So Hungry I Could Choke on a Horse

It's Not As Cool As It Seems

So Hungry I Could Choke on a Horse

Photobucket

            “Aish! Just go home you useless girl!” JeeWoon’s dad, a stout and tanned man, yelled harshly to his daughter who sat down on the casher’s counter, holding a magazine featuring Dong Bang Shin Ki on the cover.

             “Appa, I’m not useless,” JeeWoon pouted at her angry father. “I’m watching the cash register for you.”

            “Aish, you have school tomorrow and if you’re not going to do anything, leave.”

JeeWoon puffed up her cheeks and slammed the magazine right-side up on the counter. “Fine, but don’t think I’ll wait up for you at home, Appa,” JeeWoon replied, taking off her white apron and dropping it on the hook near the back door entrance. With a glare at her dad’s back, she wrench open the screen door and slammed it hard behind her.

            “Why did I have kids again?” JeeWoon’s dad mumbled to himself as the glass door to the front of his restaurant opened and the bell above dinged. The large group settled into a table near the counter and towards the back. JeeWoon’s dad eyed the strange group. Only one out of the six was definitely a girl. The rest of the group… call him old fashion but when did boys look so girlish? Not only were the girly-men strange, one of them even had unusual blond hair.

He took their orders at any rate; figuring business was business either way. He looked around the restaurant, aside from the large group, a father and his son sat at the front. Mr. Sohn came back with the large group’s beverages when suddenly; one of his other customers, a pretty good looking teenager, began coughing and sputtering. His face turned an unhealthy shade of blue and he clawed at his throat.

            “He’s choking! Somebody help me!” the young man’s father exclaimed as he tried to help his son.

Immediately, ChoMin rose to her feet, knocking over her chair. She raced to the teenager and placed her arms around his chest, giving him the Heimlich maneuver. It took a few tries, but the man finally spit out a chicken bone before passing out.

ChoMin’s hand hovered near the guy’s nose, waiting for a breath. “He’s not breathing! Someone call an ambulance!” she ordered, trying to keep the guy from falling. ChangMin whipped out his cell phone and proceeded to call the hospital. JaeJoong and YunHo rushed to her aid and hefted the unconscious man onto the floor. JunSu watched wide eye at the scene before him while YooChun went over to the father and started talking to him, trying to keep him from panicking. Mr. Sohn reached the scene, praying that there would be no lawsuit against him.

ChoMin laid the unconscious man gently onto the floor and adjusted his head so his airway wasn’t blocked. She then lowered her head next to his mouth, trying to hear if air passed through. ‘Nothing!!’ She began panicking a little but quickly pushed it aside due to the need for fast action. ‘Please let there be a pulse! Please let there be a pulse!’ ChoMin checked; there was a pulse! She looked closely at the man before her, who looked to be about her age or younger, and almost dreaded what she’d have to do next. ‘At least he’s cute.’ She looked at YunHo’s concerned face, and then at JaeJoong’s right next to him. ChoMin took a deep breath and placed her lips against the man’s lips, blowing air into him.

            “Yah! What the hell do you think you’re doing!?” YunHo yelled, mortified that his baby cousin locked lips with a complete stranger. JaeJoong on the other hand had a look of agitation mixed in with shock.

            “ChoMin-ah! Aniyo! Let me do it!” JunSu yelled, also mortified. He crashed to his knees and was about to pull ChoMin away. He could not let ChoMin’s beautiful lips touch that of a complete stranger’s.

            “Oppa, I got it.” Instead, she pushed JunSu away and proceeded to give a couple more rescue breathes, and checking every two minutes for a pulse. Suddenly, the young man underneath her took a huge breath in,  showing some sighns of movement and conciousness. After a few more seconds, he wearily opened his eyes. He shakily tried to sit up, but ChoMin gently pushed him down to rest. 

            “Just stay down,” ChoMin said gently, placing her hand on his shoulder to steady him.  “Take calming breathes, you will be fine.” The restaurant owner placed a glass of cool water near him, and looked up as the faint sound of the sirens grew louder.

            “The ambulance…” ChoMin said as JunSu helped her up, while the father of the teen kneeled down to his son.

            “I think we should go…” ChangMin said, looking gloomy at the situation before him. He then turned to his fellow members, “We can’t afford SM to find out about this.”

            “Yeah, let’s go,” YunHo agreed.

            “Wait!” The ahjusshi called out and bowed to them in appreciation. “I’d like to thank you for saving my son.” He gestured to his son, who was showing more signs of movement and conciousness.

The members and ChoMin bowed as well and smiled politely. The once unconscious guy turned face ChoMin and blushed shyly, causing her to look down at her feet in embarrassment.

            “It’s no problem,” YunHo replied through a forced smile, having seen the look the young man gave his cousin. JunSu protectively moved in front of ChoMin, blocking the other guy’s view. YooChun ushered their group toward the back door as the sirens grew closer.

            “Is there anyway I can repay you?” The ahjusshi questioned, truly grateful for ChoMin’s fast thinking.

YunHo waved his hands in decline, “Aniyo, Aniyo. We were more than willing. The ambulances will be here soon, and they will you to the hospital for professional help.”

            “Thank you,” the ahjusshi replied, bowing once more before turning around to care for his son.

ChangMin lead the way out through the back door, followed by YooChun and JaeJoong. JunSu tugged at ChoMin’s hand, pulling her out the door. YunHo on the other hand stayed behind and grabbed his black leather wallet from his inner jacket, and walked towards Mr. Sohn at the counter.

            “Aniyo,” Mr. Sohn refused, declining the money YunHo was about to hand to him. “You guys are heroes, keep the money.”

            “Aniyo, aniyo. Still… We ordered our drinks and I’m here to pay for it,” YunHo insisted, handing him the money. “I’d feel bad if we didn’t pay Ahjusshi.”

            “Aish, damn kid,” Mr. Sohn retorted, sliding the won back in YunHo’s direction. “Just take your money and scram!” He then turned around as if to ignore YunHo, yet smiled secretly at the young man's manners.

YunHo bowed in gratitude and walked away towards the door. When Mr. Sohn wasn’t looking, he left the money on the back counter before continuing out. Once outside the restaurant, YunHo stalked towards his little cousin.

            “Yah! Jung ChoMin!” YunHo yelled as he stopped and pointed an accusing finger to his cousin further up the street. ChoMin and JunSu stopped in their tracks to look behind them.

            “Muh?” ChoMin asked annoyed, knowing the subject YunHo’s rant was likely to be about. “Could this wait until we get home?”

YunHo walked down to her, ignoring her request. He blew things out of proportions. “What were you doing? It looked like you were kissing that - that guy!”

ChoMin rolled her eyes as JunSu agreed with her cousin. JaeJoong, who had waited for YunHo outside the restaurant, walked right beside him and added, “Yeah, what were you doing?”

ChoMin giggled as she shook her head at her protective Oppas, and did a little mental fangirl squeal as JaeJoong was being a bit protective too. She smiled and simply responded, “I was saving a man’s life.”

Rolling his eyes from the immaturity of his hyungs, ChangMin interjected, “It was CPR. Some lip-to-lip action is inevitable.”

JunSu let go of ChoMin and walked to where YunHo and JaeJoong stood side by side. All three had their hands across their chest, ignoring ChangMin. “Don’t do it again,” the three said in unison.

ChoMin chuckled and shook her head in disbelief. “If it make you guys feel better,” she said sarcastically, “I won’t save another person’s life ever again.” She then turned around and ran to catch up with YooChun and ChangMin who sat in the car. She opened YooChun’s car door and stuck her tongue at the three before sliding inside.

Photobucket

            “Knock knock,” YooChun said at the same time he knocked on ChoMin’s door before opening it. “What’s wrong my ChoMinnie, want me to comfort you?” he smirked, winking at her.

            “YooChun-ah,” ChoMin said simply as she hugged her pillow tightly while she sat crossed-legged on the bed. Before, she would usually be all giggly and blushing when YooChun visited her room. But recently, YooChun felt less like a crush and more like a bestie. She grew used to his flirty attitude and his playful nature. To her, YooChun ceased to be Micky YooChun from DBSK, but Park YooChun, another hormonally charged but harmless boy, somewhat like her guy friends in the US.

YooChun frowned at the reaction ChoMin gave him. ‘Usually when I say something like that, she says something suggestive back,’ he thought, placing his hands into his blue and orange Trojan(*) hoodie and sat down at the edge of her bed.

         “Seriously ChoMin-ah, what’s bugging you?” he asked, cocking his head to get a better look at her face. It was apparent that she had been crying. Ever since they got home, she immediately stole herself into her room and hadn’t come out.

ChoMin sniffed and looked away at YooChun’s piercing gaze, “It-it’s nothing. Don’t worry about me. I’m fine! I’m peachy great!” she said with a big smile on her face, yet the redness of her nose and the puffiness of her eyes contradicted her statement.

            “Aish, whoever told you you were a good liar, lied,” YooChun chuckled then smirked as an idea formed in his head. “If you’re not going to tell me, then…” he wiggled his fingers near her abdomen, “I’ll make you tell me.”

ChoMin giggled, swatting his hand away and giving YooChun a light punch on the shoulder. “I’m not ticklish,” she replied, sticking her tongue out at him playfully, but inched closer to where he sat and rested her head on the shoulder she just punched.

She sniffed and whispered sadly, “It was my first kiss…” ChoMin brought up her knees and hugged it. “Even though I don’t regret performing CPR on that guy, but… I imagined my first kiss to be WAY different…I wanted it to be…special.”

            “ChoMin-ah…” YooChun comforted sympathetically, as he ran his hand up and down, trying to sooth her.

           “I can’t stand it!” ChoMin exploded in English as she jumped out of the bed and started pacing, completely surprising YooChun. “I feel so immature! Urgh!” She began pacing back and forth, completely in her own world. “That as a first kiss! Is it so hard to ask for someone to not stop breathing?! I mean it’s my first kiss! My first kiss should have been under the rain and with JaeJoong!” She gasped, covering with both hands and with wide eyes. ‘Oh no! Please don’t tell me I said that out loud.’  She shut both her eyes, not wanting to see if YooChun had overheard her or not. ‘Oh no oh no oh no!’ She turned to him slowly and cracked open one eyelid.

YooChun’s jaw dropped. Oh not only did he understand her fast English ranting, he heard her secret wish.

            “You like JAEJOONG HYUNG?!” YooChun pointed an accusing finger at her face, his eyes still large.

            “Shush!” ChoMin quieted, placing her index finger to her lips and her right hand over his mouth to silence him. “It’s the middle of the night! You’ll wake up everybody!” When YooChun seemed to quiet down and sat back on the bed, she removed her hand from his mouth and started pacing again. “It’s not that I don't like him… I’m just not so sure. I mean, he doesn’t seem to like me all that much… a-and there’s also the fact that I might like JunSu oppa too –”

YooChun bolted up, and pointed his finger at her face again. “even SU?!”

            “Aish!” ChoMin cussed as she tried to quiet him down and gave him an annoyed look. “Oppa!”

            “Miene,” YooChun apologized, raising his hands in retreat as he sat back down on her comfy bed. He blew up at his bangs and crossed his legs. “Wow, liking two menat once. What are you going to do?”

ChoMin collapsed right next to him and placed a pillow over her head. “I don’t know…Wait and see if any of them like me back?”

YooChun smiled down at the confused girl and lay down next to her, using her stomach as a pillow and twirled a thread of her hair between his fingers… “You know… you can always ditch them and go out with me,” he grabbed the pillow and tossed it between his hands.

            “Muh?” ChoMin asked in confusion.

He flipped over and using his elbows to support his weight, he hovered above ChoMin and stared at her with his piercing grey orbs. ChoMin stared back at the beautiful eyes, unable to look away. His face dipped closer to hers, his breath fogging up her glasses. “Wouldn’t you want this Oppa instead?”

He closed the distance between them with each passing second, and not once was she able to pry her eyes away from his. She was completely frozen under his gaze. He drew even closer, so close that their noses touched, making her heart pound faster and faster. His gaze was so intense, so unwavering. But then, instead of the kiss she was awaiting, he cracked a smile and began laughing as he rolled away from her.

            “Hahaha!” YooChun cracked, clutching his side as he rolled over on the bed. ChoMin sat up and pouted, glaring daggers at the laughing YooChun for playing a mean trick on her. She kicked him off her bed and pulled the covers on top of her, facing away from him.

YooChun pulled himself up as he wiped a tear at corner of his eye, his laughter subsiding. He sat back down on ChoMin’s bed and her hair.

            “C’mon ChoMin-ah, I was just joking around.” He smiled, “Miene.”

ChoMin faced up right, yet pulled the covers up to her chin and still pouted. YooChun leaned over and kissed her on the forehead before standing up to leave. With his hand on the doorknob and his back facing her, he mumbled “G’night” but turned around with a serious expression that ChoMin had never seen him wear. “ChoMin-ah, I understand how you feel…but just don’t forget… they could get hurt too.”

He opened the door and left ChoMin to ponder his words.

Photobucket

JunSu tossed and turned in his bed, unable to find a comfortable position. It was like any other night, the air-conditioning was as cold as ever and the loud snores coming from the youngest member was still as loud. He kicked off his sheets as he huffed in irritation.

            ‘Urgh! That stupid kiss!’ JunSu thought as he sat up, a scowl on his face as the image of ChoMin locking lips with that stranger flooded his mind. ‘Why couldn’t it have been me?! If only she let me, then she wouldn’t have had to kiss that – that pabo.’

He swung his legs over the side of his mattress, maneuvering his way through the sleeping bodies on the beds. ‘Maybe a glass of warm milk will help me get to sleep,’ he thought, smiling at his craving. ‘I’ll apologize to YooChunnie for not waking him up for our usual midnight snack.’ He twisted the doorknob as quietly as he could for YunHo was silently snoring 3 feet away.

He opened the door to come face to face with YooChun closing ChoMin’s door.

            “YooChun-ah!” JunSu exclaimed in surprise as he pointed a finger at YooChun, “What were you doing in her room?” he asked suspiciously.

YooChun smiled sweetly, draping his arm around JunSu as he led him to the kitchen. “Oh, it’s not important. Were you going to eat our nightly snack without me, Su?”

JunSu shrugged of YooChun’s arm from his shoulder and stopped in front of him, wearing a serious expression and whispered, “YooChun-ah…Do you like ChoMin?”

YooChun smiled as he shook his head, placing both his hands on JunSu shoulders. “Are you jealous Su? You know you’re the only one for me, right?” YooChun then hugged him tightly, not wanting to let him go.

JunSu tried pushing YooChun off but was unsuccessful. Not only was YooChun taller, but he was stronger too. “YooChun-ah, I’m being serious! If there’s anything going on betwe –”

The taller one sighed and replied, “Don’t worry about a thing Su. ChoMinnie and I are completely platonic. I don’t have any romantic feelings towards her, and neither does she with me.” He let go of JunSu and held on to his hand, “There’s nothing going on between us. You can have her.”

He gave JunSu’s hand a squeeze before letting go. JunSu eyed him before sighing and placed a hand on his heart. “Good!” He smiled brightly up at YooChun and grabbed his hand again, “I thought there was, but never mind.” He then pulled on YooChun to follow him into the kitchen. “For tonight’s adventure…Let’s try to find ChangMinnie’s hidden stash of sweets!”

Photobucket

            “Wow! They’re so fluffy!” commented JunSu as he used his chopsticks to hold up a pancake from his plate before biting a piece off. JunSu munched happily, still in his pajamas and only looked up when ChangMin entered wearing a loose fitted jeans and a tight black shirt with some random English words printed on it in white.

ChangMin pulled out a seat next to JunSu as ChoMin came with a frying pan, ready to serve him his own stack of kimchi omolet. The table displayed some Korean sausages, white rice, and 3 sunny-side up eggs at the center, plus a pitcher of juice.

            “It looks really good, ChoMin-sshi,” smiled ChangMin while he poured himself a glass of orange juice. “Now all you have to master is cooking Ramyeon and you’re good to go,” he laughed, serving himself some rice into his bowl and taking a sausage from the plate in front of him.

ChoMin hit him lightly on the shoulder before returning back to the kitchen to pour some more batter on the frying pan to make more omolet for the rest of the members.

JaeJoong entered the dining area fully dressed and took a seat on the table. “I swear, not even an earthquake could wake that YooChun,” he said, shaking his head. He turned to look at the other members eating and his eyes widen in delight. “Ah! Omelettes!” He reached to the other end of the table and with his chopsticks, stole a fluffy kimchi omelette from JunSu’s plate.

            “Hyung!” JunSu yelled in agitation as he reached over to JaeJoong’s plate to reclaim his lost breakfast, almost knocking down his glass of orange juice.

            “Yah!” ChoMin yelled over her shoulder as she flipped the kimchi omelette in the pan one last time before placing it on a plate. “You guys, calm down. I have another one here.” She turned around and walked towards the table, handing JunSu another omolet before going back to make more.

            “Yah!” JaeJoong yelled then pointed to JunSu, “How come he gets another omelette ? I only got one!”

ChoMin looked over her shoulder while pouring some more batter on the pan and replied, “Everyone gets three, and you took one of his.”

            “Oh I see how it is,” JaeJoong said, glaring at JunSu when the latter stuck out his tongue as ChoMin talked. He then pouted, “Playing favorites.”

ChoMin rolled her eyes and smiled, flipping over the pancake. “If I was playing favorites, you would have gotten more.” She placed the hot cake on a plate, and added more batter to the pan.

It was JaeJoong’s turn to stick out his tongue at JunSu who glared at him back. ChangMin on the other hand tried not laughing at the childish behavior his hyungs were displaying.

ChoMin came back with JaeJoong’s little stack before gasping as she read the kitchen clock that read a quarter to 7. “Oh my gosh! You guys are going to be late if you don’t hurry up!”

JunSu turned around to face the clock and wrinkled his nose with detest. He hated rushing in the morning and wished they didn’t have to be at the studio so early. In reality, they had to be at the studio by 7:30 and SM Entertainment was just a few miles down the street. But the traffic at this hour was killer. It’s around this time that everyone who was either working or a student took to the streets.

He stuffed his last piece of pancake into his mouth and stood up, pushing his chair backwards. With a sigh, JunSu walked to their bedroom to change. “I’ll go wake up YooChunnie,” he sighed again and looked back at ChoMin, who offered him a sympathetic smile before he rounded the corner. Since both JaeJoong and ChangMin were dressed, they stayed at the table to finish their meal.

            “ChoMin-sshi,” JaeJoong called out a few minutes later, placing his chopsticks down neatly and standing up with his dishes. ChoMin turned around in time to see JaeJoong dump his dirty plate into the sink and turn around to face her. He leaned against the sink as he studied the girl in front of him. “Are you going to be busy at 12:30?”

ChoMin stared at him, not believing what she just heard. ‘Why is he asking? Maybe he wants to take me out to eat lunch!!’ She bit her lip, trying to conceal her excitement and replied, “I don’t start my classes until 2.” She smiled coyly, “Why do you ask?”

            “That’s great!” JaeJoong exclaimed happily; standing up straight, he placed his hands on her shoulders and looked her straight in the eye. ChoMin gulped as she eyed the two beautiful hands on her shoulders, a blush starting to form at her cheeks. ‘This is it! He’s going to ask me out!’

            “ChoMin-sshi…”

ChoMin’s mind whirled, her inner fangirl bursting with pure joy and doing flips and cartwheels. ‘Yes! Yes!’

JaeJoong kept the eye contact, never budging. To ChoMin, it was so surreal. It was everything a girl could ask for. JaeJoong will ask her out for lunch, and then he’ll see what a great gal she is and ask for a real date. And that date will turn into more dates, and soon she’ll be Mrs. Kim JaeJoong!

           “ChoMin-sshi, will you –”

            “Neh!!!” ChoMin exclaimed excitedly, not letting JaeJoong finish his question. JaeJoong smiled at her and pulled away, he too looked happy.

            “I mean you’re cooking isn’t all that great, but it sure beats the delivery food that’s always served during lunch.”

She scrunched her eyebrows in confusion. ‘Delivery food?’ She eyed the smiling idol in front of her strangely. “Muh?”

It was JaeJoong’s turn to eye her strangely, “You can cook us lunch and drop it off at SM, right?”

ChoMin smiled sadly, finally realizing that he wasn’t asking her out to eat lunch with him at some fancy restaurant, and instead, wanted her to make lunches for them.

            “…Neh, I’ll be there…” She turned around sadly and walked towards her room with her head down, passing ChangMin who watched her leave dejectedly.

ChangMin looked over to JaeJoong who leaned against the counter. “So she said yes?”

Photobucket

Newest chapter. ^-^ I hope you liked it~

Ahhh... I deleted my fanfic on winglin. =/ I realized that the one here has a better format and has been edited for any mistakes. The one on winglin was beginning to be a hastle, so I just deleted it. =O

Note:

“…blue and orange Trojan hoodie” – ia University’s colors and mascot.