Understanding

Convey Your Love

 

 
 
"You're saying we learned a language in a minute,"I asked in disbelief. Did they lose their mind in a gun shooting or something?
 
"This is hard to explain but when Sunggyu  bit you  he shared information about the Korean language to you. Before I'm sure you heard an accent on us but now we don't have one because we're speaking in korean, our native language," the manly one explained.
 
"I still don't get why me and Minhae 
have to be kidnapped just to learn the Korean language," Yoonhae muttered in frustration. I completely agree with her, and that doesn't happen often.
 
"We taught you the Korean language for a reason. We want you to work at our restaurant," the squinty eyed one said ,"Hi my name is Kim Sunggyu. I'm the oldest in here."
 
"Okay. You kidnap random Asian girls from America, teach them Korean for what? To get them to 
work for you? That makes no sense. Just hire girls from Korea," Yoonhae explained with dangling open. I have no idea what they're thinking either.
 
"It's hard to explain," manly said ,"Anyways this is our house. We hoped Minhae and Yoonhae would share a room."
"Wait, that scary place is our room,"I muttered under my breath. They are restaurant owners so they must know how to butcher cows. I like beef but I don't want to become one. 
Squinty eyed grinned while the rest laughed. What the heck? That's not funny.
"Don't you like aegyo," Sunggyu, squinty eyed, teased.
 
"Oppa~ don't be silly," I giggled and leaned on Yoonhae. If I'm stuck in here I might as well have fun.
 
"Ah, there it is. Don't do that though," Sunggyu paused, thought and said, "One of the reasons we didn't want a Korean girl was because they do aegyo and we hate aegyo. Hate it."
 
   Me and Yoonhae looked at each 
other. We both liked aegyo on Korean boy bands. Guess we shouldn't share that little fact.
 
"Anyways lets introduce each other," the manly one said ,"My name is Hoya."
 
"Sungjong. I'm the youngest. Maknae in your Korean boy band terms," he joked. Sungjong was young, flower boy-ish and spoke with a high innocent voice.
 
"Sungyeol. I'm fun,"he said simply and laughed. He had a very cute wide smile, if what he said is right, his face and personality match.
 
"Myungsoo," he said quietly. Myungsoo was mysterious, handsome, and had the coolest eyes.
 
"Dongwoo. Let's eat awesome food together,"he said loudly. Considering where I am I shouldn't be giggling but he made me smile. He was adorable. I laughed and looked at Yoonhae and mouthed 可爱 to my friend. (可爱 means cute in Chinese)
 
"Woohyun. I have infinite awesome abilities," he spoke in English. Man that came out awkward. I whispered into Yoonhaes ear,"Weird." She nodded her head in agreement.
 
"Why don't you introduce yourself," Myungsoo spoke quietly.
 
Yoonhae introduced herself first,"My name is Park Yoonhae. I love KPOP and it's been a dream of mine to go to Korea. Though not like this," she spoke firmly until she said that last sentence. She smiled at me and winked. 
"My name is Lee Minhae. I agree with her," I laughed and sat down. I hate introducing myself, I find it nerve wrecking.
 
"I think we should call it a day and tomorrow we'll explain everything in detail," Sunggyu said. I guess being the oldest means you talk the most.
                   ***
"Minhae, do you think you want to do this," Yoonhae asked as she tied up her long black hair. 
 
"I think I do. I'm going to miss my family but something feels right about this," I explained. I meant it. I don't know why I feel drawn to this place.
 
"I agree. We finally get to be in Korea," Yoonhae jumped on the bed that we're sharing. Funny how two days ago I couldn't even sleep over at her house. 
 
"I can't believe we're working at a restaurant. Weren't you supposed to a doctor," I wondered. Maybe fate is going to bring us somewhere else.
 
"Who knows," Yoonhae laid down and closed her eyes. I smiled and slapped her lightly. 
 
"Wake up. We have to go out there,"I yelled into her ear. That should wake her up. Man I love her.
 
"Okay I'm leaving you," I got up and left to go into the living room. 
I like this room a lot better than Yoonhae's and mine  Oh my god, what's that smell? I hate the smell of kimchi. I crinkled my nose. Disgusting.
 
"About time. Your shifts about to start," Sunggyu looked up from his newspaper. What is he? 70 and a grandpa? Must be. Who reads a newspaper? Sunggyu stood up and handed me a black box.
 
"This is your flute. Your job is to play quietly. If you hate that, we can change your job later," he said,"Go."
 
"You don't have to be in such a rush," Myungsoo said ,"Let them rest. Let's just close the restaurant today." I was thankful for his suggestion. I want to get used to this place before I start working here.
 
      Thankfully Yoonhae walked out and groaned at me. I laughed and winked at her. She loves me. 
 
"You guys are the worst kidnappers ever. You guys don't have clothes, toothbrushes, or anything important a girl would need," Yoonhae is not happy with them. I couldn't help but laugh under my breath.
 
"We didn't expect to find a girl that fast," Myungsoo looked so lost on how to explain why he was a bad kidnapper. So cute. 
 
"Let's just go shopping," Dongwoo grinned and wrapped his arms around Hoya,"How about it?"
All the guys smiled and gave Sunggyu puppy eyes. 
 
"Fine, but I'm not shopping with Woohyun. He makes me go broke," Sunggyu teased and dangled the car keys.
 
"Fine. Let's split up. Yoonhae, Minhae,  me, and Myungsoo in one group. Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungyeol, and Sungjong in another group," Sunggyu suggested. Whatever he said was accepted; must be one of the props of being the oldest. 
***
   Me and Yoonhae fell asleep on the car ride to the mall in Seoul. We still weren't used to the time zone change. Me and Yoonhae tried to hide it as hard as we could but we were tired. Myungsoo tapped on our shoulder to wake up since we were at the mall.
 
"Don't worry about the price of anything. Sungyeol's dad is rich. We all have a joint account so it doesn't matter who you shop with," Hoya explained. Amazing, they're rich but they have to go to America to get free labor.  Hoya and the rest walked away from me, Yoonhae, Sunggyu, and Myungsoo.
 
"We have a reason why we split into groups like this. We wanted to explain the bond between us and what is going on," Sunggyu explained quietly.
 
"Its hard to explain. Yesterday you met us first out of all of us because me and Sunggyu are the only ones who can transfer," Myungsoo scratched his head while trying to explain to us what was happening. Why does he look so stressed? Their explanation still didn't explain anything. I actually feel more confused than before. 
 
"Hold up. What's this transferring? Is this even humanly possible," I earnestly asked. Its not my fault im lost. Their explanation didn't give us any hint on what's going on. 
 
"Transferring is when we bite into a girls neck and give her all our memories and anything we know.  But like all things it comes with a consequence. If you wanted to, you could search though all my memories and fears but I can do the same. Secondly, it makes us.. Connected. Whenever you're having surging emotions like deep pain or worry I can sense it. That's why when we bit into your neck you could learn the Korean language because we specially wanted you to learn it. The sharing thoughts and connection thing was just a bonus we couldn't stop. To answer your second question, it's not humanly possible because we're not humans. Me and Myungsoo are both male descendants of Hermes," Sunggyu explained quietly so that no one would overhead and send us to a psychiatric offiice. 
       I looked into Yoonhaes eyes for some sort of explanation. I need her right now. She was the only familiar thing I had right now. Sunggyu was just freaking me out.
 
"Wait, Hermes? The Greek god with that winged shoe," my best friend made me laugh. She had a point. 
 
"Hermes mated with a human girl and we came out. I have no other way to explain why we don't have winged shoes," Sunggyu laughed as he said his ridiculous comeback. 
 
"You're very nice and funny but how come yesterday you guys acted like psychos," I askd seriously. 
Myungsoo and Sunggyu looked at each other laughed.
 
"Only some girls are compatible with us enough to be bitten so whenever we find one that's compatible we can't control ourselves. That's why we chose you specifically. Our minds have to be able to mesh together perfectly," Myungsoo explained. Ah that made sense. I understand enough to trust them. I grabbed Yoonhaes hand and jumped out of the car. 
 
"Let's go shopping," I smiled and breathed the fresh air. Fighting!