Twists & Tales-Part 1

Secrets Of Happiness

 

Siwon was walking on nearly empty street of Andong looking through the various shops..It was late afternoon so there was some time left till the city rush to  start.He was enjoying the quietness that surrounded the whole place .It has been two days since Siwon has arrived in this city and he was already in love with it.The pristine beauty and the peaceful atmosphere of the place was breath taking.

As born and brought up in metropolis like Seoul Siwon has always missed the beauty of silence.It brought himpeace. He himself was man of few words, speaking when and only necessary. At 26 he was a smart,handsome man with a great job ..He was working in a advertising agency.He loved his job,he loved the challenges it brought to him  understanding the clients, the product or service to be sold bringing out something innovative, catchy every time to attract the targeted audiences, the deadlines ..Siwon loved the adrenaline rush it brought to him…he felt alive.

But… there always has to be but somewhere..Amidst of all this chaos he felt lonely..incomplete. The feeling of something is missing constantly kept nagging him whenever he is idle or sitting alone at his home. So he would drown himself to work ,surround himself with people.

But sometimes the urge of finding that missing part of the  puzzle would overtake him and he would leave behind all his chaotic life and set on mission to find out the answers.In past few years he has been to many places looking for…whatever he thought he was looking for.So here he was walking though the street.

“I must be going crazy”..Siwon thought while walking “All I know that I am looking for something…How the hell am I going to find it if I don’t know that something is…Aishhh..”.He stopped in his track when he heard laughter and giggles. While looking  around for the source,he heard it again resulting in, him standing in front of a …Bookstore. ‘Twists and Tales’ the board read.

Siwon entered the store. The door slightly tinkled announcing a visitor. It was all quiet now, except for a single soft voice.. but he could not see anyone… just the racks of books. It looked like a story session was in progress as the storyteller was imitating voice of girl..a princess. Siwon moved further to take a look.

”Ha ha ha..Did you think I forgot about you” he heard storyteller say in a voice which Siwon thought would be the villain of the story followed by the  gasps of listeners. Walking behind one of the rack he finally reached where he could see the whole scene. There sat on middle of the floor a group of 10-12 children age between 4-7 in semi-circle.. eyes wide, mouth hanged opened slightly, in astonishment.. listening intently. Smiling softly siwon moved his gaze to the storyteller who was back being a princess...