Together Forever

Only I Own Her Heart [short story]

 

Kyuhyun then went out of the restaurant, leaving a flustered Haemi and a confused Leeteuk behind.

 

“What does… he mean? Sister? You’re his sister?” Leeteuk asked, obviously shocked.

 

                “N-neh…” Haemi answered softly. “My mom married his dad a few years ago.”

 

                And then Leeteuk remembered what Kyuhyun told him before. It has been exactly six years. Six years since Kyuhyun’s mother died because of his disease. Kyuhyun told him that his dad married another woman, who was said to behis first love. After reuniting wih each other, they still felt the sparks, and decided that it was better to have each other by their sides. Kyuhyun told him that he has a step-sister, but he never mentioned her name or introduced her to them.

 

                “So it’s you...”  Leeteuk mumbled.

 

                “E-eh?”

 

“You’re the sister never introsduced to us. The one he said to have grown fond of.”

 

This surprised Haemi. He did not think that it would come from Leeteuk that her brother was fond of her. Truth to be told, she thought that their relationship was just plainly okay, as there are times that they would be awkward with each other.

 

 

“But what does he mean by ‘your second life’?” Leeteuk asked, looking directly at Haemi’s eyes, which made the girl a bit uncomfortable.

 

“I-it’s nothing you should worry about, Leeteuk oppa.” Haemi stuttered out.

 

“No, I should.” Leeteuk insisted, his voice getting softer. “I want to know every single thing about you, Haemi. So that I can take care of you…”

 

 

“Oppa…”

 

 

Leeteuk then pulled Haemi for a hug. Hesitantly, Haemi hugged him back. Leeteuk leaned Haemi’s head on his broad shoulder as he her hair gently.

 

 

“I want you to trust me with everything about you… I want to take care of you…” Leeteuk whispered.

 

Haemi pulled away from the hug and looked at him, before smiling slightly. She took a deep breath before letting out a deep sigh, deciding that finally, it was tme to tell someone else of her scret. And so, she began her narration.

 

 

 

HAEMI’S POV

 

                                                             

                Ever since I was a child, I already have a poor heart. I inherited my father’s heart disease, ad was often staying at the hospital. When I’m not, I would just stay at home. I wasn’t allowed to go out of our house, and so, I have no friends. As for my education, I was homeschooled.

 

 

 

                I never knew what it was like to be in the outside world.               I never knew how to dealwith strangers, because as I have said, I wasn’t allowed to go out. My parents were afraid that something bad might happen to me once I vanished from their sight. And of course, I never knew about love.

                                                                         

 

 

                The only way for me to be somewhat free is to have a heart transplant. Once my weak heart was replaced by a stronger one, I will be allowed to do the tings I only imagined before. But of course, it wont happen until I was on the right age. I can’t have an operation as a child because the docors said it was very dangerous. The risk of me getting killed was high, as I’m no yet strong enough. Of curse, my parents didn’t want that. And  besides, I still don’t have a donor.

 

 

 

                But it seems like God loves me so much. Right after I celebrated my 21st birthday, the doctor informed my family that I already have a donor. By that time, Kyuhyun oppa was already my brother.

 

 

 

                The donor was a girl. I don’t know why she offered to give her heart to me, as I can see that she was perfectly healthy and happy with her life. She’s an amazing girl, like an unnie that I never had. Her life seemed perfect, especially when he told me that she was getting married.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                But that was what I thought.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                When she told me that she was getting married, she was crying, which confused me. I mean, who wouldnt be? Shouldn’t you be happy once you are getting married? But it was rthe exact opposite for her. Nd then that’s when I found out the truth.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                            

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                That she has a brain tumor, and that she was only given 2 months to live.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                She will die. My unnie will die. It really hurt me when she told me about it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                I don’t know why, but during her last days, all I can hear from her was ‘I’m sorry.’ She was saying this with tears freely flowing from her eyes.

 

 

 

                Then one day, she finally gave up. We suddenly inormed that she was dead, and that her heart needed to be transplanted on me immediately. We went to the hospital, and I was immediately scheduled for the operation.

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                             

 

 

 

 

                When I woke up, I had this strange feeling in my chest. It was then that I remembered that I now have her heart. And then a nurse entered my room, handing me an envelope. I was confused, but she said that unnie wrote it for me. There were two letters inside, and the other one was addressed to some guy I don’t know.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Haemi-ah,

 

 

                Sorry if I left you alone, especially without saying goodbye. Unnie is such a bad person, isnt she? I have done it once again. First, it was with him… now, it was you…

 

 

                But Haemi, I think it’s better off this way, that unnie finally is free from this sickness. That finally, unnie can have her rest… forever.

 

 

 

 

                Haemi-ah, unnie wants to tell you this: the one inside your chest is actually not mine. Yes, it actually belongs to someone else. The only person who owns that heart is Park Jungsu, the love of my life. I have given it to him already, and now that I am gone, I wish that you could fine him for me, and give the other letter.

 

 

               

                Thoughi know that it may seem impossible for that to happen, I know it will. Because this heart only beats for him. I know, time will come, you will meet ech other, and you will know that it was still him. That the heart you have as of now still beats for him.

 

 

                Goodbye, Haemi. Remember that I love you, okay? And find him… for me…

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                                                                                Minjoo unnie’

 

 

 

 

 

AUTHOR’S POV

 

 

 

                When Haemi finally ended her story, Leeteuk had his eyes puffy while crying. She was surprised to see him like this, especially when he hugged her tightly.

 

 

 

 

                “She kept her promise…” he sniffed.

 

 

 

                “What do you mean, oppa?” Haemi asked, confused.

 

 

 

                ”You found him… you found me… Minjoo… she---she was my fiancee. I never knew the reason why she left me before, but now it was all clear to me. And now, she sent you. I am the Park Jungsu she was talking about…”

 

 

 

 

                “Leeteuk-oppa…” Haemi got her handkerchief from her pouch, and a paper came along with it. Realizing that it was the letter, she gave it to Leeteuk for him to read.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

‘Jungsu-oppa, my angel,

 

 

 

                Once you read this letter, it only means that I’m not here in this world anymore. And it also means that she found you.

 

 

                First of all, I want to say sorry for leaving you. I know, what I did was unforgivable. Most especially I venished without a word, not even bothering to explain why. But I have been really selfish. That day you proposed, it was the happiest for me, because you just showed me how much you love me. But then, I knew I had to leave you… not jkust for a few days or weeks, or months, but forever. I was diagnosed with leukemia, and I also have a brain tumor. i figured out that instead of marrying you and die, I’d better leave. I thought that it would save you from more heartbreak… but I doubt it.

 

 

 

                You know what, every night, in the hospital, I was crying. I kept telling myself that I left for you, but I just cant help but feel sad. Knowing that I won’t be with you till eternity like we promised… knowing that I wont be able to feel your hugs and kisses anymore… knowing that I’ll leave you and your love…

               

 

 

                Oppa, you have met her. Haemi is such an amazing girl, isn’t she? At those times that I needed comfort, she was there. At thpse times that I was hurting for leaving you, she lent me her shoulders to cry on. And at the time that I felt I had no more hope, she gave me some.

 

 

                I know I am selfish for asking this from you, but could you please take care of her for me? Not only because she has my heart, but I know for a fact that she is the perfect girl for you. I’ve liked her as a younger sister. Oppa, you do know that I’ve always wanted to have one, right? And now, she’s here.

 

 

 

                Please be her angel like you were to me. Love her more that you did with me. Take care of her, and show her that she is the mosty important person for you, like what you made me feel.

 

 

                I know, it’s fate. You two are going to be happy with each other. And I know, she wont leave you like I did. Love her, oppa. I’m letting you go, but you have a strong hold on my heart, which is now hers. Son’t worry, I’ll guide t6he both of you. From now on, I will be your guardian angel.

 

 

 

 

 

Minjoo’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                Leeteuk cried his heart out while reading the letter. Sure, it was hurting him, just finding the reason out now why she lfet before. But most of his tears was out of happiness. Knowing that, indeed, he did not fall in love with the wrong person.

 

 

 

                “Thank you, Minjoo. Be heppy wherever you are…” Leeteuk whispered into the air, loud enough for him only to hear. “Haemi-ah.”

 

 

                Haemi looked at him with questioning eyes, and was surprised when Leeteuk pulled her into a tight hug.

 

 

                “I know that we haven’t known each other for that long, but I want you to know that in that short time, I have fallen for you. Haemi, will you be my girlfriend?” Leeteuk asked, cupping her face with his hands as they stared at each other’s eyes deeply.

 

 

                “Yes, Leeteuk-oppa. I would be your girlfriend.” Haemi replied with a smile on her face.Leeteuk then captured her lips with his and they shared a passionate kiss.

 

 

 

 

                That night, two hearts got together, and neither was going to let the other go. It was an unspoken vow that Leeteuk has: to take care of the girl he is with as of today, and not fight for her at all cost, not only because the girl in his arms has Minjoo’s heart, but because she is also Haemi, the girl who saved him from his misery and loveless life. And together, they will face all obstacles together as they reach out to forever.

 

 

 

 

 

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************

 

 

 

Okay, so that was the end of Leeteuk and Haemi's love story~

Thank you for sticking out with me from beginning until the very end~

Seriously, I love you, guys~ ♥

And yeah, because it's the last chapter already, please leave a comment and tell me what you think about it

 

 

 

THANK YOU,

 

 

blue_oiseau

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And I will appreciate it a lot if you would read my other fics HERE