Leaving...

Only I Own Her Heart [short story]

 

Author POV

 

                It has been 3 months since Leeteuk proposed to Minjoo, and there is only 2 months before their wedding. Everyone is really excited for the changing of vow of these two people, especially the Super Junior members.

                They are really happy for their leader hyung and their noona, and they wish that someday, they would also find their other half, a girl who would love them for who they are, and not because they are celebrities, just like how their Minjoo noona saw in their Leeteuk hyung. They were supporting the two in every way they can.

 

                All was prepared already, the venue, food, cake, suites, dresses, visitors. They are only waiting for the day of the wedding.

 

                However, Leeteuk noticed that Minjoo seemed to be not in her usual self since he proposed to her. Thinking that she is only nervous with their upcoming wedding, he let it off without any worries, for he, too, has been feeling anxious.

 

 

 

[skip skip]

 

 

 

 

 

                Time passed by quickly, and there is only one month left before their wedding. One morning, Leeteuk went to Minjoo’s house and his eyes quickly searched for his fiancée.

 

                He looked at her bedroom, only to find that her closet was empty! He also took a look around her room, and saw that the room was almost bare! Her clothes were not there, her cd’s were not there, and her other things were not there as well!

 

                He looked around once more, hoping to see any sign of Minjoo playing a prank on him, but what he saw just broke his heart even more. A shiny thing lying on her bedside table reflected lights on his eyes, which made him squint. He took a step towards the table, and what he saw made him burst into tears. There he saw their engagement ring, and there was a letter beneath the ring.

 

Though crying hard already, he forced himself to open the letter and read what Minjoo’s reason is for leaving him.

 

 

 

 

 

To: Jungsu oppa

 

                Oppa, I know that it is stupid of me leave you a month before our wedding. I am stupid for saying this, but I am really sorry. I won’t ask for your forgiveness, because I know that I don’t deserve such thing.

 

                I am sure that we won’t be meeting again, ever. I am really sorry for leaving you oppa, but I cannot tell you what my reason is, for it is very personal.

               

                There is only one thing that I am sure, though. I love you, Park Jungsu, at least believe that one. Me leaving is for your sake as well. Don’t worry, oppa, I know that you will be able to find a girl better than me, someone who is more worthy of your love. Someone who is more worthy of this ring.

               

                Oppa, please don’t cry, for I am not worthy your tears. I know you love me with all your heart, and I do, too. It’s just that…I have caused you a great pain already, and I don’t think I can write more.

 

                Just remember, oppa, you will always be in my heart, and you are the only guy that I’ll ever love. If I am to be born again, I would still choose to love you, for I know that I won’t regret that. They say that a person is born again every 1,000,000 in another form. I just hope that after those 1,000,000 years, you are still the one who is with me. I don’t mind taking the form of a flower, tree, dog, or any kind of animal, as long as it is with you.

 

                Remember: Though miles may lie between us, we are never apart. For love is measured by the heart, not by the distance. And my heart will always be with you. From now on, I will be your guardian angel.

 

 

Saranghae, Park Jugsu, my one and only angel.

Lee Minjoo.