Bravado

What Would Have Been

 

Prompt 129: Bravado

 


Definition

Noun
A pretentious, saggering display of courage. 


Minzy and Daehyun's first meeting; December 2012; Melon Music Awards

 

A purple short haired figure was in Daehyun’s direct eye sight; Gong Minji, commonly known as Minzy the maknae from 2NE1 was sitting a few feet in front of Zelo, Daehyun and Youngjae. He wondered why he did not move to swap seats with the other three that were a bit closer to 2NE1, and he regretted not sleeping the night before. 

 

On top of his dark circles, now hidden by layers of concealer make-up and eyeliner, Daehyun hid behind his bravado when he temporarily swapped seats with Youngjae to get a better view of her

 

I can do this, I am a man, I can do this, my manhood depends on it, I can do- oh my god she's so pretty.

 

"Congratulations B.A.P!" the MC announced that B.A.P had just won rookie award and the members stood up one by one with smiling faces. Youngjae bowed to Minzy before Daehyun could and he scowled at Youngjae after they received their awards for potentially blocking him from his potential interaction with Minzy.

 

Post Melon Music Awards: Youngjae slung a lazy arm over Daehyun, "It's not like you're going to marry her or anything, next time why don't you just greet Minzy sunbaenim formally?" 

 

Daehyun fidgeted with his fingers, he wanted to greet her, he really did, but all the shyness inside of him seemed to build up as soon as he heard her sing and watched her perform.

 

"I'm hungry," he muttered as they piled into their van.  

 

Youngjae flicked him on the forehead and chuckled. "You're always hungry." 

 

Word count: 259


These last four drabbles all lead up to a special event in the future. :)

These fancams/clips of the MMA 2012 rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn69nMkhQm0 (Infinite and B.A.P's reaction to 2NE1's performance which begins at 7:25; Yongguk nodding to the whole song and you can also see that Sungyeol is really entranced during all CL's parts hehe, I'm a C-Yeol shipper since last year's Gayo Daejun fancams)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNhfCjdtScg ( 0:52; close up of Myungsoo/rest of Infinitemembers, 3:00; Yongguk's small smile when it was Minzy's part, Youngjae bopping around and Himchan's eyes are about to pop out of his sockets)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lPenPbaOA8 (bowing to each other from 1:49-2:04)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VZWGJTOZ_xI (When CL waves, Zelo waves back HAHA)

gif is not mine