Memories

Only I Own Her Heart [short story]

 

                Author POV

 

                Three years have already passed since that incident and Leeteuk has been back to his usual self again. He was now smiling, talking, and saying nonsense things to his dongsaengs even though they find it corny. Only one thing about him did not change. He did not fall in love once again. No matter how kind and beautiful a girl is, he just can’t fall in love again. It’s as if; his heart was already closed, already traumatized. As if, he’s afraid that once he loves again, that person would just leave, just like what Minjoo sis to him before.

 

                Heechul POV

 

                Hyung’s at it again. There is a girl in front of her. But not just any girl. This girl is a perfect combination of beauty and brains, not to mention kind-hearted. Why can’t hyung love again?! Why is he so entrapped in the past?! He said he moved on from Minjoo-ah already. If that is true, then why can’t he bring himself to love once more?

 

                Aish, this is getting really complicated. He is old already, not getting any younger, and yet, he refuses to love? What is wrong with this guy? Minjoo-ah, congratulations, you really have a strong hold on his heart.

 

                I was still deep in my thoughts when I noticed that the girl wasn’t in front of us anymore.

 

                “Hyung, where did the girl go?” I asked him.

 

                “She left already.” He simply answered. “Anyways, where in the world is Kyuhyun? We have ben waiting for him for almost an hour already!”

 

                “Hey, chillax. He must be caught in a traffic jam. And don’t get too angry, your wrinkles in your face are appearing, especially the ones on your forehead~” I laughed at him.

 

                He just grumbled at my comment. Suddenly, the front door opened, revealing a smiling Kyuhyun.

 

                “Hyungs, please call the other members now~! I want you to meet someone!” he shouted enthusiastically.

 

                “Aish, getting here late without even saying sorry, and then you just barge in here and order us to do something? Where’s your respect, kiddo?” I told him, obviously annoyed.

 

                “Chul, chillax~ don’t get too angry, your wrinkles are appearing in your face, especially the ones on your forehead~” Teaukie hyung told me. Aish, he just repeated what I said a while ago.

 

                Well, weird as it may seem, I still did call for the other members, and soon, we were gathered up in front of the living room.

 

                “Hyungs, and dongsaeng, I want to you to meet someone important in my life. Please accept her warmly in our family as you have accepted me. Please treat her the way opposite to the way you treat me, because you guys bully me. Don’t bully her, or else, you could feel the wrath of the ‘evil maknae.’” Kyuhyun said as he eyed us. Aish. He makes sound so bad. But did he just say “she”?

 

                He opened the door more wildly, and it revealed a beautiful girl about 5’5” in height, has long black hair which extended to her waist, and a fair complexion. She is a real goddess.

 

                “Guys, this is my girlfriend, Kang Haemi. Jagiya, please meet my brothers.”

 

                Instantly, we got up into a straight line position as we greeted her with our trademark introduction, with our hands I front of us, simultaneously shouting—

 

                “URINEUN SUPER JUNI-OR~!”

 

                “All right, let’s start from the oldest, and definitely most mature. Annyeonghaseyo, choneun Park Jungsu imnida, but you can call me Teukie. Nice to meet you, and welcome to the family. I hope that Kyuhyun isn’t being an annoyance to you.” Leeteuk hyung introduced himself.

 

                “And next to me are Kim Heechul, Hankyung, Kim Jongwoon or Yesung, Kim Youngwoon or Kangin, Shin Donghee or Shindong, Lee Sungmin, Lee hyukjae or Eunhyuk, Lee Donghae, Choi Siwon, Kim Ryeowook, Kim Kibum, Zhoumi, and Henry Lau. It’s such a great pleasure for us to meet you.”

 

               

 

                Author POV

 

                After Leeteuk has introduced them, he offered his hand to Haemi for a handshake, and she gladly took it without any hesitation. As soon as their hands got connected, Leeteuk felt something flutter in him. He doesn’t know what it is, but he is somewhat sure that he has already felt this before when he met Minjoo for  the first time. Memories began to flash in his mind after he let go of her hand.

 

 

                [flashbacks, 6 years ago]

 

                It was a rainy day, and Leeteuk was walking alone in the streets, without an umbrella. He was about to go home from Sukira, when the rain suddenly poured hard.

               

                “Aish, what a wrong timing. Why did the rain pour now? And my car is still at the mechanic.” He mumbled.

 

                Suddenly, a young woman approached her and offered her umbrella to her, oblivious to who she was talking to.

 

                “Excuse me, sir; it looks like you have been really cold already. Here, you could use my umbrella.”

 

                “No, I can’t. It would be such an embarrassing thing if I get that umbrella from you, and you’re a girl. I don’t think I can do that. Thanks for the offer, though.”

 

                “That would be no problem, since I live in that apartment.” She said as she pointed to a building just a few meters away from where they are standing.

 

                “If it isn’t so much trouble, then I will take it. Thank you, miss. But at lease let me take yo to that building. I can’t afford to let you get sick on my behalf.”

 

                “Thanks.”

 

                And then they went off. Once they got to the building, the girl immediately bid goodbye to him.

 

                “Goodbye, and goodnight. Don’t get sick~! I know that it must be tough being an idol, but you have to stay strong.” She smiled at him.

 

                “Wait, you knew all along?”

 

                “Of course… not. I didn’t know it way you, Leeteuk-sshi, but just now, your scarf slipped a bit, so I got a look at your face.”

 

                “Can I at least know your name, then?”

 

                “Lee Minjoo. Nice to meet you.”

                She extended her hands and he shook it. Once they touched, both Leeteuk and her felt an electrical wave shook their both their bodies. They immediately jerked away their hands from each other as their reflex reaction.

 

                “Don’t worry, Minjoo –sshi, it’s just static. It happens unexpectedly.” Jungsu flashed her a smile.

 

                “Arasseo, you should get going now. Goodbye, Leeteuk-sshi.”