Wishes we’ve made under the mistletoe tree of love

Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love
~ Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love ~ Chapter 5~
-Wishes we’ve made under the mistletoe tree of love-

Closing the door behind, Junsu could see a frail Jaejoong sitting as if like a dead body on the couch with Yunho, Yoochun and Changmin in the living room. They turned to him upon hearing the sound of door closed. Before they ask a question, Junsu know what they would ask. He could read it through their eyes. All of them were worried dead about Ri In’s whereabouts. Throwing his key pouch on the coffee table he sends a dead glare to Jaejoong.

Yunho got up from his seat, “Junsu, did Ri In contact you?”

“She’s safe right now,” Junsu revealed. He could see a glow in Jaejoong’s eyes upon hearing Ri In’s condition. He do knows that Jaejoong still loves Ri In very much. But he was really upset by what he did. Walking up to Jaejoong, Yunho know what’s neither the thing happening next, he can’t stop nor he could help it. Junsu pulled Jaejoong up by his collar, “Why did you do that if you really do love her?”

Jaejoong looked away not intending to answer him. He continues, “By any chance, have you ever think about her feeling? Don’t you know she would be hurt? If you have no assurance that you could give her happiness, why did you go after her.” he let go of Jaejoong to see him fell on the couch powerlessly.

“Hyung,” Changmin pulled Junsu back and have him swung off his hand.

“Junsu,” Jaejoong finally uttered a word. “You do have feeling for Ri In, am I right?” he was hoping that Junsu would deny. At the very least, he would feel better with his denial.

“Yes, I do like her since the very beginning,” Junsu turned around to confront Jaejoong.

It frightened the others to know both Jaejoong and Junsu had fallen for the same person.

“Four years ago, the very first day I met her in school, I’ve fallen for him. Because I know she is the girl you like, the one who could change you and the most important is that she does love you. I’m willing to step back.” Having his finger poking on his shoulder, Junsu misery queried “If you really do love her, why didn’t you confess to her earlier? I regretted for not having the courage to tell her that I do love her. If I did, she might have another option instead of dooming by you.”

“Where is she?” he finally asked Junsu.

“She almost died hitting by the train,” Junsu revealed. “Ri In, she thought of killing herself after knowing her beloved mother is abandoning her. How am I supposed to tell you where she is to let you hurt her more?”

“Junsu, this is the matter between them,” Yunho tried persuading him. “You ought to let them solve it themselves.”

“An hour ago, I just sent her off to the airport. She’ll be leaving to Korea in another twenty minutes time,” he coldly answered as he made his way towards his room.

Abruptly, the unconscious Jaejoong as if being slapped awake. He grabbed his coat and left the apartment. Speeding towards the airport, he occasionally looks at the time. He wished he’ll be able to be there in time before she departs. Running towards the departure gate, he sees a familiar figure. He wanted to call out her name so badly, but his intuition telling him that letting her go would be the best choice. He can no longer sees her being tortured by others perception on them. Being pained by others comments on their forbidden love and the most important thing is that he can never disclose their relationship given his career. He had always said he wanted to tell the world that his step sister was the woman he love the most but when he sees his friend he somehow dares not to let them know that he actually in love with his own step sister. Seeing she walked into the departure area, he tightened his fist.

“No matter what happens, my love for you will never change,” he whispered.

-

Their fourth album in Japan turned out to be a big hit. The sales of the album in the first week had topped the oricon chart and by the end of the month, it recorded a total of 250 000 copies sold. By the end of the year it remained in the top 10. It was the best result from the Dong Bang boys. A year ended having a number of singles released and topping the oricon chart. They were supposedly heading back to Korea at the beginning of a new year, nevertheless, Mr. Lee thinks Korea can wait for a another year. Tohoshinki continues with their promotion activities in Japan actively. Ever since Ri In left Japan, Jaejoong had returned to the usual him. He seldom talks only in variety shows he’ll pretend to be a cheerful person but once the camera turned off, the coldness appeared in his face.

Meanwhile in Korea, Jung Eun and Jun Hwan are in their two years separation. Almost year and a half Jung Eun did not contact Ri In nor did her dare to contact her mother. Once in a while, she would stand at the opposite road and stole peeks at her mother from the flower shop. From the time Jung Eun said Ri In is no longer her daughter, she meant it. She was determined in avoiding her own daughter. As for Ri In, she’s finally in her last year of high school. Upon finishing high school, she intends to continue in art. Every day after school, she would work in Junsu’s saloon. Without her parents, she could only live her life with her own ability. With the little salary, she used it for her daily use. Jaejoong’s dad always approached her and gave her monetary support but she will only refuse it.

“Hey guys, how is the business today?” Ri In asked cheerily before placing the boxes of lunch on the cashier counter.

“Yah…what take you so long to buy us lunch?” one of the senior hair stylist growled.

Glancing through the account book, she looks up to them, “Business ain’t that good. Need to work harder guys or your owner will chop me into pieces.”

“As if Junsu will let a hair of yours drop,” Yeon Hee sneered. “Quickly marry him and be the owner of this salon if I were you.”

“Stop talking nonsense,” she pushed Yeon Hee’s head. “Faster eat up your lunch. As for now, I’ll replace your place as a shampoo girl.” She walked away towards the hair washing area.

“Welcome,” Yeon Hee greeted upon hearing the door bell rings. She was surprised upon seeing the person standing before him.

Removing his shade, he coldly said “I’m here to wash my hair….aren’t you going to serve me instead standing still here?”

“Okay, in a short while…I mean please proceed to the Washing Room.” Yeon Hee stammered. “Shampoo girl, you have a customer approaching. Get ready.”

“Alright,” Ri In shouted before getting the shampoo ready. As she came out, she sees the customer that Yeon Hee said. After so long, she never thought she would be meeting him in such situation. “Jaejoong…” she mumbled with the bottle of shampoo dropped on the floor with all the liquid spread all over the floor.

Looking at her stunned expression, Jaejoong didn’t know how he should react. “Are you…okay?”

“Yeah, have a seat. I’ll be back in a moment,” she brushes passed him to the cabinet where shampoos are kept. Given her height, she struggles in taking the shampoo that was kept in the very end of the cabinet. Noticing that, Jaejoong walked up to her and helped her out. As she looked up, once again they share a very close distant. “Thanks,” she grabbed hold on the shampoo and walked away.

“How are you?” Jaejoong had broken the silence that filled the room.

“Fine, what about you,” Ri In casually asked. “Heard that you guys were doing well…”

“Umm,” he slightly nodded her head as she gently rubs on his scalp. While she was massaging his head, he can’t help but to stare still at the face he had missed all this while. At that moment, he wanted so much to holds on her face not to say sealing her lips passionately.

Ri In awkwardly looked away while begin to clean his hair. All of the sudden, Jaejoong grabbed hold on her hand which made goose bumps filled around Ri In’s arms. “Is it possible to stay as now for awhile?”

“Jaejoong, we shouldn’t be doing this anymore,” she withdrew her hand then dries his hair with the towel. “I’ll get someone to dry up your hair,” she leaved the room.

-

Walking into the Enchanted Forest, she sees the old mistletoe tree. Over the past years, she had always spent her time wishing towards the mistletoe hoping that every wish of hers would come true. Taking a small wooden square board, Ri In writes down her wish once again. Too in to it, she wasn’t aware that someone is approaching her.

“Wishing again?” Junsu leaned on the trunk. “You saw him?”

Opening her left eye, she peeps at him mischievously, “You planned this, didn’t you?”

“You blown it off, didn’t you?” Junsu sneered. “I can tell that you two still love each other very much. Now that your mom and his dad had divorced, you two are no longer step siblings. What’s that holding you back?”

“Mom and dad are only in their separation, they have not officially divorced yet,” Ri In pointed out.

“That makes not much different, does it?”

She shrugged her shoulders, “I don’t really know what is that I wanted to do. Aside of me, wanting so much to throw myself to him and be a weak girl being dots by him. But another side of me telling me that you’d betrayed your mom and that’s why you’re suffering in such condition.”

Junsu did not say a word but just listen to her.

“Do you know, I sometimes will doubt his love for me,” kicking on those leafs on ground, she smiles a little. “I was the one who always asked him not to disclose our relationship back then. However, that day when we bumped into his colleagues, I know that wasn’t what I really wanted.”

-Flashback-

“Oppa, look at that ice cream,” she pointed at the colourful cone of ice cream. “It’s so high…won’t it falls?”

“You want to try?” he asked.

“Kim Jaejoong…”

Upon hearing the familiar voice, almost immediately he released Ri In’s hand and turned to meet his colleague. “Hey…”

“You’re accompanying your sister?”

“Yeah…”

-Flashback ends-

“Apparently, I can’t accept that Jaejoong mind about our relationship. He released my hand so naturally, something that pains my heart.”

“All this while, I’ve only seen you making wish towards this tree,” he touched on the trunk before turning to meet her eyes. “Have you ever steal a look at the wishes your another half made?” using the stick, he took one of the board that written Jaejoong’s name down. “I know it is an immoral action but after reading it, you might get to make a decision for the best.”

Taking hold of it, she glances through the words written on it. It was written six years ago and it says:

‘Today I met this girl named Ri In. She’s the first person who entered this little world of mine. She gives me a special feeling, wonder could she be the last girl that wins my heart? I wish she could.’

By the time she read it, Junsu had taken down almost all the boards that Jaejoong hung it on the mistletoe tree.

‘We spent almost the whole year with her here under the mistletoe tree. I could feel she does have feeling for me, so am I. But I didn’t know how I should confess to her. Could you give the courage? I wish you could.’

‘Tree ah tree…why aren’t you giving me the courage I’m wishing for. Another year had gone by. You’d made almost all my wish came true, why not this? Perhaps, are you realizing her wish? She’ll be confessing to me first?’

‘I know is immoral doing this. I stole a peek on the wish she made. I know she do love me but her mother is more important. I wish our parents could change their mind.’

‘Two weeks to go before their wedding. We’ll be leaving to Italy. I know Ri In wished that her mom could have happiness but my love for her is too deep. Nevertheless, as long as she’s happy, whatever her decision is, I’ll respect. I just wished she could be happy. But I’m never going to give up. I’ll still try.’

Her tears flow down unstoppably without any stop.

‘This morning, I made a mistake. It’s alcohol again. I wish I really could throw away this habit.’

‘Tonight, I’m going to give it a try for one last time. Pray for me that she’ll come with me to Japan.’

‘Crazy isn’t it? I fly all the way back to Korea just to make a wish. Yesterday was her birthday. I wish all her wishes made under the mistletoe tree of love will come true. In fact, you’re really our tree of love. Our love begins here; you’d witnessed us all the way. I was following her yesterday. It was like stalking her. She was peeking at her mother from a far distant. True enough, I was the one who caused her in such great grief. I ruined her life. I just wish she could live her life happily. Perhaps watching her from a distant, that’s all I can do for now.’

“Jaejoong…I’m so selfish.” Her knees fell on the ground, “All this while I just care about my own feeling but I’ve not care about his feeling.”

Squatting down by her side, he held on her shoulder, “We’ll be leaving to Japan later around 2 in the morning. That’s all I can do and the final decision falls on your hands.” Junsu handed her a boarding pass.

-

“Junsu, why are you kept looking here and there?” Yoochun was curious.

He turned to him, “Huh…what?”

Jaejoong too averts his attention to him. Junsu was rather strange, he thought.

“Do you think we can stay here for a little longer? In fact our flight, there’s still plenty of time.” Junsu talked circuitously.

“You’re being very weird there,” Jaejoong coldly said. He turned around and was about to stepped into the departure area. However, he halted upon being called by a familiar voice. He turned around to see Ri In panting for air.

She walked up to him, “Kim Jaejoong, will you bring me along to Japan again?”

Looking into her eyes confusingly, he asked “Are you sure? What makes you change your mind?”

“The wishes we’ve made under the mistletoe tree of love,” she smile faintly. “If only I’d read it earlier. I’m sorry for being so selfish all this while. For all this time, I’ve not stand at your side and think for you. All I did was thinking how hurt I was but actually you were feeling the same pain as me in the same time. I…”

“My heart is still the same,” ending his sentence, he held on her face and gently kisses on her lips. Clasping her hands around his neck, she did not refuse having him deepening the kiss. The other four members just watch them as if a drama filming ongoing. They were rather relieved to see no fans surrounding in the airport since it’s already midnight.

-

“Will you be coming to our concert later on?” Ri In helped him in wearing on the coat. Shrugging her shoulders, she hesitated “Your manager, he doesn’t seem to welcome me.”

“About him,” he tapped his finger on her forehead, “You don’t really need to bother about him. He’s not as mean as you thought.”

“I’ll see how. Follow the flow…” she shrugged her shoulders again.

Stealing a peck on her cheek, he smiled mischievously, “I’m positive you’ll be there supporting me.”

“Perhaps…”

(Ri In’s thought)

‘Love in the ice’ their live tour is coming to an end again. I’ve always wanted to sit at the spectators’ seats and sees him shines on the stage. Today, my dream had finally realized. He somehow found where I was. His eyes just can’t get rid of me and I know it. Since the very first day I met him, I know I’m destined to be with him. Perhaps, in each and everyone eyes, our love is forbidden. An uous love that the public will always refused to accept. Indeed, we can never walk hand in hand in the street nor can he disclose this relationship because of that. It is true that mom and dad are officially divorced in two years time, but most of the people know that I and Jaejoong were once siblings. Moreover, I can never get mom’s blessing. But I don’t really care about those small little things. In the past, is because we were too mindful with what others thoughts about us, that’s why we suffered so much. At this moment, whether he is to disclose this relationship of ours or what kind of perception other people have on us, I don’t really mind about it anymore. At the present, I finally understood that loving someone can be very simple. Having him by my side, it is more than enough. I can never ask for more. And this is our love story that had started under the mistletoe tree of love and continued by it.

Opening her eyes as the song ended, she was surprised to see Jaejoong stood right before her. She could see sweats dripping down from his forehead. Averting her eyes to the stage, she could see all four of them smiling happily as they were watching them. Within a minute, to her surprise, he held on her wrist bringing up to his chest having her feels his heartbeats a simple gesture that made her got up from her seat.

“Jang Ri In…” they stood under the spotlight becoming the center of attention.

The End

Presented by Celestine Blue
//Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love//
^-^ 3rd April 2009 ^-^

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
hey hey...this is the last chapter...
like it? like the ending?
i'm now writing a new fic and might be posting it at the beginning of June...for now, let's take a break...
it's a Suyin fic...
maybe it's been quite some time i didn't write fic, i'm stuck in chapter 10 now...my grammar was terrible and i just don't know how to continue...anyway...hope that you all will still read this new fic of mine...

"My Everything"
it's about an arranged marriage where both parties have their own lovers but were brought together by fate into a marriage...
living under the same roof, they always quarrel...
he would ignore her and she will put on a cold face...
however, when the both slowly falling for each other, the love that they once considered to be love of their life reappears...

i got this storyline from little_beat's "Cage"...im not sure any of you have ever read this...but its a very nice stroy...sadly, she'd deleted it...

cast:Kim Junsu, Jang Ri In, Park Yoochun, Park Heebon