Bad First Impression

Unexpected

The heat was unbearable as Yoonhee crossed the pavement and walked into the student association center as she was greeted by a breeze of fresh air.

Yoonhee: Whee! That felt good.

She muttered and knocked on her academic advisor’s room.

“Come in”

Yoonhee walked in and saw the smiling face of Professor Kwon, she grabbed a chair and sat down.

Prof. Kwon: Hi there, you ready for the trip?

Yoonhee: I sure am! I’m so excited, I’ve always wanted to go study abroad and this is such a great opportunity. I can’t thank you enough for your help.

Prof. Kwon: It’s nothing, my nephew and his friends said they wanted to learn more English and I thought this is a good chance for them to do so.

Yoonhee: I just want you to know that I’m so grateful for helping me and letting me stay with your nephew and all.

Yoonhee chatted away with her counselor asking many different questions about life in Korea, time passed quickly and Yoonhee bid goodbye to Prof. Kwon and went back to her dorm room. Prof. Kwon’s phone then rang just as Yoonhee exited the room.

*Ring Ring*

Prof. Kwon: Hello?

Nephew: Annyong haseyo ?

Prof. Kwon: Oh hi Jiyong, how are you?

Jiyong: Great! I just called to see what time your student’s flight is so I can go pick her up.

Prof. Kwon: Hm, I actually don’t know. Why don’t you give her a call, she is quite fluent in Korean, and just say you’re my nephew.

Jiyong: Okay.

After hanging up Jiyong looked at his phone for a second, he felt awkward calling someone he has never met.

Jiyong: Oh wells, nothing to loose.

Jiyong went over to his desk and opened the manila folder with Yoonhee’s contact information and dialed her cell phone number. After three rings she picked up.

Yoonhee: Hellllooo!!!!!?

Jiyong held the phone away from his ears at her loud greeting.

Yoonhee: HELLOOOO!!!!!!? Answer now please!

Jiyong POV: Wow, and aunt said this girl is shy and quiet.

Jiyong: Hi, I’m Prof. Kwon’s nephew.

Yoonhee: Oh, hi! What’s up?

Jiyong: Uhm, I’m calling to see what time your flight is so I can pick you up.

Yoonhee: How nice of you! I should be landing at three PM .

Jiyong: Okay then, I guess I’ll see you then.

Yoonhee: Okay BYE!

Jiyong hung up the phone and shook his head.

Jiyong: Boy, aunt really is old. She doesn’t even know what shy and timid mean anymore.

Yoonhee hung up the phone and started to throw stuff in her suitcase, her attempt of last minute packing. Haebin, Yoonhee’s roommate watched her and let out a chuckle.

Haebin: I told you to pack weeks ago but you didn’t listen to me, and why are you drinking redbull? It’s like almost midnight and you turn CRAZY hyper after drinking that thing! And who just called you?

Yoonhee: I need the energy to pack ASAP! Wheee!!! That was Prof. Kwon’s nephew from Korea, hey do you think he got scared of me? Was I too hyper?

Haebin: He probably thinks you’re weird, I mean your little innocent acts in front of Prof. Kwon, it’s quite sickening actually, anyways she probably told him you’re all shy and stuff.

Yoonhee: That is not an act! I respect my elders and educators …

Haebin: Okay okay whatever, just contain yourself if Prof. Kwon’s nephew is cute.

Yoonhee: HEHEHE! I haven’t given that much thought, but hey if he’s cute then …

Haebin: Wow, calm down woman! I feel bad for the boy already! You’re just too boy crazy.

Yoonhee: You should talk! You always watch those cute Korean boys on variety shows on Youtube!

Haebin: Well … okay fine! But hey what if you meet Big Bang over there?

Yoonhee: Big who?

Haebin: BIG BANG! The hottest group of guys EVER! They’re singers.

Yoonhee: REALLY??!! OHHHH when I make friends over there I’ll ask them about Big Bang and maybe go to their concert!

Haebin and Yoonhee chatted away and went to bed after Yoonhee was done packing. The next morning Yoonhee woke up late and was in a frantic. She ran around forgetting this and that, but most importantly she forgot to get a picture of Jiyong from Prof. Kwon’s office.

*****
Seungri: Hyung, you sure it’s 3 PM? There’s no plane landing at that time.

He pointed at the time arrival sign, with a confused look on his adorable face.

Jiyong: That’s what the girl said when I called her last night. Hmm, that is odd.

TOP: You don’t think she gave you her departure time do you?

Five guys then looked at each other and Daesung started to laugh.

Daesung: Hahaha!

Jiyong: Aisshh! How ditsy can she be!?

Yong Bae: Well, the next arrival from LAX is 5 PM, I think it’s that one.

Jiyong: Okay, let’s go grab something to eat here, since it’s only 2 hours away.

They all agreed and went into the food court for some fast food to kill some time. They grabbed an empty table behind a wall in the corner to hide themselves from the people. After settling in curious Seungri asked his hyung.

Seungri: Hyung, I thought your aunt said this girl was smart, how can she give you the wrong time like that?

Jiyong: I don’t know, seems like my aunt has been confused lately. I mean she said this girl was shy and quiet too but when I spoke to her last night, she was so loud she almost broke my eardrums.

TOP: What was her name again?

Jiyong: Yoonhee.

They all nodded at that and went to order their food, meanwhile Yoonhee’s plane slowly approached Seoul. The plane arrived earlier than expected and Yoonhee dragged her luggage out to the airport. Then remembering that she had forgotten to get a picture of Jiyong , she slapped herself on the forehead.

Yoonhee: Darn! Now how am I gonna know who he is!?

Then she had an idea, Yoonhee found some old newspaper and wrote her name across it and placed it on her suitcase cart and started pushing around hoping to run across Jiyong.

***
TOP: Hey Jiyong, do you have a picture of Yoonhee?

Jiyong: No, why?

TOP stared at him for a few seconds before answering.

TOP: Then how the heck are we gonna know who she is!?

Jiyong: Oh, no worries, my aunt said she has a picture of me so as long as we hold up a sign we’re good.

Seungri: Yay! Leader is the smartest!

TOP whack Seungri in the head.

TOP: What are you trying to say huh maknae?

He then pretended to be mad at Seungri. Seungri got flustered and began to massage his hyung’s back asking for forgiveness.

***
Yoonhee walked around and around the airport and asked random young guys if they’re Jiyong but all she got was a weird look and no as an answer.

Yoonhee: *sigh* This and I have to pee! Aish what do I do with these suitcases!

Then she saw a few guys walking towards her.

***
Yong Bae: Hey, doesn’t that girl’s suitcase cart has Yoonhee written on the newspaper?

Daesung: Oh, yea, you’re right.

Jiyong: Let’s go over there, and ask her.

***
Yoonhee: Ohhh! They’re so cute! Hm, maybe I can ask them to watch my suitcases while I use the restroom, ahhh good way to meet them! Good job Yoonhee!

Yoonhee then ran over to the guys.

Yoonhee: Hi! I’m sorry but can you watch my suitcases for me while I use the restroom? Thank you.

With that she just ran off.

Yoonhee POV: Don’t give them a chance to say no, then you can pretend to feel bad later and talk to them maybe invite them for a drink!

The Big Bang guys just stared at Yoonhee and Daesung began to laugh.

Daesung: HAHAHA!

Jiyong: I think that is Yoonhee, the one that we’re supposed to pick up. I recognize her voice.

Yong Bae: She sure isn’t shy.

Jiyong: We should get her luggage to the car and get outta here soon before someone recognizes us. Maknae can you wait for her here?

Seungri: Sure!

The guys started to push the cart away. Before they have gone more than 5 feet they heard a girl yelling at them.

Yoonhee: YAH! Where are you guys going with my stuff!

Then before he knew it, Jiyong being the person who was pushing the cart got tackled by Yoonhee.

Jiyong: YAH! What the heck!

Yoonhee: WHERE ARE YOU GOING W. MY STUFF!

At the screaming people started to turn around to see what caused all the commotion. Jiyong being afraid that someone might recognize them puts his hands over to shush her up. Yoonhee refused and jerk Jiyong’s hand away from and yelled again.

Yoonhee: What are you doing? Why are you taking my stuff away?!

Then just as he predicted he heard a scream.

Girl: OMG! G-DRAGON!! OMG ITS BIG BANG!

Jiyong: .

He quickly motioned for the other guys to grab Yoonhee’s suitcases, he then grabbed Yoonhee’s arm and started to run as fangirls began to gather a chase after them.

Yoonhee: YAH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!

Jiyong: Shut up! Can’t you see that I’m about to be attack!?

Yoonhee turned around and saw a bunch of girls chasing after them.

Yoonhee: Are you famous or something?

Jiyong: ……….. and my aunt told me you are smart.

Yoonhee didn’t have time to respond before Jiyong pushed her into a van and the car started to drive away.

Yoonhee: WAIT! What are you doing!? KIDNAP! HELP!

Then she stopped screaming and suddenly remembered.

Yoonhee: Wait, earlier you said aunt. What’s her name?

Five guys just stared at her, giving her an “I don’t believe this girl” look.

Jiyong: Wow, you sure have mood swings. My aunt’s name is Raquel Kwon.

Yoonhee: Oh! So YOU’RE Jiyong! Thank goodness I found you!

Jiyong: You found ME?

Yoonhee: Well yea, it was me who asked you to look over my stuff while I use the restroom. So I found you.

Jiyong: Wow, are you serious?! WE found you first that’s why we came over.

TOP: Okay guys! Doesn’t matter who found who, we found each other all right? Matter settled!

Seungri: YAY! Hyung is the smartest!

Jiyong whack Seungri in the head.

Jiyong: What you saying THIS time maknae?

Seungri gave the cutest pout at Jiyong and started to massage his shoulders.

Yoonhee POV: WOW, he’s so cute! And that guy that just spoke, HE’S SO HOT!

Yoonhee turned to them and began to ask questions.

Yoonhee: So, why are the girls chasing you earlier?

Seungri: Well, we’re kinna famous.

Yoonhee: Really? WOW!

TOP: Yea, we’re singers.

Yoonhee: Really? Oh then do you know this group called … Big … Big … darn what was it?!

Daesung: Big Bang?

Yoonhee POV: Aw what a bright smile!

Yoonhee: Yea! Big Bang! Do you know them?

Yong Bae: *smiles* That’s us.

Yoonhee POV: OOOOOMMIIGOSHHHH HIS ARMS ARE GORGEOUS!!!!

Jiyong: Stop staring at Yong Bae’s arms before you start drooling you ert.

Yoonhee POV: Haebin is wrong, Big Bang is the hottest group ever!! Minus this dude.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author's Note: Hehe! How was it? Please comment below. Wait for the next chapter :D