Insipid

What Would Have Been

Prompt 86: Insipid 


Definition

Adjective
1. Without distinctive, interesting, or stimulating qualities; vapid.
2. Without sufficient taste to be pleasing, as food or drink; bland.


Three hours before Minzy and Daehyun’s wedding; 2021 

 

The night before her label mate and close dongsaeng's wedding, Park Bom had consumed majority if not all of the alcohol provided by her, CL and Dara. The mini bachelorette party was held on the wide open rooftop terrace of their company building but what they had not expect was for Bom to pass out instead of Dara who was their group's weakest drinker.

Inside B.A.P's dorm the corn goddess was asleep sprawled out on the couch of their kitchen and lounge room area. Waking up groggily from her migraine headache, Bom slipped on a fluffy pink bunny slipper at the foot of their couch. 

Himchan furrowed his eyebrows anxiously as he huddled over to her couch side. His best mate was getting married in three hours and so was her best friend; the one question on his mind was: how the hell are we going to make it?

Having being taught numerous times by Youngjae the proper etiquette and manners in treating a woman, Himchan gently held her head up so she could taste the warm kimchi jjigae and then slid a bowl of rice next to her. 

Everything felt and tasted insipid to Bom though; the flavour of the warm bowl of revival food and the presence and assistance she got from Himchan- one of the five groomsmen.

“This has been Korean’s secret cure against hangovers so you have to slurp it all up!!!” he prompted.

Bom grumbled from the side of her tiny cushion, “Arggh don’t yell.”

Another mannerism he was taught by his loving well-mannered dongsaeng was to never flirt with the Maid of Honour because underneath their thick layers of pure fiery determination for the wedding to precede perfectly- they are seriously and potentially a serial killer.

Bom had managed to slip away from the couch and therefore Himchan again. He searched around for the fairly jumpy noona and saw that she was in Zelo's room where they previously held a drinking game that involved watching their own old performances and seeing how many times they shouted out "2NE1" or "B.A.P" before, during and after their performances, and she picked up a glass of Galbi red wine and threw back her drink then wiped the residue from her lips. 

With what looked like blazing fires of hell in her eyes, Park Bom announced with her index finger pointed at Himchan. “Never fear, a Maid of Honour’s got a wedding to steer!” 

Word count: 406


The rest is getting posted tonight while I watch the GD. And guys remember to:

Happy New Years for later too!!