Listless

What Would Have Been

 

Prompt 131: Listless


Definition

Noun
Having or showing little or no interest in anything; languid; spiritless; indifferent.


SBS Gayo Daejun 2012

 

CL sat stiffly as idol groups passed to sit behind, below and above her in the idol seating area. In this listless venture to remain seated and not interact with anyone else besides her group members in any single physical way.

2NE1’s leader was resisting the urge to yawn at the messy dub step remixes and sloppy choreography and had to swallow her acidic vomit from prolonged dehydration. Save for the overly cheap performances given rather than sultry and sophisticated that encouraged the acidic liquid to promptly rise from once again.

Her label mates were nowhere in sight either. How untimely.

She crossed her legs together ever so tightly and revisited her one-sided staring contest with the blur of the head in front of her; the blond head belonged to the boy group notorious for their sameness in hair colour; B.A.P. Best absolute platinum-blonds eh? CL scoffed in her head at the ridiculous concept and tussled her hair agitatedly, and then the blond head turned, well in fact all of the ‘best absolute platinum-blonds’ turned back and bowed respectfully at their sunbaenim and she stood up and bowed back too.

Although she remained indifferent to the routine of mutual respect and neutral emotion against all the other idols; she knew that these blond people in front of her were one day going to rule the hearts of fans everywhere. But CL remained stoic. Nevertheless she folded her arms impatiently waiting for the return of the remainder of 2NE1.    

The deliriousness and raging hormones seeping out of boys’ butts during Secret’s stunningly y performance was attacking CL’s train of thought; not that she was thinking much beforehand at all. Everyone seemed to come back to their seats as her common sense gradually backed out.

What she didn’t realize was the best absolute platinum-blond that sat right next to her. Her sleepy head craned to the side and hit the fluffy soft blond hair of a teenager; Moon Jongup of B.A.P gazed down at his shoulder with startled eyes. He had a kind smile despite the sudden feminine body contact with his shoulder, and CL unhurriedly but awkwardly positioned herself upright again and fixed her bangs like nothing happened.

 

She exhaled lightly and focused on finding her members with a squint of her cat-eye-liner done eyes. She kept on nodding off during a few more performances; not to the camera’s eye though. She just remained unblinking towards the camera and it would move on to more enthusiastic responses.

‘Must stay awake’, she repeated to herself like a common mantra. CL was stuck in a trance again, although this time it was broken by a purple headed female she recognized in her dreamy state to be none other than her maknae. She snapped out of her reverie and rubbed sleep out of the corner of her eyes without removing any make-up; a skill she developed from attending the mama award shows and past end-of-year shows.

 

“Tell me where you have been, Minji-ya,” she insisted. Minzy leaned into her ear and lowly reported: “You see that blond man—”

“What blond man!? There are six of them here,” CL fumed impatiently. The waiting had kept CL notably weary and Minzy was to feel the wrath of her restlessness.

“OK. You need to commes des down, CL unnie. I um, well I happened to exchange phone numbers with B.A.P’s Jung Daehyun backstage as they were preparing for their stage and I went to greet T.O.P sunbaenim.” When Minzy cussed, she would shoot the words out like a colourful rainbow of profanity. She searched her face for any potential reaction that could be any sign of a potential heart attack, despite how hopeless it was to get a reaction out of CL in a public place.

“Who approached who first?” she inquired finally.

“Daehyun approached me first.”

CL nodded while her chin in deep thought.

“Sooo, I think the Busan kid likes me.” Minzy faintly beamed in happiness because it was the first time a hoobae has ever exchanged phone numbers with her. CL raised a curious eyebrow at her.

“Minji-ya, you should have taken your time to get to know the kid!”

“Well he was about to go on stage, Rinnie. Aigoo he was so cute though— his eyes were all crinkled up together and his smile lines were so defined— it was so attractive! I never knew I could examine wrinkles with such fascination.” She glanced at the leader again for approval and CL gave it to her in the form of a broad smile. However Minzy’s mood began to falter. “This is never going to work though is it? We’re both in the industry and CEO Yang Hyunseuk-sajangnim has to approve of him too.” Minzy huffed and sighed dramatically.

CL waved her off with a smile. “Aigoo, you’re thinking far too ahead. Just be content with the present, it’s not like you’re going to get married to Daehyun-ssi or anything.”

 

 


 

This is in relation to this fancam here and I swear CL did not blink. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7REkhaz_WY