Reputation

What Would Have Been

 

Prompt 136: Reputation


Definition

Noun
1. The estimation in which a person or thing is held, especially by the community or the public generally; repute.
2. Favorable repute; good name.
3. A favorable and publicly recognized name or standing for merit, achievement, reliability, etc.
4/ The estimation or name of being, having, having done, etc., something specified. 


Backstage at Strong Heart with special guests B.A.P; 2013

 

“Youngjae-goon,” Sunhwa smoothed out her bangs and quickly glanced at the young hoobae before her, "this is going to sound extremely cliche but if there's one thing I know about cliches is that they are an effective way of communication." 

 

Youngjae looked back at her skeptically before contorting his face nervously. Every word he heard out of Sunhwa's mouth seemed rehearsed and it bothered him sometimes. Well, most of the time. Sunhwa and Youngjae had always had this sibling bond; he admired her, but she also mentally frustrated him, sort of like an older sister would.

 

"Avoid any personal questions- oh but if you do get them- just think before replying and try to make it seem sappy and so they will empathise with you. And remember dearie, you've got a reputation to maintain. Just do as I've taught you and you'll be the star of the show." Youngjae nodded and thanked his sunbae as she gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "That's my boy."

 

Word count: 167


 

I feel like...