Realize

Barely Here

Youngbae's POV:

"No you can't just move it to the other side because it makes the problem easier." 

Tutoring Jiyong was no easy task. He didn't want even try to try to understand the problems all he wanted do to was flirt. And when I mean flirt I mean he literally flirted with anyone was a few feet away from him, guy, girl, older, younger, to him it didn't really matter. Well his looks were undeniably pleasing. His hair was recently dyed with blonde streaks. I didn't know his real eye color since he wore colored lenses daily.

"If you're going to dye your hair make sure you do it at LEAST a day before meeting with someone. The smell can be suffocating."

"Sorry Bae but I need to update my appearance. I wanted to look good... at least presentable for our first day of lessons."

"Also colored contact lenses can cause serious problems with your eyes. You're always wearing them. You should be more careful."

"Whatever you say! I don't want to damage my eyes. If I did I wouldn't be able to look at my daily eye candy."

To avoid having to deal with his flirtation I scheduled our second session at my house since Seunghyun, Chaerin, and Seungri had gone of to the movie theaters leaving the two of us alone. Despite being with Jiyong alone at a location away from the public eye, Jiyong focused his energy on trying to get underneath my skin. Maybe keeping away from watchful eyes only made him more daring.

"Oh come on Bae I'm seriously dying of boredom!" He slammed his palms against the table.

"Bae?! It's Youngbae! Don't you want to graduate from high school?"

"High school is only temporary for me." Jiyong laid his head on one of his arm. 

"Why?" Intrigued, I leaned forward.

"I'm obviously working on developing my fashion label. I'll be leaving this town soon after I graduate."

"Where to?"

"Not sure yet... Anyways why are you so interested? Hmm?" Jiyong leaned across the table, grabbing my hand.

"Just curious" I pulled my hand away. "There is no special meaning behind it."

"Hmm really? Ah Bae I don't know why but you seem different from everyone else. Thats why I haven't used my charms to get you in my bed yet." I rolled my eyes.

"For the love of...! Jiyong lets just focus on this please I want you to at least pass this class okay?"

"Fine... but as a reward if I pass the next exam. I want something from you."

"And what would that be?" I sighed while rubbing my temples. This year was beginning to be very hectic for me.

"I want a kiss from you. Not a little kids kiss. An adult kiss." Jiyong smirked.

"No."

"You're no fun!! Aish! Fine how about a date?"

"No."

"Come on I promise I won't attack you! I won't even hold your hand. Lets just spend a day together yeah?"

Its not that I didn't fully trust Jiyong its just that I didn't trust him... if that made any sense.

"Ugh! Why me?!! Fine Fine! BUT! Only and ONLY if you get a hundred."

"Consider it done." Jiyong smiled.

 

Seunghyun's POV:

"What do you mean its sold out?!"

"Seunghyun calm down it's just a movie. We could rent one on our way home." Chaerin held onto my arm.

"No! This is bull crap! Listen here. I know you go with us to the same school and I definitely know that you're a part of Hyunjoong's gang but seriously!!"

"It's not my fault the tickets were sold out." The girl on the other side of the glass popped her bubble gum.

"For all of the movies that are being shown?!" I was seriously being ticked off. How dare she do this just because of rumors. If I was a girl and not a man I swear... I swear I wouldn't be a gentlewoman!

"Unlucky day?" She began examining her nails.

"Seriously?" I slammed my hands on the counter causing her to jump a little. "Let's go. We dont have to take this crap." 

The two followed close behind me to the car.

"Well that was a waste of time." Seungri muttered.

"No ."

"You guys need to calm down. Lets just go stream a movie on our tv. We can also barbeque and invite everyone else over doesn't that sound good?" Chaerin suggested.

"Yeah but its barely a Wednesday what if everyone is busy with school work?" Seungri asked.

"Come on Seungri lighten up a bit." Chaerin giggled.

"Well whoever shows shows... text Youngbae and ask him if its okay. Remember he was supposed to be tutoring some guy." 

"Okay who else do I text?" Chaerin asked. 

"Everyone just not Daesung. I'll go pick him up since his parents might be home."

Daesung hadn't really talked to me about his parents but I knew something good hadn't come out from that incident. Something just didn't sit right with me when I visited Daesung's house.

"Bae said it's okay. Everyone said they would go."

I drop the two off at the house while I drove to Daesung's house. I saw a car parked at his driveway so I could assume that his parents were home.

"... why am I so nervous." I parked my car across the street. It was a quiet neighborhood but it gave me chilly vibe. There were literally no kids outside and the only house that seemed abandoned was Daesung's house. I mean I knew this wasn't the first time that I had been to his house but  before the street was a bit lively with the kids walking to school.

"Well now or never right?... It's not like I'm getting married or anything... I mean I'm not going to meet my in-laws or anything. Not saying that I wouldn't like to become a part Daesung's family! B-but getting married with Daesung is a bit... I mean we haven't even dated... Well I'm not really gay or anything either. Daesung wouldn't be bad boyfriend either! but I'm not looking for a boyfriend! What the am I saying! Seunghyun!"

I knocked on their door a bit harder than I had wanted too.

"Yes?" A women, whom I assumed was Daesung's mother, with blonde short hair stood in front of me. She had heavy bags under her eyes and her lips naturally curled downwards. Scary.

"Hi. I'm uh I go to the same high school as your children."

"Oh. I see. Well what do you want? I mean we rarely have visitors."

"I uh I was wondering whether Daesung was home?" Her face instantly turned sour. "I mean we were kinda partnered for a project and I need his help to complete the assignment so if it was okay with you... I was hoping he would come with me to the library so that we could work on the project." She looked down at me. She sighed heavily, rubbing her temple.

"Can't you just email him or something?"

"No we have to present it so we need to work on it together..." I gulped when she glared at me.

"If theres no other way... It's fine. I'll go get him." She closed the door in front of me. I stood there awkwardly. I didn't think it would be this tense.

"Seunghyun. I didn't know we had a project to do." Daesung muttered when he opened the front door. His mother stood a few feet behind him, sending him glares.

"Y-yeah we have it for Earth Science! Remember?" I nudged him lightly hoping he would get the message.

"Ah! Y-yeah! L-lets get going."

"Make sure you're back by 10."

"I will." Daesung quickly shut the door behind him. "Lets go. We'll talk in your car."

I nodded at him, turning back to see his mother standing by the window.

Even though he said that he would talk once we were in the car, for the most part of the ride he stayed quiet.

I parked at the side of the street, a few feet away from my house.

"Daesung... Are you okay?"

"Yeah." He refused to look at me. Once again he stared at his lap.

"Liar. You said you'd be more honest with me."

"I'm okay... I'm okay... well at least I will be okay. If I keep telling myself that I will be okay than I'll be okay one day right?"

"Daesung..."

"I just... I didn't want you to see me like that. Not in that environment."

"Why?"

"Because... I already seem weak and now with THIS. You already pity me and now tih this it just makes me look pathetic."

"No of course not! Come on Daesung! You're one of the strongest person I know. If not the strongest. You're forgiving and kind even though you've been to hell! I admire you! So much that I..! That I think you're an angel."

He finally looked up from his lap. "Thanks." He smiled gently.

His smile is deadly.

"So where are planning on taking me?"

"Well we are having a barbeque" but I don't want to take you there anymore "wanna come?"

"Of course."

It was still a silent ride back home but this time he wasn't looking down at his lap anymore.

"Hey we're back!"

"Thank goodness Seungri was trying to cook the burgers but he kept burning them! I swear if he continues to ruin my lunch I am going to murder him!" Chaerin ran passed my open arms to Daesung. "Dae~ I'm glad you could make it!"

"I guess I'll go save our lunch."

Seungri was out the backyard wearing a 'Kiss the Chief' apron.

"Get away from the grill Ri."

"But I-"

"No. Go pick the movie instead."

Seungri sagged his shoulders walking back inside the house.

"Seunghyun meet Jiyong. The guy I was forced to tutor. Jiyong meet my brother Seunghyun." Youngbae motioned to the guy who was clinging onto his arm.

"Hey."

"Oh~ Hey gorgeous I'm Jiyong."

Youngbae tried yanking his arm away from Jiyong but he wouldn't budge.

"Bae don't get jealous! I can't deny a true beauty when I see one! Don't worry you still have your own unique charisma." Youngbae rolled his eyes.

"Please. I was just hoping you'd finally found someone more enticing to deeserve your attention."

I hadn't seen Bae this frustrated since he found out that Barney wasn't real.

"Seunghyun." Daesung came into the backyard with the remaining burgers, that hadn't fallen into Seungri's hands. "Chae told me to bring these to you."

"Ah thank you."

"Daesung this is Jiyong. A classmate of mine that I'm tutoring. Jiyong this is Daesung. My brother whose not really blood related."

"Hey Dae! I've seen you around but never really spoke to you. Sorry about that." Jiyong fidgeted next to Youngbae.

"Don't worry about it. I understand."

"Bae I want to go help Ri pick out a movie. Will you come with me?"

"Do I have a choice?"

"Not really."

"Tell me when the food is ready." Youngbae followed Jiyong. Daesung, on the other hand, stared at their backs.

Why can't he see that Youngbae isn't for him? I mean sure the only thing I can do is grill while Youngbae makes cuisines but seriously? Not hating on my brother but if I was a girl I'd DEFINITELY pick me over him.

"Daesung help me put the burger together please."

He sighed deeply. "Okay."

"...Are you having fun? Or should I have not brought you here?"

"NO! I'm glad you brought me. It's nice to be out. This is my first time being out with a friend since a long time. I needed this."

"How do you know that your in love with Youngbae?"

"W-What?!" Daesung fell back on a chair.

"I mean how do you know you like him?"

"W-well umm he is always there for me when I need him. He treats me well. Oh! and he is considerate."

"... But what about how you feel. I mean Zico treats me well and is considerate but I'm not in love with him."

"I-I don't know. I mean I never really thought about how I feel. I just... If I were to give my feelings a name I would call it a crush."

"But a crush isn't the same as a love."

Daesung scratched the back of his head.

I lowered the flame a bit. "I don't mean to offend you..." I took a step closer to him. "...but what if what you feel isn't love but appreciation."

"I'm not stupid."

"I never said you were. Just does your heart thump when your near him? Not just squeeze when he is being considerate of you but feel constricted at just being near him..." Mine does. "Do you want to change for him? Not change to be like him but to be perfect for him?" I do. "At the thought of his smile do you melt? Feel jittery when he is happy? Feel desperate when he is hurting? Feel helpless when he is distant?"

Daesung looked at the back of his hands. "I-...."

I-I do...

I'm in love with my best friend.

I'm in love with Daesung.

"I don't know."

 

Jiyong's POV:

This is seriously annoying.

I didn't want to be here. I was forced to be here. The only good thing about this place was the eye candy.

I'm not even an idiot who needs tutoring. I knew how to do the math I just didn't want to do the math. I wasn't planning on graduating anyways.

Can this day get any worse?

I flopped down on the couch. Seungri continued arguing with his sister on what movie to put on. This had been going on for that past few minutes.

Calm down Jiyong. Patience!

Well you know what they say keep your friends close but your enemies closer.

"Bae! Come sit next to me."

 

 

 

Hey guys a short update!!! Sorry again! finals week T~T huhuhu anyways we have Seunghyun's realization for his own feelings here and more things to come in the next chapter (meaning more secrets unlocked and others revealed keke and some heartbreak) yes all of that will be stacked up in the next chapter! hehehe I think my original plan for this fanfic has strayed lol by that i mean my original plot line has changed a bit. Ahh will I be able to tie it all nicely at the end? I hope so D: