Chapter Two

Stranger and I

"Yeah, I'm gay, beware.' replied GD.

It's been a while, GD thought. He stared at his drumstick chicken. What should I do?

"Dad, dad, look, I got a huge drumstick." said little GD. He was seven.

A bright light shined right above to a shadow that on his way to the little one.

“Yap,” he smiled so gently to his little one. “Look, what do we have here, drumstick? From who? Santa?”

“From you, dad.” replied the little one with his little voice and smiled to his father.

“Come my boy,” he carried his little one, and pointed at the blue sky. “Look, my son. Did you see the sky and the cloud?”

Little GD pointed at the sky, and looked at his father, “Yap, blue sky and marshmallows, my favorite caramel milk, a very hot milk, and sweet caramel, yummy.”

“Look at me my child. Blue sky represent daddy, and white cloud, your sweet marshmallow, represent as you.” Replied his father gently.

“Represent both of us? How about mommy? What is she?” said little GD.

“Well, if the sky doesn’t exist, there will be no cloud, and the cloud is you. Your mother is the Mother Nature, protect you from harm. And you my child, you have to remember, I will protect you no matter what happen. I will do and give the best for you.”  He cried.

I can still remember his voice, his tears. But now, barely I can meet him. And whenever we meet, marriage and wedding are the main topic daily. I’m tire of this. I thought you will be there for me, I thought you will understand your child. GD thought silently in tears. What can I do? I’m just a Pinocchio. You made me and I have to follow you to find my true tears.

“My boy, is alright if you have your own way, I will discuss with your father, he will understand everything.” His mom tried to comfort him whenever this issue brought up. But still, nothing's change. His father still the same, still insist about the wedding issue.

I’m tire of dealing with this kind of nonsense stuff, I’m just 19, so much more to learn, so much more to go. Will I be good in the future without avoiding this kind of matter. I can’t even understand what's your dream, dad. I’m tire.  Can I protest? I can't deny maybe is for my own good, but, must be reasonable, not in a way of forcing me to do things that break my heart torn into two. What's the price when you hurt my feeling or I hurt you? Is impossible to fullfill your wish, but I have my dream to chase. Will I be sucess by signing my signature in permanent ink?

“Heh dude, are you there?” said Tae Yang. He was talking to GD but none of his conversation were being focused by GD. GD was still away with his mind. Tae Yang touched his best friend's knee.

“Sorry, what are you trying to say?” GD asked. He tried to change his facial before his friends noticing his eyes draw with tears.

“Haha, lil boy needs some rest I see.” Replied Park Bom. She knew GD was in pain by facing this kind of arrangement. But what should I do? I can't change you nor your father even though you are mine.

“Bommie, what will you do if your father forcing you to get marry?” asked GD.

“Well, just set a date, get to know that person. Who knows he’s the one that I’ve been looking for.” Replied Park Bom.

“Seriously Bom?” asked GD.

“Yap, sometime family’s arrangement is way better than our so called love at first sight.” She replied. "I never agree this kind of arrangement but sometime, fate is always fate."

“Well dude, I hope tomorrow you will find her.” Tae Yang tried to comfort his best friend.

I guess so. GD thought. Sounds easy but is not when you're dealing with your parents, especially the man that controls your life.

Three of them spent their break time at the park and shared whatever it is. They laughed all day long, tried to cheer whatever coming into their life. After the break, they went back to their class. GD was in his Art subject with Tae Yang.

Knock, knock –“Is Mr. Kwon in?” said the college’s admin clerk.

“Yes, I’m here.” Replied GD. He stood up and bow.

“You are requested to sign a document, please come to the office and fill in the document.” She replied.

"Okay," GD replied. He looked blur and confused. What kind of document I needed to sign? Wedding document?

GD was on his way to the office. He looked nervous but confused at the same time.

"There you are Mr. Kwon, you're dental appointment." said the office clerk. She passed a pen to GD.

Huh? Dental Appointment? GD confused and looked at the document. He was standing in front of the receptionist.

Blind date appointment, I see. He looked at the details once he opened the envelope cover.

His father arranged the appointment to him. But, is not a blind date, but a date meeting their future in-laws, and so called future wife. Should I sign? Nope, cross my body when I'm underneath the earth. While his was busy concentrate his document, but he could hear few voices from outside were liked compliment someone.

"Wow, new girl." a group of boys passed by and starred at a girl.

New girl? GD looked at the Door.

Wow~ he thought in his mind silently. What A..

You are coming in. Your hair long, straight, silky black. OohLaLa~ the guys kept looking at you. But all you do is look down, didn't even bother to look anyone nor anywhere. Your hair were blew by the fan that facing the door. Your wearing little jacket, corset top, high way short jean, high heel with big heel.

Is that an angel? GD looked at you.

You showed your name tag to the admin clerk, and said, "Can I have my schedule and map?"

The admin clerk looked at your student's ID, she typed and key into the system and found your detail.

"Wait a moment, ______." she said sweetly to you.

"_______?" GD heard your name. _______, your name is so sweet, your eyes, your sweet eyes, your lip, your cheek, so pink. I really want to touch her face. GD said to himself. Why am I suddenly felt so hot? He thought.

You didn't look at GD. You were shy, too shy to look everywhere. Oh dear, you said to yourself.

"There you are girl, enjoy your class." said the admin clerk, "by the way, boy, can you show her the way to her class?" she looked at GD.

GD swallowed his saliva, he could hear the sound of his saliva slowly swallow through his throat. He felt hot, and he could felt the sweat of his every single skin started to draw. Why me? He thought.

"Sure, I'm GD. You are?" he said to you. GD tried to act cool but his hand could see his was shaking.

"I'm ______, sorry to bother you. If you are..." in a second you tried to finish your sentence, GD interrupted.

"I'm okay, I will show you the way if it's ok with you.' he smiled softly. Oh man, awkward!

"Sure, thanks." you smiled and you brushed your hair gently.

Wow, why she has to do that kind of y pose in front of me? I can barely breathe. GD was nervous. He could felt his heartbeat beat 100 times faster than he run 200 meter.

"Well, do I need to submit this today?" asked GD. He blinked his eye to the receptionist to control his feeling to you. All in his head - awkward.

The admin clerk looked at him, she barely even know what's in it that big brown envelope. "Well, it’s up to you boy. Dental appointment right? Maybe you should call your dentist to confirm your date."

GD smiled at her, "What a good suggestion, I take yours. I'm off then." he showed the "peace sign" to the admin clerk.

What should I do now? So awkward. What's my name again? Name, name, name...Oh, GD.

"My name is GD," you looked at him, you were wondering why he had to repeat again since he already mention his name to you. With your awkward face, GD only then realized that he did introduced himself in earlier on.

Awkward. He thought.

"Haha, just remember that I did actually mention my name, so, ______, ready to face your new journey?" GD said to you.