two || why?

친구! (Chingu!)

 

Before Changmin could answer, the head of the other member of TVXQ appeared on our door.

Ya, Changmin. What is taking you so long here?” Yes, it was Yunho. It seemed only after he spoke that he realized that Changmin wasn’t alone in the room. “Oh, hello everyone! Is Changmin disturbing you?”

 

All the juniors, except me answered immediately, “Annyeonghaseyo Yunho sunbaenim!”

 

Neh, annyeonghaseyo. What is happening here?”

 

Changmin, who’s back was on him simply gestured his hand towards Yunho, “Hyung, keep quiet for a while. Hear them sing our song. It was amazing.” He then turned to me, “Can you sing it again?”

 

O-okay,” I nodded at him then started to play the piano. I began playing the chorus and looked around trying to convince with my eyes the younger ones to sing with me. Unexpectedly, Changmin began to sing with me. Only he did. And that was enough to trigger all the shy bones in me. Changmin may not be my bias in TVXQ but he’s still TVXQ. I was a fan. As we continued my eyes were glued on the keyboard. Never did I look at Changmin. I ended it as soon as I can.

 

Yunho was first to speak, “Whoa, that was good. Interesting version of our song.”

 

What did I tell you hyung? It was good right? I even got to harmonize with her. Haha.”

 

I’m sorry but what group are you part of?” Yunho now asked me.

 

Oh. I’m Raya from ShijieShou."

 

I saw surprise, or was that shock, register on Yunho’s face. “Really? That’s why I thought you sound familiar. I like your music. Your songs remind me of...someone.”

 

Hyung, you are a fan of their group right?” Changmin poked him.

 

Aren’t you, too?”

 

Oh... yeah, that's right.” He slightly turned to me with his right hand scratching his head. “Actually, when we heard that the company is launching a band we were very curious about it and we really anticipated your songs. You were really good,” Changmin added with a smile matching his narrowing mismatched eyes.

 

Is that true? Thank you very much. I’ll definitely tell my fellow members about this.”

 

It’s nothing. Hey, keep doing well,” Yunho said.

 

Yes, thank you very much.”

 

Everybody, all wearing smiles, then turned to take leave for soon it was time for each one’s training or rehearsal. Yunho and Changmin were the last ones to leave.

 

Raya-ssi, will you be waiting here for your bandmates?” Yunho asked me.

 

Oh no. We are already done practicing today. My bandmates left already. I just stayed behind to play some more for fun,” I explained. “Those juniors has just arrived for their practice, but it seemed they arrived early and so we jammed for a while.”

 

Your bandmates left you alone?” Changmin, for another question.

 

Haru, our leader, is having dinner with his mom. While Jine, our bassist, is, well, I think he needs to have his time alone to give his family a call or something like that. We’ve been a bit busy...” I explained again.

 

I see. What about you? Ah, if you don’t mind me asking, your bandmates are guys and you are a female. Do you live in your family’s house instead of being in one apartment with them?”

 

Oh, that. You see my family is not here. I am a Filipina and so they are there in the Philippines. I have relatives here but they live outside Seoul so I can’t really stay in with them while working. I stay in the same apartment with my bandmates but its fine because I have my own room and shower room.”

 

Great, but weird still,” then Changmin chuckled at his own comment.

 

Silence.

 

“Okay. So, thank you again for appreciating my music a while ago. I will continue to make music, with my members, that will also be appreciated by even more people.”

 

“That would be great. We will go ahead now. Bye!” Yunho waved at me while pushing Changmin out of the room.

 

Bye!”

 

When Changmin was completely out, Yunho, suddenly reluctant, followed him. He seemed to have something to say to me so he paused for a while staring at me before he turned to the door. When I felt quite sure that they both had left I turned away from the door and faced the piano once again. Memories of me being a TVXQ fangirl came back to me.