New beginnings

The dream

I love you not only because of who you are but also because of who I am when I'm with you

‘Mom? I’ve got to tell you something’ ‘Sure. What is it?’ Ren looked at Baekho and then looked at Aron for a second. ‘It’s about me and Baekho..’ Ren’s mother started to smile and looked at Baekho, who moved closer to Ren and took his hand. ‘Tell her’, he whispered. ‘You don’t have to’, said Ren’s mother and hugged them both. ‘I knew it’, she said and smiled even more. ‘Thanks Mom’, mumbled Ren and kissed her on the cheek. ‘You don’t have to thank me. I want you to be happy and I know that he makes you happy. That’s all I’ve ever wanted for you, Minki. I’m glad you found someone who’s that lovely.’ Suddenly the door bell rang and Ren’s mother let him go to open the door. But before she could even reach the door, Aron ran past her and opened the door. ‘Hey’, he said quite breathless. ‘Hi. Can I come in?’, said JR and smiled.

‘Did he invite JR or how did he know that it was him?´’, Baekho asked quietly. ‘I don’t know’, Ren said surprised. ‘Do you think there’s something going on between them?’, Baekho asked and pressed Ren’s hand. ‘No. I mean.. I don’t know..’, answered Ren, ‘I’ve never thought about that..’ ‘I think they might fell for each other’, said Baekho and  smiled.

‘Yes. Please Come in’,Aron said and smiled at JR. Aron put a hand on JR’s shoulder, leading him to his room. ‘Wait a second. I want to see Baekho and Ren first. How did your mother react? Is everything alright?’, JR said. ‘Yes. They’re in the kitchen. Everything turned out right. Just go in the kitchen. I’ll wait here’ ‘Ok’, JR said.

‘Hey JR! Nice to see you! I guess you’ll be glad to hear that my Mom wasn’t angry or disappointed or anything. She said she already knew it..’, said Ren and smiled. ‘Everyone except for you two saw it’. JR laughed. ‘Thanks again for helping us”, Baekho said. ‘When will you both tell it Baekho’s parents?’ ‘We don’t know yet because we don’t know how they’ll react. It was easier with my Mom’, said Ren. ‘Ok. I’ll go now. Aron’s waiting for me’ ‘Sure! Just go! Have fun!’, said Baekho and laughed silently. JR waited a bit, looking at Baekho, trying to figure out the look on his face, then he walked out of the room.

‘Hello JR!’, said Ren’s mother when she saw him in front of Aron’s door. ‘Hello’, JR answered and smiled at Ren’s and Aron’s mother, who was a spitting image of her oldest son, Aron. ‘Nice to see you here again’, she said. ‘Thanks. It’s nice to be here too’ ‘We’ll do a family and friends movie-evening today. Will you join us?’, she asked. ‘Yes. That would be nice! Thanks for inviting me’ He opened the door and walked into Aron’s room.  Aron sat on his bed with a book in his hand. As he saw JR he stood up and closed the door. He turned around, looked into JR’s eyes and smiled. ‘There’s something I want you to know. All this last weeks and months when Ren and Baekho came closer you were a big help. I saw what a great guy you are. When I first heard that a celebrity like you will go to our school I thought that it would be stressful because I was convinced that you’d be arrogant but you proved me wrong. You’re one of the nicest and helpful people I know. You’ve got such a wonderful personality and… you’re really… cute..’ Aron looked in JR’s face to see how he reacts. JR smiled and said: ‘Thanks. You know what? You’re one of the nicest people I know too’ JR smiled and moved a bit closer to Aron. ‘What would you say if I asked you to go out with me?’, asked Aron. JR took a deep breath and leaned a bit back. ‘I… I’m sorry. I don’t know if I can do that. I have to think about my career too.. and it would be awkward because your brother has just told your Mom that he and Baekho are a couple now. I’m so sorry. I don’t… I can’t handle that.. I have to think about it. I’m so sorry..I  gotta go’ JR walked out of the door.