The reason

Rynia: book one

 

“Hello?” I said curiously through the phone. “Ah Vanric how are…” I was interrupted by his insistence.

“Listen Ji, Seung-hyun is coming to visit and stay with me in Romania”

“What?” My heart stopped.

“Come this weekend” he said with a happy tone. “I am not going to tell him that you’re coming”

“Okay” I said.

We talked for little after. Then when we hung up I went to my closet to pack. I broke it off with Taeyang, but he refused to let me go. Lucky he had to go back to France for work. I made it obvious as possible that him and I were through. I could only hope that he will understand.

I finally get to see Seung-hyun again.

//////

“Sir Rynia we would like to you to Romania” My bodyguards insisted.

“Indeed you may” Although I am older people still seek for my death. I few attacks have happened since that awful day ten years ago. Them mostly being born-agains and only a few purebloods, But they were all related to Hyo in some way. One actually got close enough to press and knife against my throat. It was his sister. I remember her angry face with a hint of sadness. I don’t blame for wanting to kill me, but happened was my bodyguard was right out the door. He tackled her before she could strike. As a result for trying to kill the Rynia I beheaded her. I drank the blood, became more powerful.

When I arrived at the air port I took my private plane. The same one I rode in with Seung-hyun to France.

I road in this plane so much now that it was no longer fascinating to me. Every time I ride in this plane I can’t help but to remember the time.

Tears rolled down my face, not sad ones but happy ones. For the past ten years I have wanted nothing more than to see my Seung-hyun again.

My heart bounded nonstop and fast. I must find out the reason on why he left me for ten years.

“Sir here you go” I was handed my coffee.

“Thank you” I said taking the hot steamy cup and putting it on the table right next to me.

We had taken off and it has been four hours. I just kept my eyes over the tiny ant looking countries and cities below me.

Ever since my Grandpa had died my Mother, Father and Grandmother have been living in Romania with Vanric and Corlisia.

So this will also give me a great reason to see them as well and that kid Daesung whom I never seen in my life.

But he is my god-son and I am his uncle. I feel guilty for not seeing him sooner. I giggled to myself vampire kids grow up fast and since he is a born again he will grow even faster.

/////

“We are landing in Romania Lord Rynia” The intercom disrupted my concentration. Vanric lives in a estate that is as big as mine, and is about Three hours away from the airport and that not counting the traffic if any.

There was a long purple limo with a rose on the hood and on each of the doors. “Just for me?” I said to myself grinning.

The limo had drinks and snacks with a small television in it. My bodyguards were in a car behind me. Kpop music played on the radio. I enjoyed the non-silence for now.

It will be a long car ride, But then again I am a vampire so I have all the time I need, but as for the time I have with Seung-hyun is limited and will not be forever.

I have gotten whatever I have wanted growing up, you could say I was eating off a silver spoon.

But the thing I want most in the world, will not come to me so easily.

/////

We past the estate entrance. Modernized gate with a pass code to enter. Unlike mine which a gate keeper keeps a close eye on.

My driver picked up his cell phone a ringed a number, I have no clue whose though.

“Yes! I have brought The Rynia safe in sound” He said in his old crackled voice. He hung up and continued to look on ahead. It must have been one of the butlers at the estate.

We pulled around the lot to see Vanric patiently waiting for the car to park. As it parked he quickly opened the door.

“He is here” He jumped.  

He pulled me out of the car and dragged me to the front door. Before entering he looked at me in the eyes. “Are you ready Ji?”

I smiled “yes”

He slowly opened the door, “Your also here to see my son right?”

“And my parents” I laughed. He smiled back at me a led me into the big family room. I could hear his voice.

His sweet deep voice.

“Wait here okay” He asked. “until I call you in”

First walked in Daesung. “What was it dear?” I could tell that was Corlisia’s voice. My mother began to talk as well.

It was nice to hear my mothers voice.

“Come in” Vanric demanded.

I slowly walked in to see everyone looking at me surprised.

“Hello everyone” I said with a smile.

“Oh my baby!” My mother yelled walking up to hug me.

“Ji! How are you? Long time no see” Corlisia’s asked.

I looked over a Seung-hyun who was sitting, not even surprised to see me. I walked over to him and raised my hand.

*slap*

His face jolted to the right. I was angry with him,

“I-I am sorr…No I am not sorry” I said “I am no longer the naïve boy ten years ago”

I clenched my hand. “Shall we leave and give them some time” Vanric suggested.

“Love is a hard thing” My grandmother said as she walked out.

I closed my eyes and we sat there in silence.

“Why Seung-hyun? – why would you leave me alone?” I finally said. He sighed and sat back in his chair.

“Why wont you talk to me!” I yelled. He continued to be silent. I grabbed his shirt and started to bawl.

“please-please say something, Give me a reason” I begged. I hugged him. “I love you, so much please”

I felt hands wrap around my back squeezing me. “I- I am sorry” He said his face was laying on my chest with his eyes buried in my shirt.

I picked up his face, He doesn’t look different. That’s good I didn’t miss anything. I kissed him ten years worth. I was by far the longest kiss I have ever had.

He continued to hold me tight.

As his tongue played in my mouth I felt happy.  We detached our lips.

“Ji- Please forgive me” He asked.

“Of course” I replied.

“The reason I left was because Hyo was…My biological Father”        

 

AN: Have to admit this chapter is a bit jumpy and right to the point! ;P in any case please enjoy! ( I had to wirte this pretty fast Sorry! :P hehe)