Final.

Fine Feathers Don't Make Fine Birds

 

“I think I’m ready.” Luhan walked across the room while looking at Jiaheng with a determined expression situated on his face. He didn’t bother sitting down, he isn’t in need of a talk right now, he’s ready.
 
Jiaheng looked at Luhan and smiled, understanding what Luhan had meant completely.
 
Think?”
 
“No, I know I’m ready.”
 
“Good.”
 
 
 
 
It didn’t take a genius to figure out that Luhan was in dire need of help; his empty gazes and sad smiles, a glaring indication of his depression. He had everything that others would trade the world for, everything that other’s believed to be the definition of “perfection”. Luhan is handsome to say the least, his family is wealthy, and his grades are achieved with little to no effort on his part. Luhan dressed well and turned to materialistic goods, because… well, that’s what makes one happy right? Wrong. As time went by, Luhan’s inner demons took a toll on not only his emotional wellbeing, but his physical wellbeing too. That’s when one realizes what one has and how one appears to others don’t matter if one is hurting too much inside to open up. So what if one looked okay if one didn’t feel that way as well? It is times like these when people learn the value in the little things in life, to appreciate the care and love that family members and friends have to offer. It doesn’t matter if you make friends with those of high social status if they drop you the moment things go wire. It is when you crash and burn, crumble and fall, that you find out who truly deserves to stay by your side and who truly wants to stay in your life. It took the loss of Luhan’s adolescence before he finally came to realize the gravity of his condition. He doesn’t regret it though. He’s learn to appreciate his mother for not giving up, his father for trying, Jiaheng for pushing him past his limits, Meiyin for loving him despite his flaws and of course, his best friend, Yixing for waiting.  
 
 
 
 
 
“Hello, is Zhang Yixing there?”
 
“L-luhan?” 
 
 
 
 
Fin.