Management

All Or Nothing

There were only five other moments in his life when Leeteuk had been as nervous as he was right now. When he auditioned for SM Entertainment, when he met Kangin, the first time he performed on stage with Super Junior, the first time he and Kangin made love and finally, when he was waiting to find out if he was pregnant or not. This present moment however was probably one of the most nerve raking experiences of his life though. How would management react to this...? Very poorly he suspected. This was SM Entertainment after all. They weren't exactly known for their kindness towards their employees.

Leeteuk's foot bounced up and down as he sat anxiously in the car that was to take them to the main building. He was practically hyperventilating he was so nervous right now. They were going to fire him for this, he was sure of it. What would be worse than that would be if they fired Kangin too...that would leave both of them without a job and an unborn child. What would they do then? Would everything still be okay? Would they be able to afford what they needed?

"Babe...you need to calm down okay? Stress if not good for you under normal circumstances...given your 'condition' it's even more important that you relax." Kangin said as he wrapped an arm around Leeteuk. He placed a soft kiss on the side of his lovers head and held him close. "It's going to be okay. I promise."

"You don't know that though! How could you possibly know if they are going to fire us or not?" Leeteuk said in a shaky voice. Already he was on the brink of tears.

"Okay, so I don't know that part. But I do know that it will be okay. Regardless of what happens with management I am going to take care of you." Kangin said.

That answer was more than enough to ease Leeteuk's racing thoughts. No matter what SM did, they would at least have eachother. Finally, Leeteuk allowed his body to relax as he rested his head against Kangin's shoulder. It was moments like these that he was glad that they had a driver whenever they were going to the SM building. Cuddling with his lover would be a lot more difficult if one of them was driving. Although Leeteuk wasn't even allowed to drive anymore. Seeing as how he was a terrible driver, Kangin had recently taken his license from him. He was apparently afraid of him getting into an accident and injuring not only himself but their child.

So consumed in his thoughts, Leeteuk hardly even noticed when they had arrived at the SM building. It was only when Kangin nudged his arm gently that he realized where they were. Leeteuk took a in a deep breath and let it out slowly. With a soft kiss to the side of his lovers head, Kangin helped the other out of the car and into the building.

For a couple of minutes, they sat in the waiting room, anxiety was threatening to take over once again. All Leeteuk wanted to do was hold his boyfriends hand but he knew he couldn't. Not with all these people here. As it stood, only the higher ups and the people who needed to know were aware of their true relationship. Though that was all going to change soon. When they revealed this news, everything would be different. No longer were they able to hide their relationship...

Eventually, the couple were called into the main office, where all the most important people in the SM company were waiting for them. After glancing around to make sure no one was there, Kangin leaned down and kissed Leeteuk deeply.

"It's going to be okay. We're in this together Angel." Kangin said, starring into his lovers eyes intently.

Then, a buzzer sounded from the small speaker outside the door, signaling that it was alright to enter. The couple walked in and took their seats in the two chairs set out for them on the opposite side of the table from the higher-ups.

"Alright, so what is it you two wanted to tell us?" The imfamous Lee Soo Man asked.

The two lovers exchanged a look, trying to decide who would be the one to tell them. Leeteuk decided in his mind that he would be the one to tell them, but before he could even open his mouth to speak, Kangin started to explain the situation.

"Leeteuk is expecting our first child." Kangin said simply. Short, sweet and to the point.

After a brief few moments of silence, Lee Soo Man spoke again.

"Was this planned?" He asked.

"No, it was an accident." Leeteuk said softly, somehow managing to keep eye contact with the intimidating man before him.

Another moment of silence. Lee Soo Man seemed to be deliberating the couples fate. Would they be fired? Leeteuk was practically praying that wouldn't happen. He couldn't afford to be without a job, and he needed the rest of Super Junior to support him. They were like family to him and he needed him there.

"And how far along are you?" Soo Man asked.

"14 weeks." Leeteuk responded, trying to rid his voice of the anxiety he was feeling.

"I suppose we will have to start giving you more time off then. I'm sure the fans will be excited...after all, Kangteuk is one of the major pairings. There is no point in keeping your relationship secret anymore. I will organize a press conference for later this week." Lee Soo Man said, already picking up the phone to arrange things for the conference. Before speaking, he looked at the couple who were starring blankly at him.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Go back to the dorm. I will contact you later." He said, motioning for them to leave.

The two lovers stood from their chairs and exited the room in pure shock. That had gone...really well! Much better than what they had originally expected. They both still had their jobs, and the company had even agreed to giving Leeteuk some time off so he could avoid stress. Lee Soo Man was usually known for his harsh and cruel way of running a business, but it seemed that he had a soft spot for anything that involved children. And honestly, both Leeteuk and Kangin were more grateful than anything right now. 

The couple left the building in complete silence, not wanting to show any extreme emotion while in the presence of strangers. The second they entered the vehicle and departed on their way home, Kangin wrapped his arms around Leeteuk tightly. 

"I told you it would be alright Teukie...everything is going to be okay." Kangin said, gently kissing the top of the smaller man's head. 

"I know...From here on out, things will be just a little bit simpler." Leeteuk said, smiling brightly  and he embraced his boyfriend. 
 

Upon arriving at the dorm, Kangin and Leeteuk were bombarded by questions practically the very second they stepped throught the threshold of the door.  

"What did they say?"

"You guys still have your jobs right?"

"Do I have kick Lee Soo Man's ? I will do it! Just let me know!"

"Are they giving you some time of Leeteuk hyung?"

"Do either of you know where the kimchi is? I can't find it..." 

Leeteuk simply smiled and shook his head at his band mates. They were...eccentric, if nothing else. And they cared, that much was apparent from the thousand questions they were asking. 

"Long story short, we didn't get fired. Leeteuk is going to be getting some time off for sure, and the company is arranging a press confrence to announce everything in the next few days." Kangin said. Leave it to him to sum up a huge conversation into only a few sentences. 

"...Well, looks like that boss of ours gets to live another day. It's kind of a pity, I was looking forward to giving him a piece of my mind..." Heechul said. 

"And by 'a piece of your mind' you mean you would have sent me in there to beat him up while you ed him out."  Han Geng said with a small chuckle.

"Exactly! I wouldn't want to ruin my nails or anything!" Heechul said, with a seriousness only he could pull off. "This is why I keep you around Hannie, you understand me." 

"You guys are so strange..." Leeteuk said with a smile. Suddenly, his stomach growled loudly, causing everyone to look at him. "Ummm...I guess we should go eat lunch now huh?" 

With that, the group ventured to the kitchen. For the first time in a long time, things were more or less back to normal. As normal as it could get for them anyways. This sense of normalcy was something they had all been craving in one way or another, and so, they were going to do their best to enjoy it for as long as they could. Knowing how things usually worked for them, something would disturpt this more calm routine in due time. 

 

 

 

________

Authors Note: Sorry this took so long guys! Stuff has been going on lately...I will try to write more often! D: