chuchu94 - KaJay

One-shots

Every night on the third floor, Karam would look out of his apartment window, expecting to see one of the things that would brighten his day. A man would pass his apartment nearly every night. At first, Karam dismissed the man as another handsome face among the crowd, but then he began to recognize him as he walked briskly past the apartment, once in the morning, and then in the afternoon. Despite how embarrassing it was, Karam had taken a slight liking to the mystery man with his angled face, and handsome, focused eyes. By this time, it had been a few months since he was able to pick out that face, and he was hooked. Of course, Karam didn't take it to the obsessed level, but he definitely wasn't open about it, not that there was anyone he could share it with. The 20 year old man didn't have many friends since he recently moved into this apartment to be closer to his job as an office postman, so to speak. He spent much of his time alone.

There wasn't much room for complaint, though. Even if he didn't have many friends, he still contacted his family and friends from back in the country often. His parents worried over him a lot as any would, but they supported him in any way they could. The one thing they didn't support was his homouality, but that was only because they didn't know, and Karam didn't care for them to know either. Besides, it was better for them all if they didn't have to deal with the quite possible repurcussions of a confession. So for now, he kept on with his silent observations, free from the stink eyes of many.

But as Karam's pie was cooling off, he decided to make the whipped cream to go along with it. He was going to take out his bowl and beaters from the fridge when he fumbled around for some heavy whipping cream. Oh no, it couldn't have finished, not when he needed it the most to go with this wonderful blueberry pie. There was definitely some the night before, since he added a splash to his orange french toast...when he used the last of it there. With a huff, Karam reprimanded himself for not remembering to go to the store earlier that day to get some, and it was too late now to go. So, he had no choice; he was going to check his neighbors, and ask for some, which he really didn't want to do. Although he was on good terms with his neighbors, they never really mingled more than necessary, since Karam treasured his privacy.

So with a reluctant heart, Karam walked from his apartment and trodded over to the next one and knocked. The near elderly Ms. Woo answered her door and greeted warmly the man she hadn't seen in a while. Karam bowed back, but he was determined not to get upheld with conversation, so he quickly asked if she had any whipping cream. Unfortunately, she didn't, so Karam had to try the middle aged Mr. Jung next, who he thought was quite attractive. He didn't have any either, and it seemed that no one in this entire floor had any whipping cream. Karam had no choice but to try upstairs, where his luck would be much better, in more ways than one.

Karam walked up to the door on the third floor and knocked, after which someone came to answer it. When the door opened, a woman in her late thirties opened the door with a smile. The man introduced himself as someone from downstairs, the woman, Mrs. Jeon, recognizing them. They exchanged a few words before Karam got to his main point. Mrs. Jeon thankfully nodded and said she had some, so she called Jihwan to bring it, whoever he was. It was a bit shocking for Karam when this Jihwan came to the door and he recognized the other as the handsome man he had watched from his window, never knowing that they lived in the same building. Jihwan must've used the back entrance since the stairs leading there were closer to their door. It took a few moments of waving a carton of heavy whipping cream for Karam to get over his shock, forcing an easy smile as he thanked them and waved goodbye.

He would have to run out of whipping cream more often. And hopefully next time, he would catch Jihwan alone and they could...ahem.