three || our story

친구! (Chingu!)

 

When Changmin was completely out, Yunho, suddenly reluctant, followed him. He seemed to have something to say to me so he paused for a while staring at me before he turned to the door. When I felt quite sure that they both had left I turned away from the door and faced the piano once again. Memories of me being a TVXQ fangirl came back to me.

 

I played the first song I was able to write for TVXQ. It was a song of gratitude for the warm relationship of the their members with one another that they exemplified to their fans, to me. It was a song also of hope that they would continue to grow and stay that way no matter what comes. Lastly, it was also a song of declaration of my desire to be their friend that if they need someone outside of them to be there for them, I will be there.

When I finished playing and singing the song, I heard someone clap from the door, again. I recognized his voice when he spoke, even before I got to raise my head to see him.

 

That was such a moving song. It made me feel like if I am in a grave situation now I would turn to the person singing for she will speak to me about the beauty of the past and the hope of seeing it again in the future.” Yunho was standing at the door as if he was accidentally pressed between it.

 

I looked at him. My face was expressionless.

 

I’m sorry if I seemed to have intruded.”

 

No, not really. It’s okay. Though I never intended for only you to hear this song.”

 

I’m sorry.”

 

No, please don’t be sorry. You see...how do I say this? I wrote that song for you, I mean, DBSK, for the five of you. I wanted to have the five of you hear it together. I’m sorry for blurting it out like that. I didn’t mean to—”

 

It was for us.” If I heard it right, that wasn’t a question. “Thank you. It is very beautiful. I’m sorry.”

 

You don’t have to say sorry. Hahaha. I should leave now. Thank you for finding it beautiful.”

 

Thank you, too. I’ll go ahead first then.”

 

Okay. Bye.”

 

Bye.”

 

With that, and with a small smile on his serious face, Yunho left. I turned to get my things then while still humming the song.

 

Little did I know that Yunho stayed outside the door still listening to my humming of the song. He was trying to remember the lyrics of my song for them. He left only a while before I stepped out of the room. I didn’t notice him for I quickly turned to the opposite direction to leave.