Abandon

Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love
~ Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love ~ Chapter 4~
-Abandon-

Putting an end to their fourth album promotion activities, they leaved to Japan. Last year, they spent some time in Japan to build up their popularity; however, the result is not that promising. Consequently, they are trying another time. In order to make it successful, they plan on staying in Japan permanently for a longer period of time. Once they reached Japan, Jaejoong accompanied Ri In to register in the well known art high school in Tokyo. He was waiting patiently in the reception area with passerby kept whispering how handsome he is and it would be great to have such a good looking boyfriend. Walking down the hallway towards the reception area while flipping through the brochures, although she doesn’t understands Japanese too well, but she does understands what the girls said as they brush passed her.

Ri In looked at her brother who is seated on the couch leg crossed whilst browsing through the magazine, it does look tempting. She paced towards him. Holding on her knees, she looks into his eyes through the shade he’s wearing, “Prince charming, are you done with spreading off your charm to all the ladies here?”

Closing the magazine, he wanted to remove his shade but he knows he’s forbid. Uncrossed his leg, he gently pecked on her lips and this makes her stepped backward in surprise. “Oppa,”

“Why…you wanted that, aren’t you,” he sneered before standing up from his seat. “Let’s go, he grabbed hold on her hand and leads her out to the parking lot.

“Where are we heading to?”

“Back home, there’s something on in the office and I need to go back immediately,” he opened the car door for her. “A date will have to wait,” he stole a peck on her cheek again.

-

“All songs are ready,” Lee Soo Man stated. “You five shall get yourself prepared for the recording. We’ll begin in two days time so anything you want to do, do it in these two days.”

“Such relieve that we’ve been given a two days break,” Junsu stretched out his arms.

Gathering all the paper, he nodded “I know you guys are stressed out with all the Korea works, having needed to continue Japan work so fast, it must be tiring. But we can’t stop here.”

“We’ll do our best,” Yunho assured.

“It will end fast,” he said. “A year, it will fly by very fast. And by end of this year, you’ll be one of the sparkling stars in Japan. Music Station had invited you all for the album pre-released single promotion.”

“We’ve not even recorded any song for this album, so fast they’re inviting us already?” Jaejoong confused.

“Didn’t you all recorded ‘Survivor’ last month? It’s included in the album.” He tried to recall them. “Forgotten already?”

Yoochun shook his head, “Can’t blame us, we’ve been recording too much things lately.”

“Your sister will be staying with you all, right,” he asked. “Be careful with the surrounding. I don’t wish to have any scandal news to handle at this point. It would be worse if she’s to attack by fan girls.”

“I will look after it,” Jaejoong promised.

-

Back to their apartment, the moment they opened the door they see Ri In sleeping on the couch on the verge of falling. Jaejoong walked up to her to see how sleepy she was. The whispers from them soon had awakened her. She got up and rubs her eyes gently.

“You guys are back?”

“Why are you sleeping out here?” Jaejoong caressed on her soft raven hair. “You should have sleep in the room.”

Looking around, she pouted “There are three rooms and I’m not sure which is mine.”

“Jaejoongie, why didn’t you show him around before leaving,” Yunho poured a glass of water from the kitchen and gulped it down.

“Come, I’ll show you our room,” he held on her hand and leads her to the room.

“Our room,” she arched a brow. “What do you mean by that?”

Changmin folded his arms over his chest and teased, “Jaejoong specially choose this king size bed, from today forth, you two will be sharing the same room.”

“I don’t want,” she pouted protesting his decision.

Looking away with a smirk on face, he gently pulled her into their brand new room, locking the door behind him. “Don’t you like it?” he slightly pushed her sit on the bed. “It’s super comfy.” He gradually gets on her making her sleep flatly on the bed.

“Oppa,” she turned her head away from his stare as he closing in and sealed her lips. She could feel his hand making his way under her blouse.

Outside the room, Yunho noticed Junsu was reacting uneasily. The usual he will definitely join in, in teasing them. Nevertheless, he just kept quiet and cornered himself whilst looking at the both of them stepping into the room.

-

Next morning, Ri In as usual got up early and washes up. She was brushing her teeth and out of the blue, Jaejoong came in with his arms surrounding her and leaning on her back. This made her feel uneasy.

“Oppa, what’s wrong with you,” she mumbled with bubbles coming out from .

“Faster get it done,” he kisses on her neck before telling her, “We’re going out.”

“So early,” she wipes her face before turning to look at him.

Bending his legs a little, he patted on her head, “We’ll be really busy after these two days, shan’t waste anymore time.”

She just smiles.

-

“Are you sure with this shade only you wouldn’t be recognized by the fans?” her voice was rather loud.

“Shh…” he placed his finger on her lips. “We’ll really get caught if you can’t stop speaking this loud.” He held on her hand and walked towards the shops.

They were so happy walking together and as they reached a machine photo taking shop, he pulled her into the shop. “Let’s take picture together. I realized we’ve not take much photo together.”

Looking at the price printed on the machine, she slightly tugged on his hand, “Oppa, it’s too expensive. The size of it is so small and it doesn’t worth the price.”

“You got infected by Junsu, did you?” Jaejoong poked on her cheek. “Stop complaining. I’ve chosen this one, no more objection.” He pressed on a few buttons, “Get ready…”

Ri In casually smiles. It stunned her as he encircled his arms around her waist; standing behind her. She could feel is heartbeats. Of all sudden, he turned her around and kisses her passionately, not bothered with the machine is continuously capturing them. Wearing on his shade, his one hand pulled the curtain and the other free hand held on Ri In’s. They waited for the picture to be printed out patiently. As it comes out, she picked it up before he gets to.

Gazing on the pictures, she can’t help but to have a smile creeping on her face. Seeing that smile of hers is more than enough to warms him inside. “You do like such thing, don’t you?”

“We’re really wasting money, don’t we?” she stared on the one he was kissing her. “It’s not like we can stick these anywhere.”

“By looking at it every day is more than enough,” he snatched it from her hand then kept it in his pocket and walked away leaving her standing dumbly behind.

Perhaps she said something that had hurt his feeling, she thought. Gazing at his back view getting smaller and smaller from her sight, she wonders, was the problem occurred in her. All this while, he had tried his best in being with her but all she does was putting all the blame on him and ignored his love for her.

Striding over to him, she slipped her hand into his, “Let’s go for a movie since we still have plenty of time before lunch.” They stepped into the cinema, “I’ll go buy the ticket,” she volunteered.

Ri In wasn’t sure to what kind of movies he likes and dislikes watching. But she’s positive that he’ll definitely like comedy. As the movie started, it was really funny that the whole cinema was filled with laughs. She turned around hoping to see Jaejoong would be entertained by the movie she picked. Unexpectedly, she felt something on her shoulder as he was asleep soundly.

“You must be really tired,” she murmured. “All this while, I’ve only thought of myself but neglected your feeling. You’re trying your best to spare some time in spending with me even you’re tired but I’ll I did was complaining and going against you.” She thought and being overwhelmed by guiltiness.

After an hour and a half, the movie had ended but he was still sleeping soundly on her shoulder. She wished she could let him remained on the same position but the cleaner of the cinema was approaching them. Almost immediately, Ri in shook Jaejoong awake. With his visions still blurry, his half opened eyes looked around.

“Oppa, wake up,” she continued tugging on his arm.

It was already around 7 by the time they had their dinner. Instead of sitting by the street to try snack food, they went to a high classed restaurant. It was awkward for Ri In to having to see Jaejoong still wearing on his shade even he’s eating. Walking in the street, the both Jaejoong and Ri In still not wanting to go home yet as they continue walking without talking.

Upon reaching a rather silent with not many people street, Ri In halted, an action which made Jaejoong stopped as well. “What’s wrong?”

To his surprise, she tiptoed and kissed his lips. It was the first time having her to initiate kissing him. Just when she was about to pull away, he has no intention of letting her off. He pulled her over by her waist and deepening the kiss to a passionate one.

-

One month had passed. Ri In’s Japanese has improved pretty fast with the help of Jaejoong. Stepping out from her class, she sees a familiar figure walking before her. Increasing her speed, she wants to see who that is. It surprised her to see him.

“Kim Jonghyun,” she pointed at him with her eyes widened. “How come you’re here? You’re even wearing our school uniform.”

“What do you think?” he smirked. “My dad had been transferred to Japan so this makes me and my family came here. And I noticed that you were in this school so I came here. It’s not easy to live your life in another foreign country; definitely it is better to have an accompaniment.”

“I wonder what will happen if oppa found out you’re here,” she frowned worriedly.

“Huh…I didn’t catch that, mind repeating?” Jonghyun asked.

“Nothing important, when did you arrive?”

“A week ago,” he answered. “Yeah, you still owe me an explanation.” Ri In just looks up to him in confusion. “About you and Jaejooong sunbae, the both of you seem complicated?”

“We…” she faltered not knowing what the right word is should be uttered out.

-

Slamming the pile of newspapers and photos on the table, Lee Soo Man turned around with both his arms holding on his waist. He was furious. “Tell me, who that girl is? Is she your sister or she is your girlfriend or you’re even playing your sister since you can no longer flirt with anyone in the school?” he yelled. The photos were all Jaejoong and Ri In walking in the street hand in hand and a few of them were them kissing.

It gives them goose bumps having to see him being so enraged for the first time. “We can explain sir, it’s just…”

Yunho was cut off, “I want Kim Jaejoong to explain. All of you go out.” the others have no choice but to leave the conference room hesitatingly. “Pour it out, what’s going on?”

“She is everything that I have,” he simply answered not looking up at Mr. Lee.

“Everything of yours, she’s your sister for god sake.”

“Stepsister…” he corrected.

“Still, Tohoshinki is a group of five people. I won’t let you endanger the other four’s career. Your album will be releasing in one month’s time, have you think of them? You might put them in danger.”

“I’m willing to leave the group,” he stood up from the swivel chair. “No one could separate us.”

“We’re not going to solve the problem if you’re being so stubborn,” Mr. Lee held on his arm not letting him leave the room. “Imagine what would happen if this news and pictures spread in Korea. It’s just a matter of time. Can you figure out the consequences of this?”

He just remained silent whilst staring down on the carpeted floor.

“You said she is yours everything, do you know all five of you’re the fans everything? That girl may be in danger once she gets recognized by the fans.”

“I just can’t let her go,” he bowed his head before leaving the room to see the four buddies of his looking over at him concernedly.

Holding on Junsu’s shoulder, he assured “I’ll be fine. Sorry is all I could say.” He lowered his head, “I’ve put your career in danger again.”

“Between us,” Changmin looked at him with seriousness in his eyes, “There’s no need to say sorry.”

“What’s your next move?” Yoochun asked.

He shrugged his shoulders, “Depends on the company’s decision. Of all the things I’m doing, I could sacrifice and let hold of it with no regret but there’s one thing for sure I’ll not let go…”

“Jang Ri In,” Junsu finished off his sentence. “Go get her before she’s in danger.”

-

“Ara, I’m leaving,” Ri In placed the broom in the cupboard. “Thanks for lending me a hand. Without your help, I wonder how long it takes for me to clean the whole music room by myself.”

“They’re insane, aren’t they,” Ara said. “How could they put you in trouble time and again?”

“What to do,” Ri In sighed tiredly. “It’s really troublesome to have an artist being your brother, isn’t it?”

“You should go home, be careful on your way back.”

“I will thank once again…”

Walking down the little mountain road towards the school main gate, she sees a familiar car parked at the opposite road. In the driver seat, she could see that one person who could make her heart beats a million times faster. She carefully crossed the road and jumped into his wide opened arms. He lifted her up with his arms securely on her.

“You gained weight, are you?”

“Oppa…how could you say that!”

“Because you’re much heavier than before,” he gently pinched on her nose tip.

“Ri In…” a familiar voice waked Jaejoong up from her spell. He turned his head to see Jonghyun approaching them. “Why are you here?”

Ri In panicked upon seeing the change of expression on his face, “His dad was transferred to Japan and that his whole family moved here too.”

Turning over to the nervous Ri In, he held firm on her arm, “Has it ever come to your mind of telling me this? You won’t tell me if I don’t see him, isn’t it?”

Shaking her head left right, tears enter her eyes “It’s not like that. You were busy with work and that this small thing, I just didn’t want you to get bothered over it.” Her hand trembles in pain as his grasp tightened with each second passes by.

“Let go of your hand,” Jonghyun reached his hand over to Ri In’s, “You’re hurting her.”

Pulling her hand over higher, given Jonghyun’s height, he could not reach him. Never did he know, this action of his would hurt Ri In. “Oppa, I’m sorry. Don’t be like that, you’re scaring me.”

Wrenching her over closer to him, she could see his eyes welled with tears. “Do you know how much pressure I’m handling lately? It does pain me having to guess what’s on your mind every day. I got enough of this. Perhaps I shouldn’t have bring you here.” He shoved her over to Jonghyun with strong force that almost makes her falls on him. Getting into his car, he sped away from them.

“Oppa…” she wanted to chase after him but Jonghyun stopped him. “Ri In don’t, it’s pointless.” Turning over to him, she hardly hits on his chest, “It’s your entire fault. Why did you appear suddenly, why must you follow me wherever I go?” she knelt on the floor and burst in tears.

Showing her the newspaper, he didn’t want to spring it up to her all in the sudden. But she needed to know, “In fact, these are the pressure he meant.”

She held on the newspaper and read the headline: THSK MEMBER JEJUNG WERE CAUGHT DATING WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND!!!!

-

“Hello,” Ri In answered the call. It was her mother.

“Ri In, I’m in the coffee shop nearby your school. Will you come over for a drink?” Jung Eun sounded strange. The enthusiasm her mother usually has was fading off.

“Alright, I’ll be there in a short while,” she ended the call. Pushing the door opened, she sees her mother seated at the corner of the coffee shop. Taking a seat opposite her, she forced out a smile. “Omma, what brings you here?”

She laughed bitterly and somehow, Ri In felt it sounded evil in the same time. “Of course you don’t want me to be here. You’re afraid that I would know that you were dating with your own brother, am I right?” Jung Eun was so loud that their conversation soon averted other tables’ customer’s attention to them.

“Omma, what’s wrong,” her voice was trembling. The shivering hand of hers reached for her mother’s, “Anything happened between you and dad?”

Snapping off her hand, Jung Eun flared up, “Jun Hwan going to divorce with me. You must be very happy, aren’t you? You’re laughing loudly inside, right. With us divorcing, you’ll be able to be with Jaejoong eternally. Go ahead, how could you take away your mother’s happiness for your own sake? Isn’t that too selfish?”

Holding on her mother’s hand, she tried calming her down, “Omma, it’s not like what you see. We, nothing we can do. From the day of your wedding, I and he will only be siblings.”

“Stop lying!” Jung Eun walked away and begins to screams out in Japanese, “This daughter of mine, she’s in love with her own brother. Can any of you accept an uous love? You’re no longer my daughter!”

Each and everyone in the restaurant were looking at Ri In and the longer they see her, they recognized she was actually the girl who has scandal with Jaejoong. Some of them even took out the newspaper to have a better picture. At that moment, Ri In didn’t know what to do. Whisperings were heard and it hurts her.

“Oh god, she’s Jejung’s sister,” “I can’t imagine Jejung would fall for her own sister.” “Maybe is this girl here who arouses Jejung…such a shameless woman, doesn’t she has her own pride?”

Abruptly, she ran out from the restaurant after paying the bill and trace for her mother’s whereabouts. “Omma…” she ran over as she sees her getting into her car. Not waiting for her even Ri In was running towards her, she heartlessly drives off and she was so fast that she caused Ri In fell on the road and injure her hand. The blood nonstop falling off from her palm with her tears drenched her face.

Reaching home, she saw an adhesive memo note on the door know. Taking it off, it says they were in the studio and will be back some time in midnight and asked her not to wait for them for dinner and to have it first. As she stepped into the apartment, she hears noises coming from their room. The apartment was filled with woman perfume smell. Her heart skips to a beat when she heard a seductive voice calling her oppa’s name, Jaejoong. Moans were heard as she step by step walking towards her room. Holding firm on the door knob, she hesitated in opening the door.

“Jaejoong, are you tired already?” her voice was so tempting that every man could falls into her maze. It was like a spell she is putting on. “Another round…”

“As you wished…” this voice of his had made her gained the courage in opening the door to see Jaejoong topless getting on top of the woman who owns a great body that every man wish to have as his girl.

The girl looks at Ri In with a lustful expression, “Is that little girl another girlfriend of yours? She’s not your type…”

Turning over to the interruption, Jaejoong’s half closed eyes widened upon seeing the fragile eyes of Ri In staring at him. Her eyes were all red and the blood on her palm was dried up. Not knowing what to be done, Ri In stunned standing by the doorway to see Jaejoong immediately wears on his pants and dressed a shirt on.

“I’m sorry,” she turned away and stride over the exit.

Before she could step her foot out the apartment, a strong push on the door stopped her exiting. When she comes to realize, it was Jaejoong standing behind her.

Turning her around to face him directly, he tried to explain, “Ri In listen to me, I was…I know I can’t use alcohol as excuse but listen…I’m still the same, I still love you…”

He tried to embraces her but she immediately has both her arms against his bare chest. He could feel her hands shivering badly. “Don’t do this…leave me alone!” she ran out towards the lift.

Jaejoong couldn’t do anything but to stand still there staring at the air. Holding on his forehead, he wonders how she got her hand injured. Was it because his strong push on her this afternoon or is because of some other thing. He doesn’t know and he’s in puzzle. Guilty overwhelmed him.

As the lift gates opened, Ri In runs out and bumped into a man who is half a head taller than her. The guy held on her hand and make sure she doesn’t fall. “Are you okay,” he looked down at her to discover it was Ri In.

“Ri In, what’s wrong?” Junsu noticed the redness in her eyes. It worries him more to see her palm filled with blood. “You injured yourself, let’s go up and put some medicine or you’ll get infected.”

“Don’t bother me,” she yelled and ran off from him.

“Ri In,” immediately he chased after her.

Running without knowing where she is heading to, flashbacks of the past haunts her again. The picture of his dad’s last word before leaving her and her mother was still lives in her head vividly. Each and every words her dad she could still remember. Then remembering what her mother said and Jaejoong, it hurts her deeply. She realized, each and everyone who she loves and loved her are one by one abandoning her. Tears nonstop flowing down to drenched her face completely.

(Ri In, I can no longer stay by your side)

(You’re no longer my daughter!)

(I shouldn’t have bring you here)

“Don’t leave all alone…” she kept running. Junsu was chasing her whilst calling her name but she just ignored and continues her way towards the direction where the train will passes by. It filled Junsu in fear as he thought of it. He looked down on his watch and realized the train will be passing by in five minutes time.

Ri In stopped and cried out loudly. “Where should I go?” she held on the bar that had lowered down ensuring no one would cross the road. Hearing the sound of the train approaching, she bends down under the bar and intends to step out to the train track. Right in this time, Junsu finally had reached. Panting for air, he sees what Ri In was about to do. Running up to her, he used all his strength in pulling her backwards. Holding tightly on her, the train very fast brushes passed them.

As it went off, Junsu felt the bar is moving up, he released her to see her squatted down and burst in tears. Not knowing what he ought to do, he wrapped her in his arms. “Cry out, you’ll be fine after crying.”

“Junsu oppa, its killing me to know in this world there’s no one else love me.” she hung her arms around his neck. “One by one had abandoned me…”

Caressing on her long silk raven hair, he whispered “You still have me. Even if there’s no one left by your side, I’ll still be there for you unconditionally.”

Presented by Celestine Blue
//Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love//
^-^ 090204 ^-^

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
hey readers im back...
last week i was terribly sick and thats why i didnt update
and this week i thought i won't be able to update, im busy with my class tests and all...
however i shouldnt be keep you guys waiting for so long so i updated...hope you all enjoy this chapter...
next chapter the last and final chapter...be sure to stay tune...
check on comments list for preview...
feel free to drop a comment for this chapter...
bye bye