Lone Wolf Cries

It's Not As Cool As It Seems

Lone Wolf Cries

Photobucket

JaeJoong smiled, standing up from the booth. Kwak BongCha’s eyes sparkled and smiled as well; truly happy to see him.

             “BongCha-ah, this Jung ChoMin-sshi,” he said, motioning to the awestruck girl seated in the booth.

Extending her hand warmly with a perfect pearly white smile, the newcomer said, “It’s a pleasure to meet you, ChoMin-sshi.”

ChoMin shook her hand hesitantly, not sure on what to say. She silently watched as the older girl slid in next to her and smiled at JaeJoong from across the table.  The waiter accompanying her took her order and left.

ChoMin had to admit; she felt a bit intimidated by the president and felt uncomfortable being around her presence. This BongCha person held such a commanding aura, yet it underlined with a subtle sweetness. And she couldn’t help the pang of jealousy she felt towards the older girl. It seemed that she was so close to JaeJoong – something ChoMin herself wanted.

           “How do you two know each other?” the feminine voice of BongCha asked, staring at ChoMin for a reply.

           “Huh?” ChoMin blinked, she was so wrapped around her thoughts that she didn’t realize she was being spoken to.

The girl next to her chuckled at how spaced out she was. “I asked how you and JaeJoongie know each other.”

           “Oh,” ChoMin muttered, feeling embarrassed for not catching it the first time. A tiny hint of a blush formed on her cheeks. “I - we know each other -”

           “She’s YunHo’s baby cousin,” JaeJoong interrupted, bringing BongCha’s gaze to him.

            “Oh?” she asked with a raised eyebrow looking at ChoMin to confirm what he said was true.

            “N-Neh…” ChoMin answered timidly and awkwardly. ChoMin wanted to die inside, or at the very least smash her head on the table. She acted like a total retard in front of the President of Cassiopeia. How much more embarrassing could that get? She wasn’t the type of girl to stutter over her words. She was a confident and fearless girl! Not a stuttering nimrod.

BongCha looked intently at the girl next to her. The younger girl did share a resemblance to the leader. It was either the big eyes or the shape of the face, but no one could deny that Dong Bang Shin Ki’s U-know YunHo and the girl next to her were related. She smiled pleasantly, hoping that ChoMin might open up to her.

           “How does it feel to be related to such a big celebrity?” She asked, trying to seem interested in the girl.

ChoMin raised her eyes at BongCha, grateful she started the conversation. There was no reason why ChoMin should dislike BongCha; she was nice, pleasant, and seemed like a good friend. And besides, if she were to be BongCha’s friend, then maybe she’ll get in the fan club without a fuss?

            “Don’t get me started! He acts all high and mighty and wants things done now. But then he takes forever in the shower!” she embellished.

            “Yup,” JaeJoong agreed nodding his head, “that’s YunHo.”

BongCha laughed, already knowing that quirk about the leader. ChoMin turned to JaeJoong with laughter in her eyes. “Remember that one time that you guys ran late, and JunSu oppa left with his hair still dripping wet, because YunHo oppa took forever in the shower?”

           “Yeah,” JaeJoong laughed, recalling that morning over a week ago. “He probably danced 6 songs in there.”

Wait - what? BongCha raised an eyebrow in interest. How would ChoMin know about something like that? She looked from the girl to the idol. ‘Was she living with them?’ She frowned, not really sure she liked that prospect.

The waiter that took BongCha’s order came with her entrée. The aroma was heavenly! The rich scent of rosemary and pepper tickled ChoMin’s nose. Whatever Miss President ordered smelled and probably tasted delicious and expensive. Placing the meal down, the waiter hastily excused himself. ChoMin glanced at BongCha’s plate hungrily. Glancing back at her own simple little sandwich, she found it unappealing and bland compared to BongCha’s.

Taking a small sampling of the food, BongCha placed down her fork and got right to the point. She interlaced her long and beautiful fingers and rested her chin before it.

            “JaeJoong-ah, not that I don’t mind your company, but why did you ask me down here this late in the afternoon?”

            “Well, I - we”, motioning to ChoMin and himself, “came to ask for a favor.”

BongCha raised an eyebrow in question; wondering what this favor was. ChoMin sat timidly next to her, biting her lip in nervousness. ‘Will she say yes?’ ChoMin thought, her new found confidence diminishing by the second. ‘What if she says no?’

             “ChoMin-sshi wants to be a part of the fanclub. We know about the raffle, but could you make the exception?”

At this, BongCha was taken a back. Being in the Cassiopeia fanclub was a big deal. There were tests and qualification to pass, not just anybody could join. Only people who could totally give their all and more to DBSK was allowed to enter.

            “Ah, YoungWoong oppa, could I speak to you privately for a moment?” BongCha requested; a tight smile on her lips. Leaving her duck sandwich to turn cold, she excused herself to ChoMin and walked towards the entrance. Sighing, JaeJoong followed her as well, leaving ChoMin by herself. Left alone she leaned against the window of the building and sighed for the third time, staring out into the passing clouds.

Near the entrance, JaeJoong caught up with the Cassie President. BongCha stood tall, with her hands crossed and a blank expression on her face.

            "No,” she flat out said, though in a voice that didn’t reflect her age or maturity.

JaeJoong chuckled, stuffing his hands into his pockets. “C’mon, don’t be like that. She wouldn’t even have to have a high position.”

            “I-I can’t! There are rules and regulations that must be followed. And there are a lot of other girls who’s waited months, years even, for an opening,” BongCha insisted, standing her ground. “She seems like a nice girl, but I just can’t do anything about it.”

He rubbed his neck in agitation. “Aish!” Trying to convince BongCha was a lot hard than he originally thought. An idea popped into his head. He inwardly smirked, confidently sure she wouldn’t be able to resist his cute charm.

            “BongCha-ah, please?” JaeJoong pouted with pleading eyes.  “It would mean a great deal to her and YunHo. And trust me, you’d choose her if she applied.”

            “No,” she said, looking away from the man before her. If she even glanced at his direction, there would be no doubt that she’d give-in in a heartbeat. “I won’t, even if it is for U-know YunHo. I really can’t do anything about it,” She said, shaking her head in refusal.

JaeJoong sighed, leaning casually on the wall. Surprised at their sudden closeness, her eyes caught his soul-piercing ones. And she couldn’t peel her gaze away from his.

            “Look, Noona,”  he said, close to her ear. “Aside from JiHye and his parents, ChoMin-sshi is everything to YunHo.” He paused, letting his breath tickle her ear; his eyes narrowing dangerously. BongCha was still as a pin, not daring to move. “…and YunHo is everything to me.” He moved away from her and once again put on his cute pout, and his eyes back to normal. “So please?”

BongCha, crossed her arms, and sighed. “Fine, I’ll see what I can do.” She looked back at the bored ChoMin trying to stack straws into a giant straw-chain, a few meters away. “She seems cute and fun.”

            “Yes!” JaeJoong smiled, and hugged her. “See, it wasn’t so hard to agree, right?”

The rich girl in front of him just wrinkled her nose, but nodded in agreement. “But I don’t get why you want her to join so badly.” She mumbled a hint of jealousy coating her statement.

JaeJoong glanced down at the sulking President. Reassuring her, he placed his well built arm around her petite shoulders. “ChoMin-sshi is just a girl I’m babysitting for Yunnie, ok? Nothing more.” Feeling her relax after his words, he lifted his arm from her shoulder and began walking to the booth, “Let’s go back, you still haven’t finished your food.”

            “Oh, JaeJoong-ah?”

            “Muh?” he stopped, and waited up for the lagging girl.

            “Don’t call me ‘Noona’,” BongCha huffed, poking his well toned chest. “Just because I’m 3 years older than you…” she looked up at his boyish face. “It makes me feel old.”

JaeJoong smiled at her warmly, “Don’t worry, BongCha-ah. You’ll never be too old for me. Now c’mon.”

Heading back, the muffled melody of Stacey Orrico interrupted the short trek back to the straw architect sitting comfortably in her own little world. Reaching for his back jean pocket, JaeJoong pulled out his red flip phone.

            “Muh?” he asked, pausing to hear the person answer. “Muh?! Wae? Seriously?! A-aniyo – neh….Neh…Fine, we’ll be there in a bit.” Shutting his red phone, he turned to a questioning BongCha with a big and bright childish smile.

            "It was Yunnie," he filled her in, his excitement apparent. Bowing slightly he said in a hurry. “I’m sorry BongCha-ah, but I need to go.”

Taking long strides, he swiftly walked back to the booth ChoMin sat at. Slightly concerned with his sudden change of attitude, BongCha followed him closely.

Once at the table, he took hold of ChoMin’s hand, yanking her up. Surprised at the sudden contact, ChoMin stood up effortlessly. He then took out his wallet and dropped a wad of cash on the table; with his hand still clasped tightly around her hand, JaeJoong bowed once more to the President.

            “Thanks,” JaeJoong said warmly. “I’m really grateful.”

Still confused as to what was going, BongCha just smiled as well. “You better be.” She laughed, glancing at ChoMin with the corner of her eye. “I’ll call you later, ok?”

BongCha stood still on her spot, not moving as she watch the two leave the fancy restaurant. A blank gaze graced her delicate features as she watch ChoMin trudging behind JaeJoong, her hands still wrapped around his.

ChoMin was at a loss. One moment she was happily making a very long chain of straws, the next minute, she’s trying her best to keep up with the long strides of the eldest member of DBSK.

Waiting for the elevator impatiently, JaeJoong continuously pressed the small button to go down. As soon as the metallic doors slid open, JaeJoong jumped right in. Once inside and with the doors safely sealed, he did something unexpected. He jumped up and down, the clear evidence of joy all over his face. His onyx colored eyes sparkled with happiness. Eyeing the sudden behavior change of the blonde before her, ChoMin slumped against its metallic walls wondering what the heck was going on.

            “What in the world is going on with you?” she asked him.

Finally stopping his ‘jump of joy’, he turned to her, his eyes still full of happiness and his gifted lips stretched out in a childish smile. Instead of the cool and aloof JaeJoong that she had met, right in front of her was the real JaeJoong – the childish and silly one she knew he was. She fought the urge to glomp him then and there. With a new calmness, he told her, “We’re going to Japan.”

Photobucket

YunHo’s cousin sat quietly cross-legged in her bed – angry. Here she was, alone in her room, while the oh-so famous Dong Bang Shin Ki chatted comfortably with their manager about what might be the biggest thing to ever happen in DBSK history. From what ChoMin could gather from the short car ride home was that Lee SooMan, the owner of SM Entertainment, had arranged for the five-member group to promote overseas in Japan.  Instead of being a part of this living history, ChoMin was sent to her room and ordered to remain quiet. According to her YunHo oppa, no one is supposed to know that she lived with them. If word got out, not only would DBSK suffer, but she would as well. In addition, if their manager ever found out, she would be kicked out of the apartment faster than she could say “Show Me Your Love(*)”. It was then she heard a rich and boisterous laughter emanating from the living room.

‘What the heck was that?’ she thought ‘Why are they laughing if they’re discussing “business”?’

Agitated at being locked up with no information, she crept from her bed and tiptoed soundlessly to her door. Quiet as a mouse, she twisted the doorknob open and lightly pushed open the barrier between her and the hallway. Soundless as a ninja waiting for her target, she pressed up against the wall, sitting and listening to what was going on inside the living room.

            “So Hyung, how long are we going to stay in Japan for?” a voice ChoMin recognized as ChangMin’s asked.

            “Only until the second week of August,” an unfamiliar voice replied. Knowing each of the boys’ voice by heart, she concluded it was their manager who spoke. “We still need a bit of time to prepare for ‘O’.”

Risking a peek, ChoMin silently moved her head to get a clear view. Somehow, all 5 members managed to squeeze themselves into their white leather couch. The couch originally could only fit 4 people comfortably; but the male group overcame that. Xiah sat comfortably on YooChun’s lap, his legs propped up on the others.  Across from them, Manger Choi sat on a chair, holding up a black planner.

            “Yeah!” the raspy voice of JunSu exclaimed. “I can’t wait till we release it! Can you believe it? Another single will be out soon. And then our 3rdalbum!”

            “Su! Stop moving so much or we’ll drop you!”

On the other side of the wall, ChoMin silently gasped! She forgot about the upcoming new song and album! She had anticipating it ever since the beginning of summer. She covered before she let out a fangirl shriek.

            “Like I said, you’ll be very busy. And we are in a tight schedule so no goofing around,” the manager said, looking through his little black planner. “I know it’s soon, but we’re leaving this Friday. So have you been practicing your Japanese, like I said to?” he looked up, and stared at the five members. Each of them began to look around, either pretending they didn’t hear the question or whistling. Manager Choi sighed, rubbing his temples. With tired filled eyes, he looked towards ChangMin with plead. “ChangMin-ah, did you study?”

ChangMin, who had been whistling, was forced to look at their manager. He glanced at the other members, who with not-so-subtle hints told him to shut up and don’t speak a word. But then he looked back to the pleading manager before him.  “Hai, Sensei. Watashi wa kotoba o renshū e iru(*),” he replied in Japanese with a heavy Korean accent.

Manager Choi perked up at ChangMin’s Japanese, while the others groaned. “See, ChangMinnie here learned Japanese, and he’s the maknae! You should have learned something by now!” he scolded the other 4 members. Now angry with their youngest yet smartest member, they threw the white pillows at him for making them look lazy. JunSu went as far as kicking him with his feet.

The little scene was just too cute for ChoMin to bear. Before she could stop herself, a loud laugh escaped her lips before could muffle it. Now in full alert, she silently cursed at herself for the slip. She listened quietly for any nearing footsteps.  Hearing no approaching footsteps, she relaxed and continue eavesdropping on her cousin and his friends.

            “As I was saying,” the manager continued, “As soon as you come back from Japan and film a few scenes here, we’ll relocate to Prague to finish the rest of the film - Micky YooChun! Where are you going?”

            “I need to go to restroom,” the romantic voice of YooChun replied.

ChoMin’s eyes grew large. She needed to get out of the hallway fast! The light footsteps grew nearer and nearer. Scurrying as fast as she could, she opened the door to her room gently before going inside. Once safely inside the confines of her room, she moved to close the open door. One hand on the handle and one hand one the white washed door, she lightly pushed it to close.

           “I know you were eavesdropping ChoMin-ah,” YooChun’s voice accused from the hallway. Stopping dead on her tracks, ChoMin opened her door to reveal a super y YooChun standing only a few inches from the door frame. He welcomed himself into her dirty room. YooChun glanced around - used tissues littered the floor, dirty clothes everywhere, and her side tables looked like trash was dumped on them. He walked forward but stopped, for he stepped on a piece of black cloth on the floor. Squatting down and he picked it up and held it out for both of them to see.  “Very nice,” he chuckled.

           “Aish!” ChoMin quietly cursed, snatching her black bra from YooChun’s grasp. “Yah! Get out of here!” she whispered angrily. With all her might, ChoMin tried to push YooChun out of her embarrassing room. Frustrated at the unflinching Korean idol, she gave up and sat down on her bed. “What do you want?”

Smiling, YooChun entered the room, closing the door behind him. He walked over to ChoMin and sat down next to her. He found amusement in the way ChoMin scooted as far from him as possible without making it obvious. Sighing, he flopped on the bed, drinking in the sweet smell of vanilla that lingered on the pink floral sheets.

           “Yah!” ChoMin whispered harshly, “What do you think you’re doing?!”

           “I’m trying to lie down,” YooChun retorted matter-of-factly from the inside of her covers.

            “Yah!” ChoMin complained, distraught that YooChun laid on her bed. She pulled on her sheets, trying to get him off of her bed. Having no such luck, she pulled on his arm to try and pull him off.

            “Woah!” YooChun exclaimed quietly, caught unsuspected by ChoMin’s immense strength. If he hadn’t grab a hold of the mattress before hand, she would have yanked him off the bed and his gorgeous face would have impacted the floor. “Who knew little ChoMin was so strong.”

            “Thanks, I work out,” ChoMin said in a sarcastic manner while still trying to pull YooChun off her bed. “Now if you’ll kindly let go of the freaking mat-TREEEAH!!!”

The bed squeaked softly with the added weight.

            “Well isn’t this a compromising position?” YooChun asked with a smirk. While ChoMin was talking, YooChun had somehow jerked her arm, making her fall on top of him. It wasn’t as if their lips were close or anything, but they were pretty close together. She scrambled to get out of their position on the bed; her face flushed the deepest shade of red known. But YooChun’s strong arms kept her from leaving his arms. “No, don’t”, he whispered, “stay with me for a while.”

As soon as the soft breath of YooChun reached her ears, she froze, unsure of what to do. Her thoughts were going on overdrive. ‘Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god! I’m – Micky – on top – Oh dear!’ her mind whirled, as she reveled in YooChun’s embrace. ‘This isn’t right! This isn’t proper!’ her mind scolded her,‘But who cares? I’m on top of THE MICKY YOOCHUN!!!’ Even though she should have moved, because it wasn’t proper for two people who were not involve – to be involved in that sort of behavior, she didn’t. The small erted part of her mind told her to stay and enjoy, because it was a once in a life time chance to fall into the arms of the most eligible bachelor of Korea.

            “Micky YooChun! What are you doing in there? Pooping?!” the voice of JaeJoong yelled from the living room.

            “Hyung, that’s so gross!” replied the voice of ChangMin.

The two immediately jumped out of their very compromising position, and looked at each other from their seat on the bed; one of them grinning and the other red as a tomato. Yet neither could deny that they both liked the feeling of being so close to each other. This reminded ChoMin of the first time they met and that electric sensation she felt when they first touched.

            “Uh, I better go,” YooChun mumbled, standing up from the bed and making a beeline for the door. “Oh wait –” He patted his chest pocket and then patted his pants pocket as if looking for something. Finding whatever it was in his back pocket, he took out a white manila envelope and handed it to the flushed girl still on the bed. “Here, it came in earlier while you were out with Hyung. It’s from America.” Taking the envelope from his hand, ChoMin’s eyes wondered to the big bold letters that spelled her name and the University Logo on the upper left. Winking at ChoMin, YooChun opened her door and left down the hall.

            “Jeeze! Can’t a guy go to the restroom without being disrupted?!” YooChun yelled.

ChoMin stared after the retreating figure of Micky YooChun. The envelope now lay forgotten on her messy bed. She held a hand over her fast beating heart and a look of revelation took a hold of her features. “Even with that, my heart still beats faster when I’m with JaeJoong.”

Photobucket

To say that the next 5 days were hectic was the understatement of the century. As soon as Dong Bang Shin Ki heard of their impending flight, they were rushed out of the apartment to do a live radio broadcast for FM Inkigayo Radio and other live TV appearances. For those next 5 days, their faces were everywhere. It was like the people wanted enough of DBSK to last them the month while the idol group was over seas. And the fans were devastated. Every place that the Dong Bang boys were scheduled to show was always jammed pack with hysterical fans begging that their ‘Oppas’ don't leave them. To ChoMin, it was all annoying. Granted, she used to be one of those girls, but having them there blocking the entrance really began to try her nerves. It was quite the challenge delivering DBSK their lunch.

Since they had been so busy and with the mob of fangirls crowding the only exit, the boys didn’t have much of a chance eating lunch. Feeling bad and wishing she could do something about it, ChoMin volunteered to venture into the throngs of wild fans to bring DBSK food.

Through JaeJoong’s very strict teaching, ChoMin improved her culinary skills. Instead of a burnt-black residue, her cooking evolved into something more edible and was happily eaten with few complaints.

It was kind of nice that the boys relied on her for something. And it was then and there that she knew she’d miss them like hell when they finally leave for that one month stay in Japan. And if her papers came in on time, and they were still away...well... ChoMin didn't want to think of that.

Taking the flight of stairs up to the studio they filmed an interview, ChoMin waited patiently with a huge bag filled with Tupperware containing food and a white plastic bag filled with a variety of beverages. At the waiting room ChoMin sat leisurely at the couch flipping through magazines she could barely read. She almost jumped in surprise when the door clicked open and the idol group and their manager entered.

           “Ah! ChoMin-ah, how are you today?” Manager Choi greeted her warmly, eyeing the food she brought.

Bowing in greeting ChoMin replied, “I’m fine; I brought something to eat just in case you guys were hungry.”

Manager Choi and ChoMin met a few days before, when ChoMin first brought food. Their introduction was nerve wrecking for her. It was as if she were meeting the ‘parent’ of the boy she was about to date. Manager Choi, thinking it was another fan, told her to leave before he called security but YunHo stepped in and saved her. Ever since that little misunderstanding, Manager Choi warmed up to the leader’s little cousin.

           “…I had a lot of trouble getting in here though,” ChoMin admitted, referring to the crowd of girls swarming the entrance downstairs. Taking a peek through the window JunSu and ChangMin both shuddered at the thought of having to fight their way out of that.

ChoMin took out all the Tupperware from out of the bags and opened them. Suddenly, the small waiting room filled with the delectable aroma of food. There were 6 Tupperware filled with food; each having a special markings on the cover. The first that came out was the Tupperware with a pink bunny – that one she handed to Micky. Next came one with a tiger which ChoMin gave to YunHo. JunSu, ChangMin, and JaeJoong each received a box with a sheep, a deer, and a lion respectively; and eagerly devoured its contents.

           “Wow!” JunSu sighed content as he placed his metallic chopsticks in the now empty container. “You’re getting really good at cooking!” Deciding he’s not full yet, he stole the last piece of kimbap(*) from YooChun’s container.

            “Yah!” YooChun yelled annoyed “Give it back!”

            “Well you’ll have to steal it from me before I eat it!” JunSu taunted, running across the room. YooChun, wanting to eat the last kimbap, immediately stood and ran after the other Korean pop star.

This made ChoMin grin with pride. She made food that the boys were fighting over. They were actually fighting over her food.

            “You could’ve added a few more spices for more flavor,” JaeJoong commented from his position on the couch next to YunHo. “And you should have added more water to the rice when you cooked it to make it stickier.”

            “Oh...” ChoMin said dejectedly, rubbing her arm self-conciously. “I'll keep that in mind for next time.”

JaeJoong felt a bit bad that he caused her to lose her smile and he reclined more into the couch. Next to him, YunHo patted JaeJoong’s thigh with a merry laugh. “It wasn’t that bad Jae, compared to how she was when she first started cooking…”

            “Even though that was probably an insult, I’ll take it as a complement…” ChoMin stated with a grin.

            “Oh yeah, before I forget!” YunHo exclaimed and reached over the couch to retrieve something from the floor. Uncovering a gift bag, he tossed it over to ChoMin. “Here.”

Confused, ChoMin stared at the beautiful red swirls encompassing the gift bag unsure if she should open it now or later. “What is it?”

            “Since we’re going to Japan tomorrow, I thought you may need it.” YunHo smiled confident that ChoMin would love the present. "I don't want you racking up the apartment's phone bill."

Now totally sure on what to do, ChoMin enthusiastically ripped open the pretty gift bag and took out a box.

            “O-M-F-G!!!” She shrieked “You got me a cell phone! A cool cell phone!!! Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!” She squealed, glomping her cousin on the couch. ChoMin gave YunHo a little peck on the cheek and hugged him tightly. She on the other side of him and opened the box; if her eyes didn’t sparkle before it did now. There it laid – a perfectly perfect pink camera-slide-phone - the dream phone she always wanted.

            “Don’t think it’s free though,” YunHo warned, ruffling her hair. “I may have bought you the phone, but you’ll have to foot your own bill.”

ChoMin pouted at the idea of having to pay her own bill, but hey it was fair enough. She couldn’t believe it; her cousin actually bought her a cell phone even though he didn’t need to.

            “It has unlimited text so you can text us in Japan,” YunHo said as ChoMin got off his lap and was exploring her new cell.

ChoMin stared up at him with her big brown eyes full of gratitude. “Thank you so much I’ll take good care of it fore –”

She dropped the cell phone, undoubtedly scratching it’s flawless pink surface.

            “-ever…” ChoMin finished. Laughing nervously, she picked up the pink phone, her face red as the gift bag she ripped and dashed out of the room in embarrassment. “I’m gonna go now, JeeWoonie is waiting for me at the bookstore. Annyong!”

She zoomed past ChangMin who had left the room earlier. Entering the quiet room, ChangMin pointed at the fleeting girl.

            “What was all that about?” ChangMin asked but was only greeted with laughing faces.

Photobucket

ChoMin couldn’t get out of there fast enough. She was so embarrassed that she ran all the way to the bookstore a block away. She banged her head against the side of the store over and over again. She couldn’t believe she dropped the precious phone right after promising to take care of it forever.

            “What the heck are you doing?” JeeWoon’s voice asked behind her.

            “Killing myself,” the suicidal girl turned around clearly upset and rushed to JeeWoon. “I made a fool of myself in front of my hot cousin and his hot friends!!!” ChoMin wined clutching and sobbing on JeeWoon’s nice black vest.

            “…Okaaay…” JeeWoon eyeing the strange girl sobbing all over her vest, “first of all, it’s kinnda creepy that you find your cousin hot and second of all, I bet they probably thought it was a cute act of clumsiness. So don’t worry about it.”

ChoMin looked up brightly. “Yeah, I guess you’re right. I just like being over dramatic.”

JeeWoon just eyed the girl again, as if she grew another head. “ChoMin-ah, if I haven’t told you before – You’re weird.”

            “I know!” ChoMin agreed and linked her arm with JeeWoon’s. “Now come on! Those manhwa aren’t going to read themselves you know!”

Dragging the weirded-out tall girl, ChoMin led her into the bookstore and into the manhwa section. After stocking up on which to read, the girls found a comfy corner to sit in. About a good hour into their reading, JeeWoon looked up from her manhwa and glanced over to the shorter girl laughing her head off while reading her book.

            “Hey ChoMin-ah?”

            “Hmm?” ChoMin answered, looking up from her copy of the manhwa Priceless.

            “Wouldn’t it be super cool if we were related to DBSK?” JeeWoon asked out of the blue.

To this, ChoMin almost dropped the hilarious comic book she was reading and inwardly panicked. What if JeeWoon had found out about her little secret?

            “Yeah, it would be cool. Why’d you ask that?” ChoMin asked, acting as if it was just a regular conversion and had nothing to do with her little secret.

           “I dunno.” JeeWoon shrugged, “Like, if I was related to Xiah JunSu, it’d be so easy to make YunHo fall for me. I’d have connections.” JeeWoon placed the comic she was reading down and faced ChoMin. “Because I’d be related to Xiah, I’d have full access to them like BongCha unnie. Oh by the way, Congrats in joining! I told you that ticket was the lucky one.” JeeWoon smiled.

ChoMin cracked a smile back, ‘If you only knew…’

           “Anyway, DBSK is leaving for Japan tomorrow. I wish they didn’t have to go but I guess it’s good to branch out.”

            “What are you talking about?” ChoMin asked puzzled.

            “Oh yeah, since you just joined you didn’t get to attend last week’s meeting.” JeeWoon stated getting closer to ChoMin as if to tell her a secret. “BongCha unnie got from a source that the reason that Dong Bang Shin Ki is going over seas, is because Lee SooMan wants them to dominate the charts in Japan and to spread their popularity through out Asia, then eventually worldwide.”

ChoMin just nodded, still deep in thought at the significance of DBSK going to Japan and actually succeeding. If Dong Bang Shin Ki made it big in Japan they would be a shoe-in for eventual world-domination.

            “All of us members will have a chance to give them a present before they leave.” JeeWoon sighed as she leaned back against the wall. “A whole month without seeing their faces in a fan meeting! Can you believe it? One whole month without Dong Bang Shin Ki.”

ChoMin stared in thought after what JeeWoon said. What was she gonna do while they were gone? Her job revolved around them. Without the boys around, there was no need to clean or cook or do the laundry…‘On second thought, maybe it would be good that they’d be gone for a month.’ ChoMin shook her head,‘No, it’ll be just an empty apartment without them there,’ she thought sadly, completely forgetting that she herself was supposed to leave before the month let out.

Photobucket

JeeWoon and ChoMin waited patiently with the other Cassiopeia members and about a million fangirls in the Incheon International Airport lobby. Outside, the beautiful Korean sun began setting and the sky turned into the warmest of orange and pink. She stared out into the millions of girls down bellow from the balcony. Since they were the official Cassiopeia fanclub, they had the luxury of staying at the terminal that DBSK would board from. But as luck would have it, that’s only as far as the regular members could go. The officers, like President Kwak BongCha and her V.P. – Lee JiSun, were permitted to be at the same gate and would be last people to see Korea’s number one idols off.

Judging from the cries of “Aniyo Oppa, don’t leave!” or “Take me with you!”, ChoMin guessed that her cousin and the rest of the members finally arrived at the airport. As they made their way through the throngs of girls with security all around them, they were tossed around like leaves in the ocean. Every step they took, pictures flashed and videos rolled. They didn’t stop for autographs and seemed cold to the fact that girls all around grabbed and pulled them. If it weren’t for the 9 security guards around, they would have been ripped to shreds. ChoMin looked down at her empty hands. All the other girls with her had gifts, including JeeWoon, but in ChoMin’s hands there was nothing.

She gave them her precious gifts the night before in their apartment. It was hard to see them leave Korea and leave her for a whole month by herself. She knew if she gave her gifts to them the day they left, she would do something that would have definitely blown her cover. While they packed, ChoMin handed them each a small container filled with painstakingly hand made sweets. Each of the members received their own customized pastries – rich chocolate for YooChun, creamy vanilla for ChangMin, fresh chocolate-mint for her cousin, juicy cherry for JunSu and sweet strawberry for JaeJoong.

As soon as she got home from the bookstore, she went right down to baking their pastries. They were too busy checking last minute things to notice her slaving away in front of the oven.

When she handed the last box of sweets to the last member a few tears escaped her eyes before she could stop them. JunSu noticed this and immediately asked her why she cried. Unable to control her emotions, she let out how much she really was going to miss them and that she’ll be all alone. And ever the sweet Xiah promised to keep her updated everyday and would call her to see how she was doing.

It was then that a small tear had reached each member as they had a group hug. Even the fearless YunHo had a sniffle or two. It was the first time any of them left Korea and truth be told, they were scared less. They worried about being unsuccessful and being in a foreign land where they barely knew the language.

YunHo and the rest were already on the escalator and in a few steps they’d be right in front of them. The 30 or so regular members crowded around the super idols, each giving their own gifts. The gifts given were all ranged in size and were not exactly fit for traveling. One girl in particular, Kim SooJin – a tall girl with straight hair – gave YunHo a large, bulky wrapped present. Being the gentlemen he was, YunHo politely declined saying that the airlines wouldn’t allow it but he was still thankful.

ChoMin chose to stay behind the small crowd. She lived with DBSK for about a month now, and had them all for herself. The rest of the girls needed their time. She stared at them from her distance, trying to engrave their image into her brain. Her gaze traveled to the blond haired god wearing a black skull beanie, and frowned sadly. Even though they had a rocky beginning, he slowly warmed up to her and vice versa. She would really miss his mischievous antics that included her cousin. It was then that JaeJoong caught ChoMin’s gaze from the group of girls surrounding her. ChoMin gave him a sad smile and he just stared back.

Without warning he stuck his tongue out her and smirked. In that instant ChoMin’s mood lifted. How can it not when her favorite member did the cutest thing? JaeJoong smiled at the blushing ChoMin and gave her a small wave before they were ushered to their gates by Manager Choi.

And just like that, DBSK was gone from her sight.

The rest of the Cassiopeia members had tears in their eyes and before she could stop it, tears welled up in hers as well. She sat down in the leather bench at the terminal, crestfallen and gloomy. ChoMin stared down at her feet as she swung them. A tall shadow on the floor approached her. Looking up, she saw JeeWoon sit next to her, eyes b with unshed tears. There they were, two girls madly in love with their idol group, sitting silently as if someone they knew passed away.

           “Dong Bang Shin Ki left,” ChoMin stated solemnly, leaning her head on JeeWoon’s shoulder.

The taller girls sniffed and tried wiping away her tears, “Yeah, they did.” JeeWoon sighed after a few a short moment of self-thought she continued, “ChoMin-ah? I don’t want to be alone today…Wanna sleep over?”

The older girls silently reflected. What was waiting for her when she got home? An empty apartment? “Yeah, I’ll sleep over.”

Photobucket

Night settled by the time the two girls made it back to the heart of Seoul. All around them, the streetlights blinked on one by one. Incheon International Airport was roughly 30 minutes away from where JeeWoon lived. The two rode the bus to JeeWoon’s house in deep contemplation.

Their bus passed her normal route and ChoMin couldn’t even bare to see the lonely apartment from her window. She wouldn’t wake up to the sounds of JunSu’s video games or YooChun’s loud music anymore.

What seemed like the longest bus ride ever, they finally arrived at their destination. It was a short walk to JeeWoon’s quaint house, as it was only around the block from the bus stop.

They reached the gate and a small plaque with the name ‘Sohn’ engraved on it glimmered as the light of the streetlights reflected off of it. JeeWoon pushed the gate open and bounded up the stairs with ChoMin right behind her. Usually, ChoMin would feel a bit weird and slightly uncomfortable being in someone else house, but tonight – tonight she was in such a low mood that she didn’t care at all. Rummaging through her purse, JeeWoon fished out a purple-nail-polished key. With it she unlocked the door and let ChoMin in.

The two girls removed their shoes and went into the living room. Inside, a short and stout woman wearing a trench coach and clutching a purse hurriedly made her way towards them.

            “Umma?” JeeWoon asked, “Where are you going?”

ChoMin had to do a double take. There was no way that that short woman was related to her friend. While JeeWoon was tall and slim, the woman she called mom was diminutive and pudgy. Even the shape of their face was un-similar; ChoMin could barely find any resemblance!

            “I have to make a last minute errand, Oh! And who is this?” JeeWoon’s mom asked, noticing the other girl with her daughter.

ChoMin bowed to her respectfully. “Anyonghaseyo! My name is Jung ChoMin, a friend.”

            “Is it all right if Jung ChoMin sleeps over?” JeeWoon asked. ChoMin looked over at her mom. Though JeeWoon’s mom remained tight lipped and had a disapproving look, she nodded her head.

            “Its fine,” she finally said but had a smile on her face, “Just next time give me more warning when you have someone over. The house is messy!” JeeWoon’s mom laughed.

Trying to be polite, ChoMin chuckled alongside her. She eyed the living room; with the exception of some work out equipment and a few magazines sprawled here and there, the house was very tidy.

            “Well you two girls have fun. I’ll be back in a bit.” She then looked over to ChoMin, “Make yourself at home dear.”

ChoMin smiled bowing and thanked her for her kindness. “Thank you. Anyonghikaseyo!”

The door closed behind JeeWoon’s mom and ChoMin turned over to her friend. “Your mom seems nice.”

JeeWoon scoffed, “Only if there’s company.” She turned to her left, into a hallway. “Come on, I’ll show you my room.” ChoMin followed JeeWoon into a plain looking room. The walls were white but covered with numerous posters of YunHo and the rest of DBSK plus some other bands here and there. There was a simple bed on the far end of the room, opposite to the door, and a big desk adjacent to the closet. On top of the neat bed was a keyboard.

While ChoMin took in the details of the room, JeeWoon went to her closet and rummageg through her clothes for something ChoMin could sleep in. Taking out some pajamas and a tank top, she handed them to ChoMin. “Here, they might be a little big, but it’ll do.”

            “Where’s the rest room?” ChoMin asked, grateful she had something comfortable to sleep in, instead of her skinny jeans and suspenders.

            “Down the hall to your right,” JeeWoon said as she plopped down on her bed and began reading a magazine. “Oh and if you find boxers in the sink, they aren’t mine.”

ChoMin smiled, “Well duh.” Taking her clothes, she marched to the restroom. The restroom was mostly clean, and thankfully there were no boxers to be found. ChoMin stared at her reflection in the mirror. And she had to admit she looked humorous. Her face was all blotchy from crying, her eyes were red and puffy, and her nose could rival that of Rudolf. She pinched her cheeks to give them a slight color and sighed. Not only did it feel weird to be in someone else’s house, but the fact that she won’t see JaeJoong’s pout, or JunSu’s ducky for a long month made her felt morose. She got out of her current clothing and put the ones that JeeWoon provided. Like she said, the pink pajamas were kind of big and hung loose around her hips. But the yellow tank top fit snug on her. ChoMin turned the faucet and felt the water run down her fingers. When the temperature was just right, she splashed some cool water on her face, hoping that it would be enough to get rid of the blotchiness of her skin.

Using her previous shirt, she wiped her face dry and took one last look at her reflection. Mildly satisfied with her appearance, ChoMin opened the door to the bathroom and stepped out – only to bump into something tall and judging from what her cheek felt, hard. ChoMin looked up and her heart nearly fell out. Right in front of her was a tall, maybe 6’1” or 6’2”, tanned boy with a white sweat-stained shirt and black basketball shorts. His hair was short and spiked up, and y sweat dripped from his handsome face. ChoMin eyes traveled to his face and she nearly melted. There on his face was something she could get lost looking into – his big bushy eyebrows. Not to mention the dark brown almond shaped eyes and the plump lips that sat atop his face.

A simple “oh – ” was all that ChoMin managed to utter as she stared, mesmerized at the boy.

            “…Ok…” His voice dipped with wonder at the strange girl in his house, occupying his bathroom and blocking his way.

Snapping out of her revere, ChoMin blushed red and bowed in apology. “Omigawd, I’m so sorry! So sorry!”

This hot guy just pushed past her and mumbled a “whatever” before slamming the door behind him. ChoMin was awestruck, not even aware that a door was slammed on her face. She made the short trek to JeeWoon’s room in a blissful daze.

JeeWoon eyed ChoMin strangely as she entered with a goofy grin plastered on her face. “What’s gotten into you?”

           “Who was that?” ChoMin asked, still awestruck as she leaned against the bed.

JeeWoon craned her neck to see the bathroom light on through the crack under the door. “Oh him? That’s my brother,” she said with disdain and disgust, “Remember? The guy that picked me up when we first met?”

ChoMin looked at JeeWoon, her eyes sparkly and her heart filled with love-at-first-sight jitters. ChoMin laughed at her friend’s contempt with her brother. “So I’m guessing you don’t call him ‘Oppa’?”

JeeWoon scoffed, “Hell no! I have no respect for him whatsoever,” she replied flipping the page in her magazine.

Suddenly the door to bathroom opened and the tall handsome figure of JeeWoon’s brother appeared at her door frame. “Where’s Umma?”

Both girls looked up at the intruder but with different feelings. ChoMin liked the idea of him being there and looked forward to getting to know him more. But JeeWoon had a different idea.

            “What the hell are you doing in my room?! Get out!” JeeWoon angrily screamed at her older brother. ChoMin looked up at him from her position on the carpet. She could visibly see him annoyed but yet kept an aloof expression.

            “Where the hell is Umma?” he repeated more harshly.

            “Get the hell out!” JeeWoon screamed, ready to throw him out if she had to. “Can’t you see I have a guest?”

At that mention, JeeWoon’s older brother looked down to the sitting girl on the floor. With his eyes solely on her, ChoMin froze under his gaze. He looked back at his sister apparently not caring. “So?”

Not wanting her friend to be angry, ChoMin opt to diffuse the situation. “She went out,” she stated simply.

JeeWoon’s brother eyed her from the corner of his eyes and grunted. “Ok.” With his single word, he left the room and ventured into his own room right across the hall.

There was a moment of silence after he left. JeeWoon angrily sighed as she flipped over onto her back. “I can’t stand that guy! Always barges into my room without permission!”

ChoMin chuckled to herself. Usually her friend was more calm and composed but it was funny to see how short JeeWoon’s fuse was when it came to her brother. Wanting to , ChoMin twirled some hair between her thumbs and asked, “What would you say if I became your sister-in-law?”

JeeWoon froze, unbelieving as to what ChoMin had just spat out. Using her elbows to prop herself up, she gave ChoMin her sternest face. Like hell she’d let her friend marry that stupid bastard of a brother.

            “I’ll kill you.”

ChoMin rolled her eyes and smiled, grabbing a fluffy pillow from underneath JeeWoon. “Shut up,” ChoMin said as she threw the pillow at JeeWoon’s supposed straight face.

Photobucket

 Well there you go! It was kind of sad in the end when DBSK had to leave ChoMin behind…

 Well since its summer, I have more free time, so I’ll be able to work more on INACAIS. So thanks for staying with me this far! Kamsahimnda!!! ^-^

Until Next Time!!!

Notes:

Show Me Your Love – if you are not familiar with it, it’s a collaboration song by DBSK and SUJU.
Hai Sensei, watashi wa kotoba o renshū e iru– “Yes teacher/manager. I have been practicing the language.”
Kimbap – sort of like a Korean version of sushi, but it doesn’t have to contain fish at all.