DonghosPrincess - Changbum (100%)

One-shots

Pushing up his sunglasses, Changbum walked through the busy streets, completely content with his life. He was quite a popular model with Pineapple Studios, regularly posing with different brands of clothing from school uniforms to artistic outfits. The living he made was enough to support himself while he was still attending college. Changbum lived on his own and was quite happy. That is, until he met someone that would make him rethink his "I've got everything" mindset.

On the way to get his morning coffee, Changbum hadn't perfected his appearance yet. All of that would get done in the studio. He opened the door to his favorite cafe and went inside, taking off his glasses when he reached the counter where a young girl was bent down, busy with something.

"Biggest americano you have," Changbum said nonchalantly.

Right as the barista stood up to heed the order, Changbum's jaw dropped open. He had never seen such a beautiful barista. She nodded curtly and went over to make the coffee. Changbum took several breaths while the barista wasn't looking to calm himself down. He really regretted not spending a bit more time on his looks that morning.

"Anything else?" the girl asked as she came over with the cup in hand.

"Are you new here?" Changbum asked instead. "I haven't seen you before."

"Yeah, I just started."

"What's your name?"

"Tica."

"Well, Tica, I hope I'll see you more often," Changbum winked as he gave her some money then left.

Tica was left standing there blushing madly.


When he finally went home to bed, Changbum couldn't stop thinking about the new barista. She had made such an impression on him. Tica smiled with a twinkle in her eyes as she took his order. Never once did she show any signs of annoyance or defiance. That was something he couldn't say about other people that he encountered. He was going to see her again, there was no question about it.

The next morning, Changbum went back to the cafe in hopes of seeing Tica again. This time, he had spent considerably more time trying to make himself look better, and not like he had just woken up and went over.

"Hello, may I help you?" a different male barista greeted as soon as Changbum came in.

"Uh, hi," Changbum smiled. "Is Tica here?"

"No," he answered, "she quit saying she never wanted to see you again."

Changbum felt his heart being ripped to pieces.

"Whoa, I'm kidding," the barista raised his hands. "Sorry."

"Don't do that," Changbum put a hand over his heart.

The barista apologized again and ran off to some employee-only room. Changbum was left standing there for a few moments. It was then that he finally realized that he didn't even know what he was going to say. He quickly tried to come up with something, but he was too slow.

"You," Tica said from behind him.

"Oh, hey," Changbum turned around. "Good to see you again."

"I don't even know your name," she crossed her arms and pouted.

"I'm sorry, I left without introducing myself yesterday, didn't I?"

"Yeah, you did."

"I'm Changbum, a model."

"It's nice to meet you," Tica bowed. "I'm--"

"Tica," he interrupted. "I remember." He smiled very brightly and bowed back.

"W-well," Tica stuttered and blushed, "what can I help you with?"

"I lost something when I came in here yesterday. I think it was stolen."

"When I cleaned up last night, I didn't find anything unusual."

"That's funny, because you're the one that stole it."

"What are you accusing me of, sir?" Tica began to feel uneasy.

"You stole my heart, miss."

After the confession processed, Tica hid her face and laughed. She wasn't expecting something like this to ever happen, let alone with one of her customers. Changbum confidently stepped forward and smirked.

"So," he began, "would you like to go out with me when you're shift's done?"

Tica looked at her coworker and pleaded with her eyes. The other barista smiled and nodded her head.

"I'll go with you now," Tica beamed.

The two ran out excitedly and spent the rest of the day together.