

It was another day she struggled to wake up and face the reality, but this day, Byunghun was standing in front of the bed when she opened her eyes.

Myungsoo's outside.

It was only two simple words, but it surely had the depressed girl’s eyes lit up and jumped out of bed. She ran out to the door, her hair flying messily behind her but she could care less about her appearance at the moment. The door creaked open before Ji Kyung got to turn the door knob, and Myungsoo's face came into view. She beamed excitedly, throwing herself into his arms, feeling relieved that he did come back as promised. He giggled and patted her back, before pushing his girl away gently and looked at her in the eyes in all seriousness. In a blink, her heart returned to an uneasy feeling as she felt his grip on her shoulder tightened for a moment.

He took a step backward, but he still didn't utter a single word. Her eyebrows were furrowed together, and her mind started to overthink again. The word "breakup" flashed through her mind without a warning, and tears welled up in the girl’s eyes. However, before the tears of disappointment could roll down her cheeks, Myungsoo did something that surprised her and Byunghun who was standing beside her. But a tiny smile soon filled Byunghun's face.

The former lad cleared his throat nervously, then landed one knee on the ground. His right hand naturally reached towards the pocket of his jacket, and he pulled out a ring to face his beloved once again. The girl’s mouth was agape, and the tears collected streamed down anyway, but this time, they poured in sheer joy.

"Will you marry me?"