Showing L.O.Λ.E

The dream

--------The heart has its reasons that reason knows nothing of--------

 

Ren didn’t understand what was happening. What was Baekho’s problem? Why did he ran away? And why couldn’t he tell him?

Later Ren and Aron went to school like everyday but Aron’s attempts to start a conversation were useless. Ren thought about Baekho and about what he said in his room. He had never been so…  weird? Ren almost crossed the street in front of a car because he couldn’t concentrate on the traffic or on anything else. He thought about how hard it was to see Baekho’s beautiful eyes, which today didn’t glow as usual but looked sad and kind of confused. Aron hold Ren back. ‘What’s wrong with you? Can’t you take care of yourself? Don’t be so dreamy!’ Ren nod without even hearing Aron.

When they arrived at the school Aron went to his friends really fast. He couldn’t talk to Ren when he wasn’t listening at all so he decided to let his little brother on his own. Minhyun who watched them coming, studied Ren’s face. He wondered why Ren and Baekho were so different. And why did his brother go to Ren at all? They would see each other in school anyways…

Baekho sat behind the school building. He was avoiding Ren and his little brother. He felt like he was going crazy. What should he do about that Ren-thing. And was it a good idea to promise Ren that he would show him his dream? If he wasn’t sure about his feelings he couldn’t show him!! He needed time to think about it.

Ren sat in the class room like all the other students except for Baekho. Why isn’t he there yet? What if something happened to him?! What if he ran away? He was so confused and sad this morning, he could be gone… Or maybe he became sick. Right now the teacher told them about a new student. Ren didn’t listen. The door opened. Ren jerked up but sat back when he didn’t see Baekho’s wonderful blonde hair but a boy with black hair. He closed his eyes.

‘This is your new student. I guess you all know him! His name is JR!’, Ren’s teacher said. Now he got Ren’s attention. Ren looked at this guy intense. ‘Well my name is not JR. That’s only my stage name. My real name is Kim Jong Hyun’, JR said. Ren just stared at JR and didn’t realize the door which opened again. He also didn’t realize Baekho who was coming in and sat down in the last row. He just sat there and stared at this wonderful boy called Kim Jong Hyun.

Baekho silently looked at Ren. His heart stopped beating for a second because of his cuteness but when he saw Ren’s look his heart broke. He could feel it. It was like broken glass and the only thing on his mind was that that was the look Ren should have on his face when he saw him, Baekho, and not this celebrity. Tears came into his eyes and he stopped up and walked to the door. How could he be in the same room as Ren and his lover? When he opened the door a tear fell from his eye.

‘Baekho? What are you doing? You can’t go! We’ve got lessons’, Mr. Lee, the teacher, said. Baekho didn’t turn around. He didn’t want Ren and his lover to see his tears. ‘I’ll go look after him’, a soft voice behind him said. Baekho didn’t wait or anything. He walked faster and finally ran out of the school. ‘Wait!’, the voice screamed. When Baekho realized  it was Ren he didn’t know what to do. He didn’t want to see Ren and explain anything to him but he was glad that Ren looked after him instead of staring at his lover. ‘Baekho, wait!’, he screamed again. Baekho didn’t stop. Not that he didn’t want to- he just couldn’t.  Ren ran faster. He hold Baekho back and turned him around. Their hearts both stopped beating for a second when they looked at each other. ‘what’s going on?! First you come into my room although we didn’t arrange to meet. Then you tell me about a dream but don’t tell me what it was about! And now you’re running away from me! What the hell is going on?’ ‘I can’t tell you’, Baekho said and tried to stop crying. Ren hugged him. ‘Why? I’m your best friend. I don’t mind what you did or dreamt or do! I will always love you and you’ll always be my best friend!’  ‘You say that now. You wouldn’t if you knew what my dream was about’, Baekho said bitterly. ‘That’s not true’, Ren disagreed. Baekho tried to retire from Ren’s hug but Ren hold him even stronger. ‘What about this new boy in out class? Why is he here?’, Baekho asked. ‘You do know him, right? His name is JR! He’s one of my favorite singers!!’, Ren answered. ‘Who’s your other favorite singer?’, Baekho asked. Ren didn’t answer. Baekho repeated his question. ‘Can’t you tell yourself?’, Ren asked Baekho.  ‘No’, Baekho said. ‘Well… uhm… it’s you’, Ren said. ‘When did you hear me singing?’, Baekho asked surprised. ‘I once was visiting you and Minhyun but he was out and you were in the bathroom.’ ‘I can’t remember that’, Baekho said. ‘Yeah. You can’t because you didn’t see me. I didn’t stay too long. I felt like having a heart attack’, Ren laughed silently. Baekho looked at him hopefully. Ren looked back. At this moment Baekho knew that he could tell Ren about it. Ren would understand. And maybe he would  reciprocate his feelings. ‘Baekho, tell me about your dream’, Ren said. One second Baekho thought about telling him and his heart beat faster. But when he remembered that look Ren gave JR he felt the pain again and said ‘I told you that I won’t tell you about it. But I’ll show you… soon’ Ren took his hand. ‘Okay’, he said.

----------------to be continued----------------