Chapter 11

The Canvas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 11: "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. - Emily Dickinson”

Finishing the final touches, since her wound was not as huge as it truly was, Kyuhyun warily placed the bandage over it. Seohyun smiled at him gratefully, her whole life she owed Kyuhyun more.

“Thank you oppa,” she said. “Can you drive me home?”

Kyuhyun shook his head. “I can’t use Kibum’s car. I don’t know where the keys are. I’m really tired; my mind still isn’t clearing with the smug of alcohol. Do you really want to go home at this hour?”

Her smile was very tender and sweet it melted all the queries and problems Kyuhyun had to face the next morning. His headache still swirled his sight, and he didn’t know how he could still manage it. Seohyun’s eyes expressed gratitude and drowse. She was in dire need of sleeping, Kyuhyun thought so.

“Ah, but Taeyeon-unnie will be very angry at me,” she told him. “They will worry about me.”

“Then, let’s call them and say you’re staying in here for the night,” Kyuhyun suggested. She simply nodded, not a single excuse was heard. So she did agree on staying? He picked up her phone, called Tiffany Hwang from the contacts and waited for her to answer. The socialite replied with yes, all yes. Kyuhyun insisted that she tell the others about Seohyun’s whereabouts.

“But why is she with Kyuhyun-sshi?” Tiffany asked him.

“I told you,” Kyuhyun rolled his eyes while answering, “she asked for my help with her geometry. I mean, this kid can’t even solve a freaking parabola, man. Since it’s late, and all of my hyungs are drunk, they can’t drive her back to your dorm. Tell Taeyeon-noona for me.”

“Okay, okay,” Tiffany said. “I will go tell her. Thanks for informing us.” The line on the phone was finally off.

“See, nothing to it!” Kyuhyun said, looking back only to find the girl already fast asleep. Her head was craned on the sofa, her arms crossed around her sparkly red dress. She still had her white heels on. Her hair was in any way still in place.

Kyuhyun sighed, smiling at the condition he was stuck in.

Gradually the maknae unstrapped her sandals, while placing a soft throw pillow at one edge of the armrests. Little by little, he carried her head down unto a more relaxed state, cautiously raising her legs up to the couch to make her feel like she really was already in her own bed. Quite odd it was when she didn’t even mumble or talk in her sleep when he tried to move her; Seohyun was as silent as she had already been even when awake. He took off the outer suit of his tuxedo and laid it over Seohyun so she wouldn’t feel cold for the whole night. Only that wound bothered her looks tonight---overall he was bewildered by her charming face.

He sat on the floor in front of her, crossed his legs, and watched her sleep pleasantly, her whole system undisturbed now by that experience that brought the two of them together this evening. He couldn’t resist it, he gently her long hair, amazing and splendid it was.

“Sleep well, Seohyun,” he said, still observing the girl.

Sunny and Taeyeon took a dip into the pool when the clock struck twelve, the two of them already in their y swimming wear. Sungmin who was enjoying the bottle of champagne on the other side couldn’t help gawking at his friend’s figure, the very curves she had, found in all the right places. Blushing when Sunny glanced at his direction, Sungmin immediately looked away to hide what he was feeling.

Laughing, the girl playfully splashed water towards him, wetting the innocent-looking boy. “ert.” She yelled.

He took revenge by pushing a greater amount of the water towards the two of them, sticking his tongue out in irritation.

“Don’t make me angry, Sunny!” Sungmin’s feelings of hurt were showing.

“Ah, is Sungmin-oppa still mad?” Sunny teased, she herself moving across the gap between them and stayed on Sungmin’s side for quite awhile before giving the two of them some distance.

“Yes, and don’t talk to me!” he ordered her. “Leave me alone. Why do you care?”

Sunny pouted, getting closer as she played with his glass. “Ah, because Sungmin is my oppa. And mine alone. I do care about him.”

“It’s unfitting of you to be seductive, Sunny.”

Sungmin gave her his champagne bottle as he got out of the pool, drying himself with his towel prepared a seat away, and walked without another word that had left poor Sunny to wince.

“So, did you get him?” Taeyeon asked her from behind.

Sunny’s eyes were still stuck on him as he headed for the restrooms. “I guess he didn’t want to play anymore.”

“You were the girl I hit during practice last Tuesday, right?” Siwon bravely approached the woman.

She started laughing. Siwon noticed that she had been drinking liquor during the party; the smell of her cheap perfume plus the drink made him cringe in irritation.

“Yes...that’s me you big bloke! Where’s the payment for my camera? It costs a lot, you know!” The girl chuckled openly again, as she sipped down more of the drink down . It had a sparring effect, like mint being swallowed whole.

Siwon snatched the glass from her, those big brown eyes of hers growing larger. “What for? I’m enjoying myself.”

“Yes, now,” Siwon replied, keeping it away from her as possible. “You’ll die early.” He spilled all of its contents to the ground, giving back an empty one. She merely laughed at this gesture.

“What are you, my doctor?” she responded. “Now, let’s do this more timely. My name is Choi Sooyoung. I’m 19 and I’m in the field of journalism, you got that punk?”

Siwon tilted his head sideways, hoping to understand her. “Choi? Odd.”

“What’s it to you?” She rolled her sleeves; she sounded like a man rather than woman, her actions spoke to be unarguable.

Siwon shook his head. “Nothing. I’m Choi Siwon.”

“Well, howdy, brother!” Sooyoung hugged him heartily, pulling the big man close and giving him her glass. She poured more wine in to it, as she took another one and gave herself another cheer.

“Here’s to us bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter