friends

The dream

True love is when you put someone on a pedestal, and they fall - but you are there to catch them. 

 “I love you”, Ren says and looks at Baekho with a glance full of love. They sit on Baekho’s bed, facing each other. Baekho smiles and picks up Ren’s hand. He slowly his hand, always looking Ren in the eyes. Ren holds his breath and then moves slowly forwards. Baekho brushes a wisp of hair out of his face. The amorous way Baekho looks at Ren makes his heart beat faster. “You know that I love you more than anything else, don’t you?”, asked Baekho and starts caressing Ren’s arm. Ren gets goose pimples and nods. He moves even closer to Baekho until his face is only a few centimeters from Baekho’s away. Baekho heart beats faster as he sees the look in Ren’s eyes. It’s a glance full of love, joy and pride. Baekho leans over and whispers in Ren’s ear: “I’m so glad I know you. I don’t want to be without you anymore” As he leans back his lips brushes Ren’s cheek. This short touch makes Ren shiver. He moves even closer to Baekho so that he almost sits on his legs and kisses him slowly. Baekho feels the lovely taste of Ren’s lips and enjoys the feeling that this kiss gives him. Ren snuggles into Baekho and…

“Wake up!”, Baekho’s mother yelled. “What?”, asked Baekho. He didn’t want to wake up so he just closed his eyes and tried to continue his dream. It was the same dream he dreamt when he realized that he loved Ren. The dream he had before his life completely changed. This was a part of the dream he had a few weeks ago. He felt a happiness in his stomach because of his dream and excitement because today his life would hopefully change. The last days were awful,  because he always had to see Ren being sad but he couldn’t help because Ren didn’t want him to.  First he didn’t get why Ren didn’t want to see him but then JR told him about his thoughts that Ren loved him and was depressed because of seeing the girl Baekho “liked”.  But Baekho was about to set it right. Today was his chance.  He got up and dressed himself.  His mother was surprised about the look on Baekho’s face but she was happy since Baekho didn’t seem to be happy the last days. When Baekho ended his breakfast the door bell rang. It was JR who wanted to pick Baekho up. It was his first concert since he began at the new high school and he was excited because Baekho and Ren would see him onstage.

Ren was getting ready only an hour later. His brother would go with him so that he didn’t need to go alone. Also Ren was a bit scared that Baekho would be there too. He still loved him like hell but it was hard to see him. His wonderful looks and his loveliness made him cry. Ren always had to see what he couldn’t have.  “Are you ready?” Aron asked and looked at Ren who was standing in the middle of his room without doing anything. Well, he didn’t do “nothing”. Ren stared at the photo of him and Baekho. They have been best friends for ages and now.. ? Suddenly he cringed. He couldn’t lose Baekho. It might be hard to be friends with someone who you love and who do not love you but it had to be possible. Losing him was so much harder than being with someone you can’t be with. He had to be with Baekho in any way he could have it! If Baekho loved another girl than Ren had to be there supporting him and if Baekho had lovesick he had to cheer him up again. Being with Baekho was the most important thing.  He had to apologize to him. Ren didn’t want a life without his best friend- even if he only could be his friend. “I am”, he said.

“Show me your backstage pass, please”, requested the doorman. “Yeah I got it”, Ren said and showed him his pass. “Okay”, the doorman said and let him through the door. Ren didn’t wait for Aron who was behind him. Not for a long time has he felt so much excitement. He knocked at the door behind which JR had to be. “Who’s there?”, yelled JR. “It’s me! Minki!” Then there was a long silence and Ren heard a loud rumbling from inside the room. “Uhmm.. Minki can you come again in five minutes? I need to… finish something before”, JR said and it sounded like he would stand directly on the other site of the door.  Ren was confused but he did as he was told. “Ah here you are!”, called Aron who was glad to find his brother. “Didn’t you find JR?” he asked. “I did but he said I should come back in five minutes since he has to finish something”, answered Ren. He couldn’t tell why but his brother had a weird countenance  while listening to Ren’s report. “Is everything alright?”, Ren asked and looked at his brother observing. His brother looked a bit confused but then smiled and said: “Yeah sure! And did you see Baekho already? He will be here too, won’t he?”  “I guess so but I didn’t see him yet”, Ren said. Suddenly JR called: “Ren? Are you still here? I am ready now!” JR looked around the corner and saw Ren and Aron. His face started to glow. “I’m so excited and happy! You’ll see me onstage and then you can tell me what you think about my performance! I guess it will change your life!” Aron laughed and put his arm around JR. “Why don’t you show us your backstage room? It’s got to be really cool to have an own room to prepare behind the stage”, he said. “Sure! Come on”, JR said and guided them back to his room. “Well that’s my room”, JR said and all of them looked around. It was a big room with a big mirrors and a lot of cosmetic bags. On the other side of the room were two couches on which lay lots of clothes. On another wall hang hundreds of signed pictures of singers and groups who had already performed at this house.  Another wall didn’t seem to be fully renovated  however a graffiti decorated half of the wall: “Love is painful but it’s worth all the pain” Ren closed his eyes as he felt tears coming up. Aron looked at Ren worried and then looked at JR and whispered: “what shall we do?” But before JR could answer Ren asked: “Is Baekho here too?” “Yes he is! Why? Do you wanna talk to him?”, JR asked. Ren said nothing and just stared at the graffiti for a while. Then Aron cleared his throat and said: “Well, Ren, we should go now. The concert will start in twenty minutes and JR has to prepare himself. You can talk to Baekho after the concert or in school on Monday”  “Okay. Let’s go. Good luck to you, JR! Have fun!”, said Ren and walked out of the room with a smile on his face. “Yeah, good luck! And… yes have fun”, Aron said and hugged JR before he left the room. JR smiled. Today was a really good day.

Ren and Aron had much fun at the concert and jeered a lot. They both were really proud when JR mentioned their names and pointed at them during the concerts but Ren was looking for Baekho inconspicuosly like all the time. He concentrated so much on finding him, that Aron had to scream to gain his attention. “What??”, screamed Ren. “Listen!”, Aron screamed back. Ren was confused but then he focused on what was happening on the stage. “So I will have a little break because I know someone who wants to say something now! Please let him talk!”, JR said and walked off the stage. Ren looked at Aron. “Do you know  what’s going on?”, he asked. “I know”, aron said and smiled. “Tell me!” “You’ll see it”, Aron said and smiled even more. Ren was getting annoyed but he suddenly felt an emotional rollercoaser when he saw Baekho coming on stage.