A Fated Meeting

Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love
~ Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love ~ Chapter 2~
-A Fated Meeting-

Closing the car door gently, she lowered her head and have her eyes looked to the right, “What brings you here, aren’t you suppose to be in a radio interview?”

“I guess something started, we ought to end it properly,” he said coldly without having a look at Ri In. This tone of his voice somehow kills her inside, it slowly killing her inside.

She closed her eyes before bringing up her head to face him, “What is that that had started? Isn’t everything ended since the day we walked into the church?”

“Our destiny is in our hands,” his cold voice almost sends fear to Ri In. It has always been a fear to have Jaejoong by her side with anybody else. Despite, she still love the moment she had with him even it is killing her, just like the past when they have always been in the Enchanted Forest. He turned her around and shook her back and forth, “Wake up stop daydreaming, Ri In.”

She just stared into his eyes expressionlessly.

“Can you say I’m no longer in your heart?” the cold tone of his had slightly softened. “You do still love me. Ever since the day dad married her, you’d changed completely. The cheery smile of yours had disappeared and all you do is daydreaming.” Placing both his icy cold palm on her face, Ri In could sees the pain through his eyes. “Stop torturing yourself…”

After a long silent, “Oppa,” she was calling him oppa again, something that leave a scar in his heart, deeply. “Stop this childish act. We’re done; in fact we’ve not started anything at all.”

Withdrawing his arms from her, his fists tightened and he it on the steering wheel before leaning his head against the seat. Seeing that reaction of his, Ri In stares still on his fists. She wanted so much to hold his hands to see did he injure himself. But she knows; she is not in a position in doing that.

“Nobody will know if we don’t disclose it and make it low profile,” he uttered without looking at her.

Looking away, she took a deep breath before saying, “There is no way for me to betray my mom. You know it, why still tell me that.”

“Is it really impossible for us,” he asked with misery filled in his tone of voice.

Closing her eyes, she straightforwardly replied “Since the day we met with our parents’ presence, we are nothing more than siblings.” Receiving no respond but only silence, she reached her hand to the door intending to step out and right at this time, swiftly, Jaejoong leaned in and held tight on her hand.

“I’ll drive you home,” he said it barely a whisper. Pulling the safety belt over, he buckled it. They were so close that she could feel his warm while he could hears her heartbeats.

-Power Radio-

“Hi everyone, I’m Park Kyung Lim and the guest here with me tonight is Asia’s top group, Dong Bang shin Ki…welcome…”

“Anyeonghaseyo, we’re Dong Bang Shin Ki.”

“It’s been such a long time since we last see DBSK in Korea. You guys have been really busy in Japan and all over Asia.”

“Yes, it’s been quite some time. Even our parents are complaining already,” Yunho stated.

“After so long not returning to home, all five of you must miss everything here…tonight, we’ve prepared many questions for you guys to answer. These are some of the questions the fans have curious about…”

“Deh…we’ll try our best in answering all your questions…” Jaejoong finally said something.

Ri In locked herself in the room revising for the upcoming examination. Usually she could focus with her studies very well, nevertheless, tonight her mind was just elsewhere. She just stares still on the words written in the note book. Looking over to the radio placed on one of the five-drawer cupboard, she sighed not knowing if she ought to turn it on. Just when she was struggling inside, her cell phone rings. It was a message.

(Junsu Oppa)
Are you listening, it won’t take you a long. Just an hour talk…don’t you want to know what Jaejoong says?

She heaved a frustrating sigh. Walking over to the radio, she turned it on and heard the unique laugh voice of Junsu.

“Is that the reason why you want me to listen?” she get into her bed while covering herself with the comforter and leaned against the comfy bed frame.

Park Kyung Lim too laughed as well. “Next question, in your opinion, what kind of love relationship is the hardest to endure and keep it on forever.”

Jaejoong held on the pen and begin to answer, “To me, perhaps an uous love would be the most difficult.”

The other members look at each other awkwardly. “uous love, Jaejoong you don’t have any siblings, do you?” she was rather shocked by his answer. Not many people know that Jaejoong actually has a stepsister as his dad and Ri In’s mother were married in Italy.

“Of course I don’t, not me,” he lied. “It is a story of a friend of mine. Of course to public, between sister and brother shouldn’t have any love exceed the boundaries. But isn’t it too cruel if they are not any blood related between them?” the other four members just remained silent and only listen to him.

“He met this girl few years before their parents get married. They never know that their parents will be getting married, they love each other very much but destiny brought them together but they aren’t fated to be with together forever. It is cruel; it seems to be killing them slowly, isn’t it.”

“So, are they still living under the same roof?”

“No, his step sister got married three years later as for him, he just engaged with his ex-classmate.” Jaejoong just made up a story that reflects his.

“If Jaejoong shi really bumped into such situation, what will you do?”

It took him half a minute to answers, “I’m a kind of a stubborn person. You forbid me from doing this; I’ll want to do it more. I might disclose our relationship and declare to the world that this girl beside me is the one I’ll love till the very end of time. Nevertheless, if she doesn’t want this, I won’t force her. I just wish to see the one I love live her life blissfully. Even if I’m to sacrifice for her, I’m willing. Every decision of hers is the thing I care about.”

“That’s reality, we always hoped something to end in the way we wished but it just won’t go as what we wanted but the other way around. In this world, it is impossible to love our own siblings and it is a fact we need to accept. So everyone doesn’t do that.” Park Kyung Lin said. “Actually, love can be really easy and simple. Loving someone, it doesn’t mean we need to have him/her by our side. Being able to see the person you love living happily and blissfully is more than enough, that’s what your friend was doing after all.

“Indeed,” Jaejoong just simply answered.

“Alright, so fast we’ve come to an end. We’ve spent a wonderful time with you guys…”

“So are we…” they bowed.

“Before leaving, Junsu shi, will you tell all the listeners the song that will be playing next?”

“Alright, the song that marks an end for tonight is ‘Picture of you’ a that lyrics written by me. Hope you all will enjoy it…bye…”

Pacing out the studio after taking picture with Park Kyung Lim, Junsu slightly squeeze on Jaejoong’s shoulder, “Give her some time, she might be struggling…”

“I know, she’s having a hard time,” he leaned his head backward to see the other three members giving him a warm smile. He turned around to face them, “That smile is scary…”

“Pretty tough huh…” Changmin commented. “I’ve not seen our Jaejoong in such pain before.”

“I bet all his ex would laugh till their stomach pain upon seeing you in this situation,” Yoochun added.

“Guys…will you stop, just give me a break…” Jaejoong sounded almost surrender.

Yunho placed both his hands on his shoulders, “Tired already giving up?”

“All I could do, I’ve done. If she really doesn’t want, I can only watch over her and stay by her side clandestinely.”

-

Switching off the radio, Ri In can’t help but to have another drop of tear falls again. She regretted, regret to switch on the radio to have to listen all those from him. Just when she turned the light dimmed, her cell phone rings again.

(Oppa)
There’s something you need to know and make a decision. I’ll be waiting for you at Han River. How long it takes, I’ll still wait for you so come if you don’t wish to see me covered by snow.

Moving the curtain a little, she looks out to the window. “It’s not even snowing…he won’t be waiting till sunrise, he has never kept his promise.” She convinced herself not to go and get on bed almost immediately.

-Han River-

Sitting on the stone bench, he stares into the water of the river. Thinking back what had happened in the past four years. He was only fifteen in that time. Living in the city of Seoul, each and everyone have their own pressure to handle and for this young boy, not only did he need to overcome the pressure from his studies but as well as the pressure from the entertainment company and his parents.

“If only I did not welcomed you into the secret place,” he sighed looking at the picture he clandestinely took when Ri In was asleep leaning against the old tree. “Why did you stepped into my world and ignored me even I’m so close by your side. Behind this closed door, am I only allowed to stand behind this door?” he thought.

-Four years ago-

Enchanted Forest, he found this place and right at this time, fall is going off with winter taking place. No one in the school realized there was such an amazing place behind the school compound, he believes. In the forest, there was a mistletoe tree. He doesn’t know what the exact reason is but this mistletoe tree gives him a feeling that it could make his wish come true. The next second, he had clasped his hands as prayer, making a wish. His parents have been quarrelling often lately. Every night, he could he hears noises from their room. A word that made him fear was ‘divorce’. He written his wish on a wooden board and hang it on one of the branch. It says ‘I wish mom and dad will not quarrel anymore’.

On that night, his parents really did not quarrel and that makes him believes that the mistletoe tree can really make his wish come true. Next day, he returns and happily spends almost the whole day in the forest. None of the group members get to traces his track. Soon it had become his habit to step into the forest that belongs solely to him whenever his class ended or having free time in between his class. Never did he know, his parents aren’t quarrelling because his wish came true but it’s because they came to a best solution: divorce. In that gloomy afternoon, he received a phone call saying that his mother involved in a serious car accident and died. Ever since that day, the members of the group can only say that he changed completely. The sincere smile that charms everyone had faded and no longer in sight. One calm fine morning, there was an hour time before his class starts. He clasped his hand and a second wish. He was really into it but somehow interrupted by a tree branch sound. Turning around, he sees a girl stood still looking at him. Their eyes were locked and the threatening stare of his sends goosebumps to that young lady.

“How did you get in here?” his voice was barely above a whisper.

“I…I…is my first…day, I’m a new student” she stammered badly. She sees him step by step closing their distant. Gaining the remaining guts in her, she bravely look up to him, “I know is my fault to bother you while you are so into the prayer…I’m really sorry will be leaving right away…”

Before she could make her way out the forest, he grabbed hold on her wrist. Looking up to meet his charming pair of eyes, she was stunned completely. “Don’t leave, since you’d entered my world,” his hold on her wrist tightens. “I have no intention in letting you leave so easily.”

It scared her to hear him say that; almost give her goosebumps. “What do you mean?” her voice was filled with fear.

He chuckled to the voice of hers, “Don’t worry,” he let go her hand, “I won’t eat you up. I just wish to make you my friend since you’re the very first person who found this place and have the courage in exploring it.”

She held her chest and heaved a sigh of relief. Stretching out her hand, she cheerily greeted, “Hi, Jang Ri In…nice to meet you.”

“Kim Jaejoong…” looking at her stretched out hand with both his tucked in the pocket, he looked straight in her eyes “Don’t you afraid being run after by those ladies out there? They are horrible.”

Ri In frowned, “What do you mean?”

A smile crept on his face upon hearing her reply. He move forward and pecked on her cheek, “You’ll know when the time comes, new girl.” He simply messed her hair as he walked past her.

“Jaejoong shi,” Ri In turned around to see him stopped in his approaching way, “You’re 16, aren’t you?”

“Shouldn’t you call me sunbae…” he smiled. “But it sounded awkward though, call me Jaejoong will do, buddy.”

-

Walking down the hallway, once again she met the guy she encountered in the forest yesterday. She was about to wave a high to him as she sees him smiling welcomingly. But to her surprise, he actually ignored her and simply brushes pass her to rest his hand around the girl stood a few steps behind her. Ri In turned around to see the back views of the pair. She was pretty with a fair skin colour, as soft as silk. Lina, if she’s not mistaken. A girl in her class that could drives all guys crazy.

“Ri In shi,”

A sudden call woke her up from the daze Jaejoong had put her in. She whirled almost fall cause by the huge bump but she was lucky that the opposite person grabbed hold on her swiftly.

“Are you okay,” he looks down into her eyes.

Stands stably from his arm, her face flushed red “Junsu sunbae, I’m sorry…I never thought you would stand behind me.”

“No worries, is my fault to call you out of the sudden. But it seems we love to bump into each other whenever we meet.” Junsu rubbed her cheek, “What were you thinking awhile ago, you seem bewildered.”

Having his head over his shoulder, he peeked on the pair stood behind him. “How did she get to know Junsu?” Jaejoong thought it was rather fast to see her get friends.

-

“Jaejoong, you’re early today,” Junsu commented with a wide smile as he walks into the classroom and seated next to Jaejoong. “You never did…”

Closing the book he was reading, he faces Junsu, “You know that new girl?”

Turning to Jaejoong, he raised a brow “Ri In you mean?”

He nodded. “Yeah, I bumped into her when she was entering the school yesterday. You know her too?”

“No…” he shook his head.

-Enchanted Forest-

“Who allow you to make wish?”

“Ahh…” Ri In was frightened as she whirled to see Jaejoong stood right behind her.

Encircling his hand around her waist, he bends her leans on his arm and whispered, “Who… tell me what wish you made…”

“I…” she stuttered. Helping her to stand still, he said, “Although I said you could come here, it doesn’t mean you can make a wish…”

“Does this tree make your wish come true?” she asked innocently. “I wish it could make mine too…”

Noticed the book placed by her bag, he realized it was the same as the one in his hand. “P.S. I love you…”

It scared her to hear those words slipped off his lips, “WHAT…”

“I meant the book,” he pointed at it whilst smile teasingly. “Your thoughts are wonderful though…”

“Yah…who say that I thought you say that to me!” Ri In retorted.

“You just admitted,” Jaejoong smirked.

Ri In pouted as she has nothing else to say. “Their love story is beautiful, isn’t it?”

“True, keep staying strong for the person you love…willing to begin a new love, that’s something her husband wished she could do,” Ri In leaned on the trunk.

He has his head over his shoulder, not looking at her directly, “You’ve finished reading the book?”

She chuckled, “You might find it weird if I’m to tell you that I love reading the ending of a book before begin reading it.”

A smile crept on his face upon hearing that, “That’s not strange as in this world there’s another person that did the same as you do.”

“Who is that?” she looked at him.

Turning to face her, he admitted “The one sitting right beside you.” He thought it would be rather easy for him to get along with her as they do have pretty much in common.

Every day, they would spend time in the Enchanted Forest under the mistletoe tree. Time passed swiftly without them having notice that two years had brush passed them. It was almost six in the evening and the sky had turned gloomy rain about to pours down. Despite that, Ri In was still in the forest. Everyone was searching for her as she’d disappeared since ten in the morning. It somehow worries the group. To all the girls, it was something they envious off to see Ri In get to move along with the DBSK boys. Junsu once brought her to SM studio and introduced her to the other members. However, during that time, Jaejoong ignored her almost all the time. And this made Ri In felt as if being stabbed by knife. As time goes by, she had finally realized she’d stupidly falls for the person who only conscious with her presence when they are in the forest.

“Will you give me the courage of confessing to him?” Ri In prayed hardly for this wish to come true.

“Jang Ri In,” she felt a firm hold on her wrist. He sounded worried. As she looked up, she sees the blonde hair guy, Kim Jaejoong. Someone who could triple up her heart beats, “Do you know the whole world is looking out for you! Why didn’t you turn on your phone? You’ve made a promise to not off it when I gave you the phone, didn’t you?”

“Why are you being so serious suddenly?” Ri In was surprised.

Pulling her into his embracement, he whispered into her ear, “Do not turn off your phone anymore, promise!”

Ri In was unsure with the felling. But she feels, somehow, this guy securing her in his arms do like her in a way. “Okay…promise, will you let me off now.”

Far away, they didn’t know that Junsu was watching them.

-

“Wow, writing love letter it seems,” her mother peeked.

“Mom…”

“For admire?”

“Sort of…but I’m not really sure if he does have feeling for me, I’ll just give it a try.” Ri In shrugged. “You’ll never know if just sit here and do nothing.”

“Wish you luck then. By the way, tomorrow you’re to meet your future dad…don’t be late.”

“Alright…” Ri In forced out a smile. She was not too fond of having her mother to get married again definitely not having a stepfather. However, as long her mother is happy with it; she’ll not oppose her decision. Her mother’s happiness is the upmost important, she thought.

-

On the next day, Ri In was waiting at the front gate of the school. As noises coming from the crowd, she knows the person she’s waiting for has arrived. Secretly, through the crowd, she was able to pass him the letter. He did not react but just walks straight ahead to his class. Somehow, she was glad that the letter did not throw off instantly by him. During break time, Ri In went to the forest hoping to see him but to her surprise he wasn’t there. It was unusual to not see him there as he always sleep under the mistletoe tree during this time. The answer will have to wait until school ends she thought. With the school bell rings, Ri In almost immediately she speeds out her classroom to the front gate. After almost ten minutes, she sees Jaejoong pacing out whilst having a phone call.

“Alright, 8 isn’t it, I’ll be there in time,” he replied and ended the call. Placing his hand back to the pocket, the girl stood at the front gate caught his sight. “Your class dismissed this early?”

It was the first time Jaejoong had spoken to her with the sight of so many people. She just nodded her head. Seeing the pale lips of hers, he removed his scarf and placed around her neck. “You’ll catch a cold,” holding on her hands, he slightly rubbed it then lowered his head and giving a warm blow to her palms. “Freezing cold, you shouldn’t be standing here.”

She was looking up still at him, “About the letter…” that was her only reason to why she is standing under such a cold weather. “Have you…”

“I’ve read it,” he cut her off. Leaning in, he whispered “I’m glad you do have the same feeling as me but I’m angry to have you initiated first.” He smirked, “I’m to confess later tonight, why you made a move first?”

Ri In frowned a little, “I thought…”

“Young master,” a guy approached him. He turned his head over his shoulder to see his chauffeur has arrived; he nodded his head before turning to Ri In; looking straight into her eyes. “I have something on we’ll talk about it tonight, okay.”

She nodded her head obediently. Seeing that cute expression of hers, he can’t help but to pecked on her cherry lips before leaving.

-Lotte Hotel-

“Mom, will Mr. Kim dislikes me,” Ri In doubted. “I think is better not meet him today,” she turned around about to leave.

“Hey,” Jung Eun turned her around, “Jun Hwan isn’t that kind of a person, don’t worry.” They slowly walked into the room as the waiter opened the doors for them. As the door opened, it reveals the two guys seated patiently inside the room.

Noticed that his dad stood up, he quickly pressed the send button and stands by his dad side. Upon looking up, the warm smile on his face faded almost instantly. Ri In, she was too shocked that she almost tripped.

“Ri In, you okay,” Jung Eun asked. Ri In’s cell phone rings, it was a message.

“Have a seat,” Jun Hwan said. Seeing his son stood still staring blankly at Ri In, he tugged his arm, “Jaejoong, what’s wrong with you.”

As she read the message, her heart ached.

(Jaejoong)
I’ll be coming over in half an hour time. It’s really bored. Not having you by my side for one minute is enough to kill me.

“Now you won’t feel that…” she mumbled.

“Huh…” Jun Hwan looked at Ri In.

“Nothing Mr. Kim,” she shook her head. Jun Hwan laughed lightly, “Don’t need to be that polite, just addressed me by uncle will do. And this is Jaejoong.”

“She’s Ri In,” Jung Eun introduced.

“Our wedding will be held somewhere in March, so you both will have to skip class for about two weeks and stay in the mansion in Rome in preparing for the wedding.” Jun Hwan explained. “I’m sure it will be easy for you two to catch up with the studies given the impressive results of yours.”

“Ri In will be fine with it,” Jung Eun answered.

“So Ri In how was your letter? Did he accept it?” Jun Hwan asked. “I heard it from your mom that you’re giving him a confession letter.”

Squeezing on her left fist with her right hand, she restrains herself from breaking in tears. “I found out that he have a dozen of girlfriends. Lucky isn’t it, it would be embarrassing to have him read the letter. He might laugh out loudly or even rejects it heartlessly.”

“How sure are you that he would reject?” the silent Jaejoong finally speaks. “You might be the destined woman that changes his whole lifetime. Change his playboy behavior and become his soul mate.”

“Perhaps I’m destined to change his whole lifetime but I’m definitely not fated to be with him until the day he grows old.” Ri In said firmly before looking away. “We’re different and it’s impossible to be together.”

“Ri In you still has plenty of time to find your Mr. Right, no worries,” Jun Hwan assured.

“May I be excused to the washroom,” she stood up.

Jaejoong too got up from his seat, “I’ll accompany you.”

“Wow, Jaejoong is being a good oppa already.”

Leaving the room, Ri In walked very fast towards the washroom, almost stride. Given his longer legs compared to hers, he easily catches her pace. Grabbing hold of her wrist, he pulled her back.

“Stop avoiding me,” Jaejoong flared up. “You’ve been escape having eye contact with me since just now, you think that will help.”

“So what can I do?” she retorted. “I never thought he was your dad. It has never come to my mind that Mr. Kim would be Kim Jaejoong’s father!” she broke down in tears.

Hugging her tightly, he whispered “Let’s tell the elders…”

“No way,” she pushed him off. “I love my mom more than anything else. I would sacrifice for her happiness, nothing can come between.”

“Not even the one you consider love of your life?”

“No, no one could,” she answered firmly.

With that answer, Jaejoong released her hand to see her stormed into the washroom. All he could do was just kicking the wall and punched it madly. It was almost impossible for him to feel love ever since his mother passed away. But he owned that feeling when he met Ri In but once again it has to be taken away. Leaning on the door, Ri In cried badly. Her heart was aching to see the sorrow planted on Jaejoong’s face.

“Jaejoong, what can I do right now, what else we could do?” she asked herself. “Nothing left for us, isn’t it?”

Presented by Celestine Blue
//Under the Mistletoe Tree of Love//
^-^ 090104 ^-^

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
hihi...im back with chapter 2...
thanks for all the comments
i was so happy to see so many comments last week...
anyway...hope that you all will enjoy this chapter...
next chapter will be updated on next tuesday...
don't forget to have a look at the comment page cos i might leave a message there...
feel free to comments...
bye for now...i need to go back to my class ^-^ bye...

^-^ Chapter 3 Preview ^-^

“To you am I that kind of a person?”

“I don’t understand how could you smile happily in front your friends but give me that solemn face of yours!”

-

“Why didn’t you escape?”

“I deserve it, didn’t I?”

-

“There’s something I want to inform you all,”

“I’ll be leaving to Japan again, but this time will be staying there for a rather long period of time.”

-

“Do you know, soul mate, you’ll only encounter one right one in your whole lifetime. Losing it, you won’t be able to find another one.”

“Can you accept an uous love?”

-

“This is your last chance. If in five seconds you’re not getting out from my embrace, I’ll take that you come with me and if you leave…we’re really done.”