Last Chance

Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love
~ Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love ~ Chapter 3~
-Last Chance-

Two weeks passed really fast and today is the day before their parents wedding. Stepping out from her room, she sees that one person she didn’t want to see the most. Turning around, she chooses to avoid him once again. Not letting her escapes so easily, he runs after her. Holding firmly on her wrist, he pulled her back and his strength was too great that made her almost fall. He grabbed hold on her shoulders whilst staring still into her eyes.

“Tell me, can you really let this go so easily?” his face expression was really stern that sends her countless fear.

Trying her best to get rid his hand, her face expression clearly described how pain she is. Looking up to him with a glare, she said “I’ve told you clearly that day, don’t you understand?”

Letting off her hand, he was about to say something but Ri In immediately leaves. He could see the red marks he had left on her wrist. “Stop avoiding this, you do still love me why are you forcing yourself to do something you don’t want? I love you and you know it.”

“Shut up! I’m not avoiding nor I’m doing something unwillingly!” she retorted. “Kim Jaejoong, you are the one who is avoiding and doesn’t want to accept the fact that we’re done. There’s no way we can be together anymore. Just take it as a dream, okay?” she turned around and was about to enter her room.

“Why must you become another nightmare of mine?” he said in grief.

-Flashback ends-

Upon looking up to the sky, he could see the sun is rising. It seems that today’s weather would be good. Almost ten hours he had waited for Ri In but she did not turn up in the end. Perhaps, he should really give up. Since she doesn’t want that, he shouldn’t be forcing her anymore, he thought. Getting into his car, he looks at the necklace hung on the back view mirror. The pendant was engraved with his and Ri In’s photo. He wonders can he really let her go. Scrolling down the windows, he sped down with strong wind blowing him. Reaching home, he wanted to open the closed door to see if Ri In skipped her sleeping for the project again. However, the courage inside him had been taken away by her. He no longer has the courage to face her again.

-

One month had passed, ever since the day Ri In did not turn up, Jaejoong had moved back to the hostel to stay with the guys leaving Ri In all alone in the cold mansion. With their album promotion activities getting more and more, it was almost impossible for them to attend classes. They have been skipping countless classes and only focused on their career. This had made the chances of Ri In meeting Jaejoong decreased. She wonders the exact reason to why he moved out without informing her, is it because she did not turn up that night nor does he really intends to end this off. The moment she thinks of this, she could hardly give her concentration on her studies. In fact, from dawn till dusk she was thinking of him. There was not a minute he has not stop haunting her.

“Ri In,” Yeon Hee grabbed hold on her as she sees Ri In was about to collapsed. “Are you alright, do you want me to phone your bro?”

“NO,” she raised her voice. Holding on her aching forehead, she feel bad having to raise her voice to her best friend, “Yeon Hee, I’m sorry. But please don’t tell any of them, I’ll be fine after a rest.”

“Sure you can walk back home alone?” she asked doubtfully. “Or give a call to the chauffeur to drive you home…you’re really sick, how can you walk home.”

Shaking her head no, her dry voice worries Yeon Hee more, “I say I’ll be fine. You’re being over worried here. Shouldn’t you be attending the orchestra class now?”

“Yeah but you’re in this state,” Yeon Hee frowned. “I’ll call Jonghyun…”

In the end, it was Jonghyun who send her home. On the way back to her mansion, silent filled the car. None of them utter a word and just let the atmosphere turned more awkward. Somehow, he can’t help but to peeked on her occasionally.

“Are you feeling cold?” a simple question by him had broken down the coldness in the car. It wasn’t any coldness coming from the air-conditioner but it was the silence between them.

“I’m fine…”

“You should have consult the doctor,” Jonghyun tried to persuade her in seeing the doctor but the stubborn Ri In refused it strongly.

As they reached, Ri In unbuckled the seatbelt. “I’ll go in myself.”

“I’ll help you, no objection,” he cut her off before she could oppose again.

Ri In just nodded her head. In the past, she would frets that Jaejoong might flare up to see Jonghyun with her. But now that he’s no longer staying in this cold mansion, there’s nothing to be concerned about.

Having his hand around her shoulder, he helped her walked through the long pathway to the entrance of the mansion. “It’s too big for a patient to walks in, doesn’t it?” he shook his head left right, “I never know you are this rich…”

Seated down on the couch, “Make yourself home, you can get a drink from the fridge…” she said weakly.

“Where’s the kitchen anyway,” he scratched his head.

Ri In chuckled, “Right at the end…”

“I’ll cook you some porridge, get hold of yourself,” Jonghyun rolled his sleeve up “I don’t hope to see you fainted when I’m back.”

Rolling her eyes, she stood up “I’ll just go with you and waits for your porridge in the dining area.”

“Worried that I will burn down the whole kitchen?” he raised a brow. “Porridge doesn’t need gas.” The both of them laughed. It has been quite some time for him to see her laughs easily. He wonders what is that so bothersome she is facing.

-

“These are the assignments for the midterm examination,” Siwon passed two envelopes to Jaejoong and Junsu. “Theis assignments will due on the last week of May.”

Jaejoong briefly glanced through the question, “I guess we’ll be able to finish it in two weeks time.” He looked up to Junsu to see him frowned.

“Only you, not me,” he replied. “How could this huge pile of paper be done in two weeks time? You’re born to be genius I don’t blame you. Exactly the same as Ri In finished in two weeks time.” He imitated Ri In.

“Aren’t you guys going Japan?” Siwon asked. “Might as well just study there…”

“Hey dude, Japanese you know,” Junsu looked at Siwon with the corner of his eyes. “I can’t even get my Korean studies perfectly, how am I supposed to handle Japanese?”

“You shouldn’t be worrying anymore, Jonghyun had sent her home,” Hankyung stepped into the classroom with Yeon Hee. They seem to be in a quarrel. “You’re being too protective to Ri In.”

Upon hearing Ri In’s name his eyes darted up to Hankyung. “You meant Jonghyun sends her home?”

“She was sick so he sends her home,” Hankyung explained. He could see flame in Jaejoong’s eyes. “Sunbae, are you okay there?”

“Yeah…” he answered weakly.

“Hyung, we ought to leave now. Yunho hyung and Yoochun hyung are rushing us already.” Changmin ran into their class. “Have you all gotten it already?”

“We can go now,” Junsu said.

“Siwon, I’ll need to borrow your car,” Jaejoong stood up from his seat.

“Sure,” he passed him his car key.

Junsu eyes widened, “Sure? Hey, is a car…”

“Where is he going?” Changmin pointed out at Jaejoong.

“Somewhere to find his love…”

-

“It’s very hot,” Jonghyun give a blow on it before reaching his hand to feed Ri In. Uneasily, she moves away, “I’ll do it myself…”

Just when she was about to hold on the spoon, loud footsteps averted her attention. As she looks up, she sees Jaejoong walking fast towards them. In split second, he dragged Jonghyun up by his collar and punched heavily on his face and made him fell on the floor and glided then bumped on the wall.

“Jonghyun,” she shouted in scare. “Oppa, stop whatever you are doing,” she yelled as he was about to swing his hand on him again.

With anger overwhelmed him, Jaejoong grabbed hold on her wrist fiercely. “Is it because I’ve move out and that gives you the braveness to invite guys home? Am I disturbing your business here?”

“What the hell are you talking about, you don’t even know what is that you’re saying,” her face turned paler than before. “To you am I that kind of a person?”

“Yes you are,” Jaejoong flared up. “I don’t understand how could you smile happily in front your friends but give me that solemn face of yours!”

“It’s not her fault, I thought of sending her home since she’s sick,” Jonghyun wipes off the blood stain on his lips.

“Who are you to interrupt us?” Jaejoong was about to explode. He shook her back and forth, “Answer me, you like him don’t you?”

“And who are you then?” Jonghyun retorted. “Who are you to her?”

“Oppa, stop this entire nonsense okay…” she weakly answered. Before she could say another word, she had fainted in his arms. “Ri In…” he shook her a little.

Jonghyun was about to approached them but was scared away by his fierce and threatening glare, “From here on, I’ll look after her. Go away, now” he shouted.

Placing her on the bed, he was about to her uniform shirt but he doubt a little. Seeing the sweats dripping from her forehead, he immediately helps her get changed into her night dress. Wiping off the sweat, he then places a face towel on her forehead. She was having a pretty high fever. Holding on her hand, he then interlocked his fingers with hers.

“How come everything will turn out this way?” Jaejoong stared at the frail body that lied on the bed. After a month, she seems to have dropped some weight, something that hurt him.

Catch sight of her moving a little, she then gradually opens her eyes to see Jaejoong sat down by her side. “I end up fainted again, didn’t I?” she coughed a little after saying that.

“You do know about that,” Jaejoong slightly squeeze her nose tip. “I thought you don’t really care about your live or dead.”

“Did you send Jonghyun to hell?”

Helping her sitting upright, he stares into her eyes with a close distant, “Am I that cruel in your eyes?”

Returning his stare, “From what I’d seen just now, you are” she said it as a matter of fact.

“Let’s not talk about him…” he changed the topic then saw she was looking at the night dress she’s wearing. “I changed for you,” he admitted. “You were sweating due to the high temperature…I’ve no choice, and it’s not like I’ve not seen any part of you.”

“You,” she raised her hand was about to slap him. Nevertheless, the moment she sees his eyes closed ready for her slap, she halted and pulled back her arm. “Why didn’t you escape?”

“I deserve it, didn’t I?” he looked up at her. “Don’t you know how to take good care of yourself? There’s a chauffeur for you but you ignored him instead walk home back and forth every day. Are you the stupidest human on earth?” he said it almost yells.

Looking away, she was rather upset to see him not explaining to why she moved out freely not even informing her. “Why do you care?”

“I…” before he could say, his phone rings. Answering the call he recognize it was her mother’s voice.

“Jaejoong, I and your dad are in the airport now,” she said. “Get the chef to ready the dinner. We’ll be reaching in about 45 minute’s time.”

“Alright, I’ll get him prepare the dinner.” He ended the call before turning to Ri In who is staring still at him. “It’s your mom. They are back and want to have dinner with us.”

She just nodded her head before Jaejoong leaves her room.

-

During dinner, the two of them seldom talk. Ever since the day her mom married into the Kim Family, every breakfast, lunch or dinner, Ri In will sits beside Jaejoong having her mom seated opposite him. Only the two elders were happily chitchatting while the two nonstop keeping themselves busy with their rice and dishes.

“Finally the discussion had ended and we get the project.” Jung Eun said relaxingly.

“All this businesses will soon be heir by our children,” Jun Hwan said. “Ironic, isn’t it? One is devoted to the entertainment career and another is interested with anime artwork. Both of it has nothing to do with our family business…” he sighed restlessly.

“There’s something I want to inform you all,” Jaejoong placed down his chopstick. Ri In turned to him as she seldom sees him in such serious manner talking to the elders. “I’ll be leaving to Japan again, but this time will be staying there for a rather long period of time.”

Ri In was rather taken aback by what he said.

“Hey, actually you could bring Ri In along,” Jun Hwan suggested. “Since she is good in anime artwork, Japan is specialized in this, isn’t it?”

Taking a sip of water, Jaejoong then said, “She might not want to. Perhaps there is someone here that she can’t leave behind.”

“Huh…” the both elder stare at them in bewilderment. Jung Eun somehow senses something is not right between the both Jaejoong and Ri In. From the second she steps into the house, she could feel the tensed atmosphere. Brushing off the uneasiness, she slightly laughs, “Shouldn’t we pay a visit to Lotte World, take it as a farewell vacation for Jaejoong.”

They silently agreed to that suggestion.

-Lotte World-

“I’ll go with Ri In to shop around,” Jung Eun said.

“Then we’ll walk around in the amusement park, come find us when you are done with the shopping.” Jun Hwan said.

“Ri In, anything happened between you and your oppa?”

“Nothing, what would happen between us,” she uneasily answered.

“Bear in mind, he’s your brother. You ought to tolerate with him.” Jung Eun sighed. “True enough that Jun Hwan cares for you, but still Jaejoong is his son. No matter what happens, who is on the fault he’ll still in his son side.”

“I will…” she relieved as she understands what her mother concerned about. It somehow makes her feel better to know that her mom didn’t suspect them but solely believe they are only siblings.

Meanwhile, Jaejoong and his dad bought a drink and seated on a picnic table. Looking at the children running around with their parents hand in hand, Jun Hwan can’t help it but to laughs.

“Still remember when you’re small, you love horse riding. But that time you were too small to ride a horse and we end up cheating you to ride the horse of Merry Go Round.”

“Yeah, ever since then, whenever I come here, I would ask mom to accompany me for a ride,” Jaejoong chuckled.

“Don’t you miss it? Miss the ride, miss the time three of us have spent, miss your mom…”

“Aren’t you having a happy brand new life already?” Jaejoong pointed out. “Why still think of the past?”

“Perhaps, your mother was something that had become the most important thing in my life. Nothing can really replace her,” his dad admitted. “Do you know, soul mate, you’ll only encounter one right one in your whole lifetime. Losing it, you won’t be able to find another one.”

Heaving a sigh, he agreed “Indeed you’re right.” He rested his elbows on his knees while bending a little to stare on the line of ants on the floor.

“Have you met one?”

Turning his head over the shoulder to face his father, he wonders should he say it. “What if, I’ve encountered her long before your wedding?”

Frowning, Jun Hwan doesn’t really understand what he means. “Jaejoong, what do you mean? Before my wedding, what that supposed to mean?”

“Can you accept an uous love?” he looked away to see Ri In and her mom approaching them. They were linking their hands walking happily with a few bags in hand.

Jun Hwan could see a small smile creeping on Jaejoong’s face the moment he sees the smile of Ri In. He wishes his assumption was wrong. “By chance, are you…” he mumbled.

“Since aunt you’re here, you shall accompany dad,” Jaejoong got up from his seat. Grabbing hold on Ri In’s hand, it scared her to see his sudden gesture. He held on her hand naturally without caring who the people around them are. “I’ll need my sister to accompany ride Merry Go Round.”

“Oh right, that’s your favorite,” Jung Eun remembered. “Go ahead…she’ll not mind, she loves those kiddy ride too.”

Seeing them running towards the Merry Go Round hand in hand, Jun Hwan has not sees his son smiling so sincerely from the bottom of his heart ever since his mom passed away. His intuition is telling him that, Jaejoong loves his own sister. Describing this kind of relationship as uous love might be too over. After all they have no blood related at all, he thought.

“Look at those two kids…” Jung Eun laughed.

“Hey oppa,” Ri In held on the horse pole that makes it go up and down. “Stop holding my hand, they could see,” she swung off his hand.

“I’m bored with horse,” he held on her hand and dragged her away, “Let’s try the pumpkin one…” pushing her sits inside the pumpkin made seats. It was rather small for him as it was designed for children. Ri In has no choice but to endure being squeeze in it. As the ride started all of a sudden, he leans in and kisses her. It shocked her as her eyes goggled widely.

“O-ppa,” she moaned through the kiss whilst hitting on his chest. He grabbed hold on her hand and have their fingers interlocked. Feeling her calm down a little, he pulled back and looks into her eyes while slightly gasping for air. “Just stay like this for awhile, awhile is more than enough,” he pulled her into his hug.

-

Coming out from her room, she sees Jaejoong’s room door wasn’t closed. Through the small gap, she could see his bed was still in a neat state. Slightly open the door, she sees him having beer in the balcony. Intending to stop him, she entered his room. Step by step closing in their distant, she sighed.

“You still can’t throw away this bad habit of yours,” she sneered with her arms folded over her chest.

He ignored her and continues drinking.

“You didn’t even tell me you’re leaving to Japan for such long time.”

“Han River, that night I told you I’ve something to tell you and will wait for you,” he placed the bottle down not looking at her. “But you chose not to come.”

Averting the topic as she knows she had asked the wrong question again, “Should stop, it harms your health.”

“Didn’t you change all of them to soda drink?” he has another sip of the bottle of drink.

Leaning on the rail of the balcony, she stared down on the floor, “And you bought another few dozens of beer, didn’t you?”

Without her realizing, he sealed her lips after having another sip of drink in order to have her tastes the drink. She could tastes it was the soda pop she changed. Looking into her eyes, “I love you.”

She turned away as his sudden reaction and confession made her baffled.

“This will be the last time I’m telling you this,” he said while having his hand reaching for hers. “Come with me to Japan, we’ll start our life there afresh. I can don’t disclose our relationship and keep it as low profile as we could,’ he gradually pulls her into his embracement.

She can’t help but to have her tears falls down her cheeks.

Resting his chin on her shoulder, he said it barely above a whisper, “Do you know what the reason is that I moved out? It is the scariest thing to be unable to believe that you’re right here with me even I’m holding you so firmly, like now.” Giving a squeeze on her hips, he said “This is your last chance. If in five seconds you’re not getting out from my embrace, I’ll take that you come with me and if you leave…we’re really done.” Jaejoong gradually loosened his hands. “5…4…3…”

Before he could end the countdown, Ri In had tightened her arms around his waist. A rather tired smile crept on his face. “I’ll take is as a yes…you’ll come with me.”

“Jaejoong, I’m sorry…I don’t know what should I say but I can’t betray my mom, but I still have the same feeling for you.” She sobbed.

“It’s okay,” he pulled away from her. Gently, he wipes off her tear with his thumb, “Even if we have to be a secret couple or a pair of forbidden lovers, I’m willing for that. As long as you don’t run away from me, everything will do.”

“I still love you as before,” she confessed.

“I know; I knew it long ago.”

Presented by Celestine Blue
//Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love//
^-^ 090204 ^-^

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
hi im back with chapter 3...
there are 2 chapters left to ending...
hope that you all will enjoy till the very end...
i never thought my fanfic would make you cry...anyway, after finishong this fanfic, i might take about two to three weeks break before starting a brand new fanfic.
this will be a long version fanfic...perhaps a few of you know about this. i wanted to write this long ago but just didn't have the time. now that im quite free, i might be able to start it by then...

it's another brand new Suyin fanfic "My Everything" hope you all will support this new fanfic of mine...
for now, thats all...feel free to leave a comment...

^-^ Chapter 4 Preview ^-^

“Tell me, who that girl is? Is she your sister or she is your girlfriend or you’re even playing your sister since you can no longer flirt with anyone in the school?”

“I want Kim Jaejoong to explain. All of you go out.”

“I’m willing to leave the group,”

-

“Do you know how much pressure I’m handling lately? It does pain me having to guess what’s on your mind every day. I got enough of this. Perhaps I shouldn’t have bring you here.”

-

“You’re no longer my daughter!”

-

“Ri In listen to me, I was…I know I can’t use alcohol as excuse but listen…I’m still the same, I still love you…”

-

“Junsu oppa, its killing me to know in this world there’s no one else love me.”