Cousins

Rynia: book one

"Married!?-are you crazy grandfather." I yelled I admit it did sound a bit harsh.

I looked at my parents whom still had their heads down.
"mother?...father?" I said
They looked up at me.
" son there is nothing we can do about it." my father said with the most serious face.
I stood up and walked to the front of the desk.
" Grandfather I have had everything chosen and decided for me since birth-you could at least let me choose who I am to marry" 
My Grandfather laughed like he was amused of my stupidity. He stood up and walked past his desk and to where he was upfront of me. He was tall and smelled like a cinnamon and cigar. At times he scares me like now. His blood eyes looked down on me. He had a angry yet caring face on.
"Ji-yong you are a Rynia vampire not a "born again" and not just a "pure blood"  it is crucial that you marry someone I decide for you, you can't just marry any person you choose"
I looked down at my feet mad..sad. I went up to my Grandmother.
"Grandmother please..please talk some sense into him" 
She grabbed my chin and lifted up. She had a sympathetic face on.
"Ji-yong you have beautiful purple eyes they glow." she paused for while.
"Ji-yong we love you so much, your Grandfather is right your a Rynia the most important among us, it is very crucial on who you marry" 
She kissed me on the forehead and let go of my chin. She was truly beautiful and claiming I can see why Grandfather married her.
"in fact Ji-yong it is so crucial that your marrying you cousin Choi Seung-hyun he is a pure blood and has years of experience" My Grandfather added. 
Who's Choi Seung-hyun? I thought. I left the office without I Grandfathers consent. I was angry. Everything!...everything was decided for me since birth.i went back to my room..my happy place the only place on earth I am actually allowed to be.
I thought about the whole mess. Marriage..a life long partner and on that note a man..a man!. 
I walked down the long hall. Looking for my grandfather, he wasn't in his office nor the garden. Wait the parlor. That's  where they always go at night. To smoke and talk also to play chess. 
I opened the door.
"Grandfather! He is a man!- I have to marry a man?" 
He laughed "yes boy!- he is a pure blood. all your cousins are boys-since I made your father and mother marry all that I had left was my youngest son and daughter, but they married other people..born. so they were able to have children, just all boys. I chose Seung-hyun because he is the oldest out of all of them he is a 100 I believe" 
"but grandfather I am only 15" 
He put out his cigar he had in his hand a put it back in to the box. 
" In this world age is irrelevant to all" he said.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I always spend my nights in the parlor since we don't sleep. The moon was full and the birds were asleep. It was silent. I gazed though the selections of books on the shelves, we have bookS dated back to 1890. 
We have electronics but they are rarely used.
I grabbed a blood pill and popped it in my mouth and drank water. 
Mmm..it tasted good.
 But I could still tell it wasn't real. I have only had real blood once because of a human intruder. I was granted  a taste of real blood. It was also my first kill.
I could remember it like it was yesterday even though it was three years ago.
Since then I have craved to regain that taste.
It wasn't before long it was light out again. The windows curtains automatically closed after a certain time. Then it would be dark. The maids would go around lighting candles and turning on lamps. 
"your breakfast lord Rynia" one of the maid stumbled in carrying a sliver platter with blood pills and glass of water. 
" thank you" I said 
She put the platter on the small table right next to me and left the room. She was a born again. Her scent tells everything.
This time I dropped the pill in the water and what was clear transparent water was now over powerful with red.
I lifted up the wine glass with gold and put it up to my lips. And sipped I didn't drink it all right away like I usually would, just little by little.
I wonder what this Choi Seung-hyun is like?
He is my cousin but I have never seen him in my life..Grandfather told me before that I had cousins,But they all lived in Romania.
I finished the last bit of blood in my wine glass. The remaining bit of blood slipped down the glass collecting at the bottom forming one last sip. But I didn't want to drink it. 
My parents left this morning for a business trip to Sweden so they weren't home. My Grandfather and Grandmother also left.
We can go into light,but we don't if there is no need. We keep curtains on the windows because it comfortable that way. Only when we have human guest do we let light in.
It was just me and the help in this huge house. But i liked being alone. It let me rest from having to do things all the time. 
The only thing is, is that my Grandparents and parents are super over protective with me and have guards watching me 24/7 there up in the trees, in the hallways. Everywhere.
So technically I am not alone. When they are gone I am not allowed to leave the house. Just watch as human do there everyday thing from inside.