The truth

Flower power

 

 
Chapter four
 
Seohyun looked out the huge windows as she sipped on her drink. She felt grateful that Nana had apologized to her...well, it would've happened anyways...
 
But something inside her was giving strong danger alarms, ruining the moment she was enjoying. *False alarms, maybe?* she chuckled and turned her attention back to the eight goddesses who were blabbering none stop. Well, Yuri and Sooyoung were only exchanging glances and Yoona was quietly drinking her Cappucino. It was too strange to be true. Yoona, Yuri and Sooyoung were one of the most talkative members. Not to mention quite clever as well. They were the faces of the group and even though it was irritating, Seohyun loved them a lot. She smiled and thought of the story she was going to tell them. Even though it was believable, it was partly a lie. Well, it was true, except that the person bullied wasn't exactly Seohyun. It was Nana. 
 
FLASHBACK
 
Seohyun skipped to the president's office as she smiled, wanting to surprise her one and only Yonghwa. She opened the door and sneakily hid behind one of the largest couches. When she heard the door creak, she quickly shrank into a ball. Her heart was thumping loudly and she couldn't wait to see Yonghwa's face when--
"B-but oppa! She's my best friend! I can't do this to her." 
She thought the voice was familiar. It sounded like...Nana. No way! Nana was always nice! She definitely wouldn't do this when obviously she knew Seohyun liked this guy.
"Nana-ah, I liked--no adored her at first but she turned to be a witch. Just like all the others in this damn school. She's empty and... Well, you are way better than her... I love you, Nana ah."
Seohyun felt tears run down her face. She was hoping her friendship with Nana meant something and Nana wouldn't cheat on her like Yonghwa. She was still clinging to a small string of hope. A small thin, breakable string. And all that hope vanished when Nana said two words. Just two words, and she felt betrayal. Just two horrible words.
"Me too"
With that, Seohyun's dreams of ever living with Yonghwa were crushed. Her dreams of a romantic beautiful school life crushed like that. She started trembling with anger but stayed quiet. She despised that man and that...that girl now, so there was obviously nothing she could do. She waited there, behind the sofa, hearing every word they said to each other and more over, every word they said about HER. When they went out, Seohyun started sobbing loudly and cursing the two cheaters. When she went to the washroom to wash her teary face, she came face to face with Lizzy. She tried covering her face, but Lizzy, being the smart girl she is, caught sight of her puffy eyes and quickly hugged her, asking the poor girl to tell her what had happened. Seohyun felt her tears coming back and collapsed in Lizzy's embrace. She told her what had happened through sobs and hiccups. Lizzy was shocked at how a cute and innocent looking girl like Nana would do something like that. She had believed Seohyun, because she knew that Seohyun could never lie to her...Well, she couldnt lie to Seohyun.It was like a connection between them. They could never lie to each other and depended on each other a lot, even though they both had different tastes and best friends. They couldn't explain it at all.
The two friends had talked together, with Seohyun crying most of the time. She had made Lizzy promise she wouldn't tell anyone. But then again, this is Lizzy we're talking about and being the 'secretive' friend she is, she let everything slip off once she was left alone with the other girls.
 
The next day, when Seohyun had been walking to the school, happy about the news from yesterday, she spotted a crying figure near the gates. Just as she was making her way to the person, she got shoved really hard and fell on the ground, hitting her elbows in the most hurtful way. She gathered her belongings, put up her famous icy death glare an looked the person in the eyes. A single tear rolled off her eye and she mumbled:
"What the hell do you want, Jung Yonghwa?"