False Persona

Rynia: book one

 

Seung-hyun stood up and walked in front of me and kneeled down on one knee and took my hand that was on my lap and kissed it.

“Hello Dear Rynia” He said with the most caring smile on his face.

I could feel myself blushing and smiling. He was charming! I couldn’t help but to smile. He was seriously attractive too. If I did have to marry someone I’m glad it is him.

But then again he is my blood cousin and none the less he is a guy. I was hoping to marry a pretty girl of something.

I stared at Seung-hyun with my blushed face and he laughed.

“So cute! And you smell of a pure rose” his smile had its own gravitational pull. 

My grandfather stood up and said

“Well lets give them some time alone together”

Everyone stood up and left the room. I was all alone with him , I was nervous for some reason.

I heard the door click shut. Seung-hyun stood up and walked back over to the window. It was silent for quite some time.

“You know I don’t see you as a Rynia” He finally said

“w-what why?” I asked surprised at the fact that he said that.

He turned around and walked back to the chair where I was sitting.

“Because I see you not as a Rynia but only has my cousin and…” His smile wasn’t there anymore it was just a evil looking smirk.

He laughed “and now...As my fiancé”

“I do not like you” he added “But since you were born I was your fiancé our futures were pre ordained. Ha! My looks say twenty five, but my experiences say one hundred. How do you think I feel to be engaged to a fifteen year old? I remember holding you as a baby.”

“But my grandfather said “in this world age is irrelevant to all...” He cut me off before I could finish.

He walked up to me and grabbed my hands.

“When there is love…But I do not love you” He leaned in towards me and whispered in my ear.

“You do have a pure scent of roses..too bad I hate roses”

He let go of my hands.

“Ha..Haha” I laughed I grabbed his hand and went to his ear.

“Then stay away from the garden” I let go of his hand and left the room.

That stupid jerk! I have to marry that! That was quite a show he put on in front of grandpa and mom and dad.

Pre Ordained huh?

To actually think I liked him for a second. I walked around the house in search for my parents and grandparents. To tell them I cannot marry him.

I heard laughing coming from the parlor again. Did they come back? I walked in to see them laughing and drinking tea.

“Ah! There you are Ji-yong” smiled my grandfather.

I felt a hand wrap around my neck.

“There you are... “ Seung-hyun smiled it looked convincing but now that I know the true him and can tell it was fake.

“Did you get to know each other?” asked my father

Seung-hyun unwrapped his arm from around my neck and grabbed my hand.

“Yes! We did I feel like we are perfect for each other” 

I looked up at him with confused eyes. What the hell!? A moment ago he was telling me that he didn’t love me. And did see me as a Rynia.

“Well that’s good! I am glad our son was lucky to be chosen for your mate Rynia” smiled Mr. Choi

Still confused I decided to play along and smiled at him.

“Yes Seung-hyun is quite the character” I said implying about his true character.

I guess he sensed that I was talking about his true character and not his false persona because he gave my hand a tight squeeze.

“Ah!” I squealed

Everyone stared at me.

“H-hello” I smiled waving

I heard Seung-hyun laugh under his breath. Okay so we are going to play that game huh? I looked around to see if I could find anything to get him back with. But all I there was in this parlor was books and a billiards table no one uses.

Then one of the maids handed me a cup of tea.

“Thank you” I said taking the cup.

I lifted it up pretending to take a sip and waited till everyone wasn’t looking at me. And then

*splash*

I had poured my cup of tea all over Seung-hyun. His face was hilarious. When everyone looked at me I played the innocent.

“Oh!-I am so sorry! Seung-hyun” I was handed a rag and started to wipe off his face and shirt.

“Oh my! What had happened” asked my grandfather

I put on my innocent face.

“My hand had slipped” I said still wiping his face.

“Ji-yong he needs a change of clothes how about you take him to your room and leaned him a pair of your clothes” Suggested my father.

“Yeah Ji-yong sweetie” Seung-hyun grabbed my hand and squeezed it even harder. He was angry.

“Of course Honey” I said tiring not to show fear.

We held hands until we left the room. When the door clicked shut. I unhooked my hand from his and started to run down the hallway.

I ran all the way to my room. Shut and locked the door.

“You idiot!” Seung-hyun said.

He was in my room. I was sure he wasn’t following me.

“We are vampires not humans we run hundred times faster”

It was dark and I couldn’t see anything except his red eyes. I searched for my light switch on the wall. It took a few seconds but eventually if found it. I switched them on. He was right in front of my face. He grabbed my arms and pinned them to the wall.

He was strong! I couldn’t loosen his grip.

“Are you scared?” he asked

“no!” I said.

He laughed a evil laugh.

He let go of my hands. He left a mark on my wrists.

“I will make you fall in love with me” I yelled.

He looked at me. His red eyes weren’t scary to me. What were scary were his sharp fangs. I mean I have fangs too, but it looks like his is really sharp.

He walked up to me once more before he left. He placed his finger on my chin and kissed me. Tongue and all. It was short but in that short time I lost all energy.

He left the room and before he shut the door he said.

“You can try”

 

AN: Apologies that the chapters are short lately. I am doing this on my free time which is very little because of the holidays and Life. But please enjoy! And wait for chapter six!!!!!!