Red balloons

Convey Your Love

 

-Chapter 9-
 
-Minhae-
 
"I don't want to go," I complained to Yoonhae. Aegyo won't work on her right? 
 
"Don't you dare do aegyo. I don't want to go either," I muttered under my breath as Yoonhae told me. I sat down and looked at Yoonhae.
 
"Why is school so important," I pleaded with my eyes to Yoonhae. I knew the reason but I didn't want to admit it.
 
"I don't know. But this is for the better. We can go to school, get our degree, and then do what we originally planned to do," Yoonhae reassured me and herself.
 
    I groaned and muttered to myself all sorts of complaints. I know Sunggyu and Myungsoo are sending us because they want the best for us. I hate playing the flute but I hate school too. They better not send me and Yoonhae to an all girl school...
                ***
~Yoonhae~
 
"Hello. My name is Park Yoonhae. I hope you can take care of us," I introduced to myself. I said it just like in the few dramas that I hated but watched.
 
"My name is Lee Minhae. I hope we can become friends," Minhae said quietly. 
  
       We walked to our seats in our uniform. I wouldn't call it a uniform because it's just as short as the kind of things Korean girls wear on the street. Yes, it was that short. I started to fall asleep as the teacher try to explain the English language parts of speeches. I'm glad this is going to be period I don't have to pay attention. Thank god I was born in America..
                   -Minhae-
"So you and Myungsoo talk a lot more now," I asked while genuinely smiling. 
           Yoonhae and Myungsoo seemed to be closer ever since the masquerade party but I wasn't sure. Myungsoo was so mysterious it was hard to tell whether he was happy. I've been spying on them honestly. It's been really interesting seeing them grow. It started with a soft hand brushing against Yoonhae's shoulder to a piggyback with giggles of joy. I wonder if Sunggyu and I look like them. Innocent and gentle.. it's heartbreaking  to see Myungsoo reach his hand hesitantly to reach for a hug, for a kiss. I wonder if Sunggyu has ever looked at my back or my face and had an urge to touch me. I wonder if Sunggyu looked me in the eye and looked beyond the connection that sealed our fate. And lastly I wonder if he'll, no if we will go past the words conveyed and descendent. Yoonhae feels the same way too right? 
 
"Yeah! We're a lot closer now," Yoonhae smiled to herself and looked down at the floor. I rolled my eyes happily and started walking down the short, colorless walls of our school. I missed America in many ways. I miss the loud hallways with the ghetto girls that would secretly talk behind people's back. It seemed so more real
than the aegyo girls who kissed their boyfriends . If I were single I would want to try that feeling of trying to find that one person who accepted me. 
       The colorless walls slowly came to an end. Sparks of color happened at the end of the hallway. Two kids chairs that were dysfunctional yet it made the school grow with warmth. I sat down in the neon green wooden chair that was clearly way too short for my body. Yoonhae sat in the other chair and we just rested our heads on each other.
 
"We'll be okay right," Yoonhae asked the question that seemed to reassure herself more than it would to me.
 
"Of course. Even if Sunggyu and Myungsoo end up hurting us we'll still have each other," I closed my eyes and remembered those words as insecurities hung over me and Yoonhae's head.
 
"I hope Santa Claus brings you many surprises," a young man with long dark hair smiled at the both of us. He looked around two years older than us. With his long hand extended he handed the both of us a balloon that felt cold against my warm hands. I bowed my head in respect. This balloon was bright red againist my cream skin .
 
"Oh that reminds me. Sunggyu and Myungsoo are taking us to the visit Santa," I told Yoonhae as I looked at the intriguing balloon.
 
"Seriously," Yoonhae laughed and raised her eyebrows.
 
"Yep. Let's go. School is finally over," I screamed and jumped from the seat. I don't know why but me and Yoonhae both brought our balloons without even thinking...
                     ***
"How was school," Sungggu asked me. I glared at him. Sunggyu lifted his hands and laughed
 
"Can we get different school uniforms," Yoonhae asked the two guys. 
 
"It's fine," Myungsoo joked. Yoonhae pushed her arm against his.
 
     All of us cheerfully walked into the malls center, where Santa Claus was located. The feeling of Christmas brought us to smile at each other and patiently wait for the lap of Santa Claus. We watched as child after child sat on Santa Claus' lap and told him their hopes. Finally the "elf" (lol any super junior fans)  in charge decided to let me and Yoonhae sit on Santa Claus' lap at the same time. I don't know how that's going to work but whatever. We both sat on his lap with the balloons the stranger gave us in the schools hallway.
 
"You should leave," Santa Claus' voice nearly growled at us.
 
"Um.. Okay," I barely spoke. I don't know why he is being so cranky. I rose from his lap when he interrupted my train of thoughts. 
 
"Not my lap.. But here.. Korea," he saw his manager look at him in the eye and the "Santa" started to smile and laugh.
 
"What are you talking about," Yoonhae smiled back to Santa as sarcastically as he did.
 
"You're going back to America. You are going back. Because if you don't Minhae will die."
 
______Authors note_______
I'm sorry if I haven't been updating as fast as I used to but I was writing this contest entry that was due on Feb 1st but now I'm finished and I will write more since this is my only ongoing story. I think I improved in terms of writing style so I will try to incorporate what I learned. Please continue reading ^^