end of a love

Rynia: book one

 

I entered the family room that was filled with conversations from my uncle Falimos and aunt Deatra and my parents and grandparents. Unfortunately it was also filled with the whines of my cousin Corlisia.

Actually to be honest it was more of my uncle and aunt complaining to my grandfather and parents about the whole marriage arrangement.

“Corlisia was only an option for being Ji-yong’s fiancé” yelled my Grandfather trying to maintain this madness.

“I understand that Lord Kwon, but Corlisia was looking forward to the moment when it was settled” defended Falimos.

I wanted to leave that room so badly. I couldn’t take this argument any longer. I felt as if I am going to explode.

Seung was of course by the window looking outside. What is he thinking? I want to know. For some reason whenever he stares off like that I can’t help but look. He is truly handsome.

“I-I wanted to marry Ji-yong!” cried Corlisia

“He was mine first”

She glared over at Seung. He glanced at her annoyed.

“You don’t deserve him, you don’t know him”

He glanced back over to the window, ignoring the babble that was spewing from . It wasn’t that Corlisia is a bad person and all its just; she is very beautiful and kind hearted when she wants to be.

A maid arrived with some tea, which kind of eased the moment and I was a bit hungry. I brought Seung his glass. It gave me a reason to talk to him. He was still angry with me from the whole incident.

“Here” I gently said handing him the cup. He turned around a bit alarmed, I think I scared him a bit. He took the cup from my hand. And started to sip from it. I couldn’t help but stare at his lips as he sipped from the cup.

“What are you looking at?” He asked with a furious tone.

“Nuh-noting”

“Get away from him you fiend!” Corlisia screamed

She stomped her was to Seung with her hand raised ready to slap him. Before she could lower her hand I blocked it from hitting Seung’s face, and instead she mine. She lowered her hand with a sympathetic and surprised look. Everyone had stopped talking to observe what had happen.

“Enough is enough Corlisia” I finally said.

She got on her hands and knees with tears descending down her cheeks.

“W-why?”

I bent down to be leveled with her and embraced her tightly, it was the least I could do.

“I am sorry, but I cannot marry you. It is just not meant to be. Hopefully one day you will find someone who loves you as much as you love me.”

I reached my hand out to wipe up her tears “when you cry it messes up your pretty face” she sniffed and smiled. Then hugged me one last time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was time for my uncle and aunt and Corlisia and Vanric to leave. I was relived and happy to get that whole thing situated.

Corlisia came up to me before leaving back to Romania she picked up my hand and placed to her cheek.

“I still love you and I always will, but thank you” She smiled at me and ran off.

They all bowed and left back to their home.

Now that their gone I can get back to my plan of seducing Seung. I eyeballed him until he notice me.

“What?” he said

“Are you still mad at me” I asked

He sighed I will forgive you this time, you could tell that it hurt him to say that.

“Why were you mad in the first place anyway?” I asked hoping to get a answer.

“Because you ruined my pride” 

 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I went to my Grandfather’s study that night because I really had nothing else better to do. And also I loved it in there.

“Grandfather why it that you chose Seung and not Corlisia” I asked while is reading a book.

My grandfather was busy filling out paper work. And was engulfed in it. He put down his pen and took off his reading glasses to rub his eyes.

“Because I believe he is good for you-now leave so I can do my work”

 I stood up and left the room silently with my book still in my hand. I went to my room and laid on top of my couch and continued to read.

I was happy that my grandfather chose Seung even though the feeling may not be mutual.

 

AN: again I am sorry that this chapter is a bit short I apologize deeply, I will surly make the next chapter long :) please enjoy!