Treading on Egg Shells

It's Not As Cool As It Seems

Treading on Egg Shells

Photobucket

            “So, is that how girls in America look like now?” YooChun asked from his position on the floor, sitting against ChoMin’s bed.

ChoMin paused in braiding YooChun’s long hair to peek over his shoulder to the Seventeen magazine he flipped through. One of Britney Spear’s old songs played in the stereo on top of one of the many dressers in ChoMin’s room. It was a Friday night, three days since her confession to JaeJoong and two days since JunSu’s question. YooChun had sneaked into ChoMin’s room for their new traditional nightly talks. In truths, the two have became something like best friends – ChoMin being one of the first to be close to YooChun without any prior intimate relationship.

            “Neh, they’re so tall and skinny aren’t they?” ChoMin asked and resumed braiding YooChun’s hair as she sat crossed legged on her bed. “Why, do you like them?”

YooChun scrunched his nose, “They’re ok. I’d date them, but, I want my girl with more meat, you know something to squeeze.”

ChoMin laughed as she finished braiding one part of his hair before deciding it didn’t look right, and started over again. As her laughter subsided and YooChun once again silently flipped through the pages of her magazine, ChoMin let her mind wonder off to Sunday’s rendezvous.

She giggled excitedly at the romantic date she dreamed up involving JunSu, candles, music, a blanket and some chocolate syrup.

            “What’s with you?” YooChun asked, looking up at the blushing girl giggling above him.

ChoMin studied YooChun’s face, deciding whether it was safe to tell him her and JunSu’s secret. A big goofy grin, showing all her pearly whites, remained on her face as she looked down at YooChun. “Promise not to tell anyone – and I mean anyone – especially YunHo oppa. You got that?”

            “What is it? What is it?” YooChun flipped over, wide-eyes and giddy at the no doubt juicy secret ChoMin was about to confide in him.

            “Araso,” ChoMin let out a breath as she lay down on her pillow. No matter how blissful she was, she still didn’t know how YooChun would react if she told him she was going out with one of his best friends. And frankly, she didn’t want to see if it was going to be a bad reaction. She stared up at her white ceiling as she started, “JunSu asked me out on Tuesday and I said yes.”

YooChun’s mouth literally dropped to the floor at the shocking news. How could she not tell him something so important? Better yet, how come JunSu didn’t tell him? He couldn’t believe it, none of his best friends even told him they were dating. He kept his mouth shut, hoping ChoMin would dish some more information on their impending date.

            “He didn’t tell me where we’re going to go, but it’s this Sunday,” ChoMin continued.

            “Well that’s great! I’m happy for you guys,” YooChun smiled, though a part of him still felt uneasy with the whole deal. “You better tell me what happens, ok?”

ChoMin sighed in relief, smiling happily from her laid down position. Yet, there was something bothering her. A small nagging thought at the back of her mind that she couldn’t get rid of. YooChun went back to looking through the magazine sprawled on his lap.

            “YooChun?”

            “Hmmm?”

            “I…I’m not 100% sure about my feelings towards JunSu oppa…” ChoMin whispered softly, facing away from him, ashamed at her confession. “I still think I might like JaeJoong-sshi,” she whispered, worry and fright in her voice.

YooChun’s back visibly tensed at her words. He took a deep breath, fashioning a fake smile. “Well, if JaeJoong hyung and Su were both drowning, who would you save?”

ChoMin thought about it for a few moments, and when she finally had an answer she flipped over to face YooChun with a smile.

            “Neither. YunHo oppa would save JaeJoong-sshi and you would save JunSu oppa before I could even get in the water!”

He smiled at ChoMin’s attempt to lighten the mood. Truth be told, if JunS were to drown, he would be in the water in a heartbeat. YooChun pinched ChoMin’s cheek as he grinned at her clever answer.

            “Aigoo! Aigoo! Aigoo!” ChoMin yelled in pain, “Yah! Why’d you do that for?!” She glared daggers at him, rubbing the spot he pinched with a pout.

“Because My-Cho is so clever!” YooChun chuckled as he sat up from the floor to sit on the edge of ChoMin’s bed. “Why not go out with me instead of JunSu?” YooChun asked as he petted ChoMin’s hair like an owner would pet their beloved cat. He smirked sensually. “I promise to teach you things you’ll only dream about learning. Just forget about that date with him.”

ChoMin rolled her eyes, swatting away YooChun’s hand and turning over to face the wall again. “Stop playing around. Go to sleep, I’m sleepy.”

YooChun smirked, bending down and kissing the strand of ChoMin’s hair that was between his fingers as the bed squeaked while he leaned over close to her ear. “Who said I was playing?”

Photobucket

ChoMin stood on the doorstep of JeeWoon’s house, waiting patiently for her friend to answer. She hummed the happy tune of “Hi Ya Ya” as she rocked back and forth between the balls of her feet. It was such a beautiful Saturday! The birds chirped happily and the sun’s rays were warm and cheery. Aside from having no school for both girls, it was a one-day marker for ChoMin’s big date the following day.

            “What’s up?” JeeWoon asked in a monotone voice as she opened the door, letting in her lively friend. She was completely unaware of why ChoMin was bubbling with life.

            “JeeWoon-ah! Who is it?” JeeWoon’s mom asked from inside the kitchen.

            “It’s Jung ChoMinnie, Umma!” JeeWoon yelled back.

            “Oh?” Mrs. Sohn replied, walking out the kitchen with a smile on her face.

            “Annyonghasaeyo!” ChoMin greeted, bowing with respect.

            “Ah, ChoMin-ah! I’m so glad to see you over at the house again,” JeeWoon’s mom said, truly happy that her only daughter actually had friends. “Would you like to stay for lunch?”

            “Sorry Mrs. Sohn, but I can’t stay that long. I’m afraid I have something to do at lunch.”

            “Oh, that’s ok. We were going to have lunch early today!” Mrs. Sohn said cheerfully, walking back to the kitchen, “JeeWoonie’s appa is coming home for a lunch break; he’ll be here any minute. So you want to eat with us?”

            “In that case I would love to stay,” ChoMin smiled politely, unable to refuse Mrs. Sohn’s hospitality. “Let’s go talk in your room,” ChoMin whispered to her friend, a brilliant smile plastered on her face at the exciting news she was about to tell JeeWoon.

            “Araso,” JeeWoon said, rubbing her stomach from inside her shirt, “You know the way, I’ll go get us something to drink.”

ChoMin nodded, turning to the familiar hallway that led to JeeWoon’s without-a-doubt messy room. As ChoMin rounded the corner, she noticed NakMin’s door wide open. From what she could see, the floor was covered in junk and old clothes and a bench press sat right across from the door. ‘Ooo, y! He probably works out a lot!’ And right next to the machine, ChoMin could see the foot of the bed with a foot sticking out from underneath the covers. Being the ever curious and nosy girl she was, she decided a small peek into one of her crushes’ room was too juicy to pass up. She tip-toed ever so quietly, getting nearer and nearer to the open room. She had her hands on the door frame, ready to peek in. ChoMin eyed the foot sticking out and traced it up the covered legs and onto a strong arm hanging limply from the bed.

            “Yah! Don’t you even dare you ert!” JeeWoon yelled from behind ChoMin, making the girl jump in surprise.

            “Jeeze! Can’t a girl take one measly peek at her future husband?” ChoMin teased, a hand on her chest as she felt her heart quicken at JeeWoon’s sudden appearance.

            “No you can’t,” JeeWoon said, her eyes narrowing suspiciously as she threw a bottled green tea at ChoMin. “I don’t even know why you find him so attractive, he’s weird.”

            “It’s the eyebrows my dear,” ChoMin stated confidently as she entered JeeWoon’s messy room. JeeWoon rolled her eyes, following ChoMin. The older girl twisted the top of her bottle open and took a sip from it.

            “So what did you want to tell me?”

ChoMin instantly brightened up. “I have a date tomorrow with a Xiah-look-a-like!!!” ChoMin squealed, jumping up and down.

           “Are you for real?!” JeeWoon squealed back, jumping with ChoMin in a circle. ChoMin nodded her head yes. Sure it was a bit of a lie, seeing as the look-a-like was the real Xiah. “Girl! You better take as much photos as possible, you hear me!” JeeWoon stopped jumping up and down with ChoMin and plopped on her bed, hugging a pillow. “So how’d you guy’s meet?”

            “Uh, we met near my cousin’s place,” ChoMin said quickly, totally caught off-guard with her question.

            “Well, maybe I should drop by sometime so I can catch me a U-know look-a-like myself.”

            “JeeWoon! ChoMin! NakMin! Appa’s here, come get lunch!” JeeWoon’s mother yelled.

            “Yeh Umma!” JeeWoon stood from the bed, “C’mon, you haven’t met my appa yet.”

ChoMin followed JeeWoon to the dinning area where she saw Mrs. Sohn rush between the kitchen and the table, bringing plates of food and a very stout and tan man sitting at the head of the table, eating away. ‘Wow, are JeeWoon and NakMin adopted or something? They look nothing like their parents!’ ChoMin thought, surprised at the little resemblance between her friend’s family. While both JeeWoon and NakMin were tall and slender, their parents were stout. It shocked her, seeing as she and JiHye looked very similar to YunHo and to their own parents as well.

            “Hi Appa!”

            “Annyonghasaeyo, Ahjusshi,” ChoMin bowed at the man eating. JeeWoon’s dad nodded in acknowledgement before motioning them sit.

JeeWoon took the seat on her dad’s left, ChoMin sitting next to her. Mrs. Sohn came in, holding two steaming plates of food and placed it in front of JeeWoon and ChoMin with a smile. ChoMin bowed in thanks before taking a bite with her chopsticks. Whatever Mrs. Sohn made was delicious! Extra spicy, but delectable none the less. She stayed quiet for most of the meal, choosing to savor the taste of her food instead of partaking in conversation.

            “Where’s your brother JeeWoon-ah?” Mr. Sohn asked, taking a sip of his water.

JeeWoon shrugged, a bit of sauce smearing on her cheek as she gulped down the food. “He’s still asleep, that lazy bum,”

            “Aish! That boy! What is wrong with him?” Mr. Sohn said, shaking his head in disapproval.

            “Come now Mr. Sohn, you just got back from the restaurant. It’s your break; I’ll deal with NakMinnie later,” Mrs. Sohn said, taking a seat with her plate of food next to her husband.

            “You own a restaurant?” ChoMin asked, looking at JeeWoon in shock.

Mr. Sohn eyed the girl that sat next to his daughter. She looked so familiar to him, but he couldn’t exactly place where.

          “We own Nalgun Café, about a block from here,” Mr. Sohn replied, “Have you been at our restaurant before? I swear I’ve seen you there.”

ChoMin gulped, just her luck to go the restaurant that her friend owned. She began to sweat a little, the fear of being caught making her perspire. “A-Aniyo, I haven’t been there,” she lied.

            “But, I could have sworn you were there earlier this week. With those famous girly-boys?”

            “Ah Appa! Stop! You might be going senile,” JeeWoon shook her head in disbelief, “I remember that night. You told me to come back after my shift because of an emergency. And then you told me that Dong Bang Shin Ki was there! But they weren’t!”

ChoMin bit her lip in worry. Hopefully he wouldn’t press it anymore and they could continue eating before she had to drop off DBSK their lunch in an hour.

Photobucket

            “Aish! Stop tickling me! I’m not going to tell you!” JunSu screamed, full of laughter as he hid behind the couch to separate himself from his friends.

            “C’mon Su! Just tell us who’s your big date tomorrow and we’ll stop!” JaeJoong coaxed, slowly edging his way to JunSu with the intent of capturing him. “A celebrity? Oh, is it a model? Or a – Ani! A non-celebrity??”

            “Yeah! C’Mon hyung!” ChangMin piped, also edging his way to JunSu from the other side. “You’re supposed to tell us everything!”

            “Ani! Ani ANIII! It’s a secret!” JunSu smiled slyly, backing away towards the television and away from their grasps.

            “Gotcha!” YunHo screamed from behind JunSu, wrapping his arms around the latter in a bear hug, disabling his prey from moving. “Tell us Su!”

            “Ani!” JunSu yelled as he was brought down onto the floor in laughter. JaeJoong and ChangMin joined in on the fun and all four began wrestling on the floor, trying to make JunSu tell them who his secret date was.

            “Chunnie! Chunnie!” JunSu yelled in between his laughter from the floor as YunHo straddled him, ChangMin tickled him, and JaeJoong karate-chopped his stomach into submission. “Help me!”

            “You’re on your own man,” YooChun laughed from his place on the tall table, drinking his sprite. “You didn’t help me from those fangirls at the airport.”

The door suddenly opened to reveal a very sweaty and flushed-faced ChoMin juggling a plastic bag filled with soda, the big red lunchbox, and a carton-box filled with sweet bread and cakes.

            “Sorry I’m late!” ChoMin yelled, kicking the door close with her foot. “I stopped at the ba – kery…” ChoMin stared with a grin as the four men rolled around on the floor like little boys. She eyed the laughing YooChun at the corner with question, but he just shrugged and continued smiling as the boys continued wrestling.

Upon hearing her voice, the four on the floor immediately untangled themselves and popped up like popcorn. Yet JunSu was still on the floor, for YunHo still had him pinned down.

            “Hey it’s ChoMin-sshi!”

            “Yay! Food!”

            “ChoMinnie’s here!”

            “ChoMin-ah…help me…”

ChangMin and YunHo, who finally got off of JunSu, both walked towards ChoMin and helped her with the food. ChangMin peeked happily into the box of sweets and snuck a donut, munching on it as he followed behind YunHo. JaeJoong stayed behind the couch, unsure if it was alright to go and greet ChoMin. Though it had been a few days since her awkward confession, both ChoMin and JaeJoong still did not have the guts to talk to each other aside from the occasional "hellos" and "goodbyes". JunSu walked happily towards the girl, straightening out his shirt that had wrinkled during their wrestling match. He greeted her warmly with a huge innocent smile on his cute face.

YooChun watched the two from his seat on the table. He couldn’t help but frown while the two laughed at something JunSu probably had said. It wasn’t right... He cared deeply for ChoMin and well, JunSu will always be his JunSu. He hated the idea that their relationship will sink before it could even take off. He knew ChoMin still had feelings for JaeJoong, and he couldn’t really blame her for it. She was hurting. And of course she’ll cling to the guy who offers her love. And JunSu…too blinded by love to notice how ChoMin really felt. ‘I’ll have to talk to him.’

            “Yah, Kim JunSu!” YooChun yelled as he got up from his seat, forgetting about his opened soda can.

            “Muh?” JunSu asked with a smile. He sat on the big couch, chatting up ChoMin with his hand loosely around her shoulder. ChoMin appeared to be a bit shy, but visibly relaxed when JunSu lifted his arm from her shoulder.

YooChun motioned JunSu to follow him with his head as he walked towards the door. JunSu told ChoMin he’d be right back, and ran after YooChun who had already gone out. JunSu shut the door behind him and walked down the hallway where YooChun waited for him patiently. The other members were either too busy eating or in the bathroom to notice them both leaving the room.

            “So what’s up?” JunSu asked, putting both of his hands into his pockets. He looked up merrily at YooChun, a bit puzzled at YooChun’s serious exposition.

            “You have a date with ChoMinnie tomorrow, right?”

JunSu chuckled nervously at YooChun’s words. He blushed as he scratched the back of his head while they continued walking. “I guess she told you huh?”

            “JunSu-ah…” YooChun whispered loudly, halting in his steps. He bit his lip nervously at what he was going to say. He really didn’t want to be the one to tell JunSu that the girl he loved actually loved one of his best friends. JunSu noticed YooChun’s weird behavior and stopped dead on his tracks as well. YooChun took a deep breath and began, “JunSu-ah…I don’t think it’s a good idea to go out with ChoMinnie.”

JunSu stared at his friend with confusion in his eyes. Yet as he stood there, something in him clicked, his once happy expression turned sour. “Oh, I get it – you’re jealous! You’re actually jealous that ChoMinnie wants to spend time with me instead of you!”

YooChun stood there in shock, unable to believe what JunSu had just said to him. ‘Is he so blind?!’ YooChun took another deep breath to calm his nerves. Because if he hadn’t, he would sure as hell started screaming at his dense and blind best friend. It frustrated him that JunSu wouldn’t listen to a word he was saying. “I already told you Su, I do not like Jung ChoMin that way. It’s purely platonic. I just –” YooChun sighed as he tried to regain his nerves. “I just think it’s a bad idea, is all…”

JunSu sighed, letting go of his anger as he watched the pained expression on YooChun’s face unfurled.  He walked towards YooChun and placed his hands on his shoulder. JunSu stared at him straight in the eye, sadness imbedded in his sculpted face. “YooChun-ah…why can’t you just be happy for us?”

YooChun broke eye contact, afraid to look at JunSu’s sad face.

Just great, instead of protecting JunSu from harm, YooChun was inflicting him pain. There was nothing he could do to change JunSu’s mind. Once his mind was set, there was no way he’d change it. YooChun smiled at the stubborn trait his friend possessed and glanced back at JunSu’s expression. “Araso, if that’s what you want. I’ll be happy for you guys,” YooChun finally said with a smile.

JunSu’s face immediately brightened up; his eyes sparkled and his smile was contagious. JunSu lunged at YooChun, hugging him at his waist as he couldn’t control his happiness. YooChun hugged him back, afraid of letting his brown haired friend go. ‘JunSu is a grown man, he can handle him self,’ YooChun thought, trying to placate his restless mind. 

Photobucket

            “Going on your date now, Hyung?” ChangMin asked from his place on the bed. It was a beautiful Sunday morning, the first real break TVXQ had since coming back from Japan a week ago.

They were so busy with preparations for ‘O – Jung.Ban.Hap’, it was getting really hectic and tiring. JunSu buttoned up his blue-striped oxford shirt, leaving the first two buttons ed and covering up his slender stomach and the top of his Calvin Klein briefs that peeked over the edge of his rough-blue denim jeans. His hair was styled into a faux Mohawk and to top it off, he added thick-rimmed emo glasses to accentuate his iness. Dangling off his ears were cross earrings that he borrowed from JaeJoong’s decorated jewelry box. He looked at his reflection one last time before deeming himself perfect.

Whipping around, he eyed the man lounging on YunHo's bed. Witha  smirk, he attacked ChangMin, lifting up the youngest member’s shirt that revealed very well-toned tan abs.

            “What the hell!?” ChangMin yelled, pulling down his shirt and scrambling off YunHo’s bed, away from JunSu’s roaming hands.

            “Yah, Maknae. Can you go outside without your shirt to distract the fans?”

ChangMin stared at JunSu with wide eyes at what the latter asked of him. Did JunSu put too much gel that it blocked the air from going into his brain? What he asked was just plain crazy! Not to mention suicidal. “Muh-yah? I’m not going to do that! Why should I risk my life and body for you?”

            “Aw, come on. Do your  hyung this ooooone itsy bitsy favor,” JunSu pleaded sweetly, “You don’t have to do much, just take out the trash…without a shirt!”

            “Ani.”

            “You jerk!” JunSu retorted, hitting ChangMin with a pillow, “Then I’m going to take pictures of you sleeping without clothes on and release it out on the internet!”(*)

            “Hyung!”

            “Come on! Please? Otherwise I can’t leave or else the saesangs(*) will follow me,” JunSu pleaded at the unwavering ChangMin. He needed ChangMin specifically to do this because ChangMin was the fastest runner…Just in case Cassiopeia might give a chase, which they probably would.

ChangMin sighed at his hyung’s request. 'Which was worse, seen without a shirt or seen completely ?' ChangMin shuddered at the two options. If he was going to risk his neck out with the fans, he was going to do it his way. “Araso,” ChangMin sighed, “But the shirt stays on and you owe me big time.”

            “Yes!” JunSu yelled in excitement, “C’mon, let’s go. I’m meeting her in a half an hour.” JunSu began walking towards the door, but was stopped by ChangMin’s hand. “Muh?”

            “Are you going to go out like that?” ChangMin eyed him from head to toe and smiled mischievously, “If you don’t want to be seen by our fans, you’re going to need to go incognito.”

  Photobucket  

Notes:

JunSu: “Then I’m going to take pictures of you sleeping without clothes on and release it out on the internet!” - I'm actually quoting what JunSu said in Dangerous Love Banjun Drama... I couldn't resist ;)
saesangs - stalker fans that camp outside of DBSK's apartment; they are always there and sadly, the members find them annoying.

Ahhh, I was going to include the whole ChoSu date, but... I felt the chapter was going to be too long. =/ Next week~~ I'll update again.But before I go, I want to thank each and everyone one of you readers! ^-^ I uploaded this early because....

INACAIS REACHED 10,000+ VIEWS!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!111!!one!!!!!!!!!!!1111!! =D

-throws confetti in the air-

As you can see, I'm super overjoyed at this~ hahah now my next goal.... 50,000 views =0 Hope I can make it~

Until Next time!

~Asian_Innocence

Photobucket