Superficial

What Would Have Been

Prompt 78:

Superficial


Definition

Adjective
1. Being at, on, or near the surface.
2. Of or pertaining to the surface.
3. External or outward.
4. Concerned with or comprehending only what is on the surface or obvious.
5. Shallow; not profound or thorough. 


Two hours before Minzy and Daehyun's wedding; 2021

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFldGN3bXBU

 

Two bridesmaids and groomsman were nodding off simultaneously inside a closet of a very unfamiliar place not too far from the actual wedding reception.

Jung Hana, bearing the name of Zinger since Secret's debut which originated from Nicole Scherzinger from the Pussycat Dolls, was inadvertently hiccuping to the beat of 'Escape (The Pina Colada Song)'. She took another swig of the martini in her hand thinking that it would help her hiccups, yet to her dismay she continued to hiccup. Brrrrrrrr. Why is it so cold?

Alongside her was the drowsy bridesmaid CL of 2NE1 and groomsman Moon Jongup of B.A.P who were asleep against a pile of boxes sitting up. How they got there; none of them really remembered.

CL was the first to stand up and examine the closet they half-slept in. "Wait a second..." she twirled around twice and realised where they were. "This is no closet. We're stuck in a ing humongous freezer." 

No wonder it's so freaking cold. All of a sudden, Zinger burst into a fit of emotional disaster. "Dont' leeaaf meehh Rinnie! Whyyyyy deed you leeaf meh in thurr first playyyce? We could've formed a new group with Sunye and Min from our dance school and sign up to some other company. We- we could've had eet aaalllll."

"Rolling in the deeeeeeeeeeeep," slurred Jongup in broken English from the floor where he had formed a puddle of drool.

CL was quick to answer in a simple but daft tone. "The reason I left JYP for YG was because of its prestige."

"Boohoo, how superficial," Zinger began fake sobbing and CL paced around the freezer room in frustration.

"Ahh michingeonii." 

"Waeguereoniiiii!!" Jongup finished up with Song Jieun's past solo hit song 'Going Crazy' featuring his Yongguk-hyung.

CL gave him a death glare and moved on. "How are you two planning to get us out of here before we freeze to death?"

Zinger pointed to her Blackberry OS and stated with a grin. "VCD."

"What's a VCD, is that like a USB?" CL replied cluelessly.

"It's a device that is connected to the DBS inside my Mercedes S-Guard which will allow the vehicle to be retrieved from wherever I last left it and we will be out of here as quick as Zelo can rap."

"Teddy can beat Zelo in a rap battle any time," grumbled CL. It's been a decade since her admiration of Teddy and she was still his loyal fan girl and friend. "Wait how did you get a hold of a Mercedes S-guard? Aren't they used to protect the government leaders and upper class in diplomacy?" CL arched an eyebrow at Zinger and she grinned even wider.

"My father's a bodyguard for dignitaries which means that I happen to have access to all his vehicles with or without his consent."

CL and Jongup exchanged knowing glances and folded their arms while waiting for Zinger to work her magic.

"How are you not slurring right now?" CL prompted.

"I'm sobering up easier nowadays than I used to. It's all because of your bad influence, Rinnie." Zinger stuck her tongue out playfully and pressed the voice command button on her phone.

"Betty, return to your owner immediately," she voiced.

"Betty? Seriously?" CL smirked.

"Yessir- I'm one of a kind," Zinger joked with a salute.

Word count: 551


2NE1 & Exo*_* HAHA. Oh the fanboys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp0fSvcuisc