Confidence

What Would Have Been

Prompt 108: Confidence


Definition

Noun
1. Full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing. 
2. Belief in oneself and one's powers or abilities; self-confidence; self-reliance; assurance.
3. Certitude; assurance.
4. A confidential communication.
5. (especially in European politics) the wish to retain an incumbent government in office, as shown by a vote in a particular issue. 


The first hour of Minzy and Daehyun's wedding; 2021

 

Twenty-seven, Minzy's eyes were glowing to his beating heart.

Daehyun stood across the wedding aisle with the broadest grin on his face and the crinkles under his face deepening with every slow step she took. The curve of Minzy’s face shone blindly in the fairly mid-filled reception and Daehyun knew that he would be seeing that curve of her face, hopefully he thought, everyday of his life.

A slightly hungover Bom and Himchan had arrived there promptly, Bom in her couture designed bridesmaid dress- as Papa YG has taught them the need for high fashion, and Himchan in his tailor-made black suit that matched the rest of the groomsmen; Jongup, Youngjae and Yongguk all had similarly worn attire and smiling faces that contrasted with the lilac purple and cherry blossom pink couture dresses worn by Bom, Dara and CL.

Dara felt like she was the most nervous out of all of them, even though it was not her wedding to be worried about. But her mother instincts kicked in and she needed to breathe in and out really slowly before she could think clearly again.

She contemplated that it was the alcohol consumption from last night that had affected her anxiety levels, however she could not shake of the fact that their maknae; 2NE1's maknae was getting married first. She was not anxious only because she was older than her; it was because she had always viewed Minzy as the mature strong one of the group and she could not believe that she was growing up so, so fast. 

Minzy had told her beforehand that she had the inner strength while Bom had the outer strength and CL with the overall leadership strength. Dara exhaled agitatedly and Bom noticed how bipolar she was acting again. "What's wrong?" she asked stolidly. "Need to take a breather or a paper bag?

"Our maknae looks so ethereal and beautiful, aigoo- this moment is too precious to approach with a proper compsure," Dara breathed. Bom's eyebrows knitted together and she pursed her lips in thought to how she should respond to Dara's so-called mid-life crisis. "I think I might need that paper bag now."


Happy new year to the rest of the world!

Keep crack-shippin'. ;)