He who comes

Convey Your Love

~Chapter 5~

"Where is she," the mysterious man said loudly, right after he walked into the room.
"Right there, sir," Sunggyu looked apologetically to me and then pointed at me. The man looked at me and gave the creepiest smile my eyes have ever seen. Even though some might describe him as y, in my opinion, he was like a cat. The way he moved was so fluid. 
      He followed Sunggyu's hand, smiled and started to walking towards me. The stranger steadily wrapped his hands around my hips. Am I supposed to move because I can't. Sunggyu made me feel hot but he made me feel the polar opposite. His unfamiliar hands pulled me into his body as if he was about to hug me, but then he quickly changed positions and lifted me to his shoulders. 
 
"Be calm. It's only going to hurt more if you move," he smirked. When he smiled only a corner of his mouth went up. His smiles weren't conveying happiness, it was conveying his power, his confidence. The lights in his eyes never lit up with happiness. It looked empty, just like him.
        All this time I've been thinking its a stranger, a random person who came in the restaurant, but I was wrong. But I don't want to be wrong, I want this to be a stranger. My heart tells me that this is the booming voice that stated he owned half of my soul, but my mind tells me I'm wrong. It's unreasonable to think anyone, out of the millions of people in Korea, would be the one guy I'm looking for.
 
"My innocent conveyed, don't be so troubled by who I am. But I'm very pleased you can tell me right away. Our connection must be strong," he said, clearly pleased I knew who I was. Weird how Sunggyu can only sense my emotions when I'm about to sleep but this guy can sense it even though we just met.
 
"Your thoughts are making me extremely worried. I have so much to explain to you, so much to teach you," he spoke.
 
"You have nothing to teach me. Can you please let me go," I complained. I hate being around arrogant people. What makes you do different from other people that you feel like you should push everyone down?
 
"I'm guessing you don't like me," he looked at me and I just nodded my head, "We can fix that.."
                        ***
    I woke up next to him. If this keeps happening I might get used to sleeping in other people's bed, practically good-looking Korean men that own part of my "soul." Wasn't I complaining a week ago how I wanted to move to Korea and get a Korean boyfriend? Hm.. I'm starting to believe in the saying be careful of what you ask for. 
 
"여보 (honey), are you going to wake up soon," he asked. Man I thought I was the only one awake.
I'll just remain being unresponsive. 
 
"Don't be like that. I actually have a good reason why I kidnapped you, unlike Sunggyu. Dumbo. Which brings me to my next point, my job today is to help you reach your inner yang," he laughed at his own stupid joke, when he received  no laughter he just smirked.
 
"My inner yang? If you mean hang out in the movies and eat ice cream, then no. I'm not interested in being here," I sarcastically said. I'm bitter today. I smiled at how hostile I sounded.
 
   He returned my favor with an identical smile, "That's not what we're doing. I'm helping you become a better conveyed." I really yearned to make a witty comeback but I held back. He could really help me. I at being a conveyed.
 
"You have to want to do it. You have to believe we're meant for each other. Just imagine how perfect our minds and souls match. Out of all the people in the world, you're my match," he closed his eyes, completely serious, "I need you to do something really weird. I need you to bite my neck. It's because that's they way I got into your conscious." 
     If it turns out to be a fluke I will rip out his neck like a vampire. I really hoped his eyes stayed close. I don't it to be an awkward moment. I took a long, deep breath and slowly got closer to our laying bodies. I sat up and grabbed his neck. My heart started pounding as if it knew where I touching. Most people would start describing what he smelled like but my sense of smell disappeared. I could only feel my fingers touch his neck. Bending my neck I hesitatingly opened my mouth and took a small bite from his neck. I imagined our souls fitting. I put aside our differences; we were perfect for each other. Everything fit: physically and mentally. It sent shivers down my back.. Just asking that question to myself. Are you my soulmate..
                 ***
        Last time I was surrounded by darkness but now it looked much more natural. I was in a bright, healthy meadow. But if I looked closer I could see tiny things laying on the ground. I walked over to the mysterious stuff. I gasped. My head was laying on the ground. What was it doing there? Am I in a horror movie? I jumped like I was a professional high jumper. Who the heck would touch me in my own conscious? Maybe it wasn't someone.. I'm scared.
 
"Its okay. It's me.. Wait do you know my name," the anonymous said.
 
"No. Please dont scare me like that," I begged. I hate this place.
Is this my conscious. Right now it's scaring the out of me.
 
"My name is Park Jaeho. You're in my conscious. Sorry if your head scared you. This is my precious stuff pile," he explained as if it was as simple as pie.
 
"Whatever. Let's get to business," I remarked.
 
"Okay. You can do this with Sunggyu. I'm just teaching the basics to you. Practice with Sunggyu. You understand? Good," he said pleased I nodded my head, "Okay I need you to tell me where you come from."
 
"New York," I answered in confusion. How does that matter?
 
"No, which god do you duplicate," Jaeho said, shaking his head. What the heck is he talking about?
 
"No.. I'm the conveyed. Your job is to duplicate," I replied, making it very obvious I was lost. 
 
"Man, I hate biting. Look I need you to allow me to bite you so I can find out whose god you duplicate," he looked.. dreadful. 
 
       His eyes told me he didn't want to bite me. Why? His pace was so face I didn't even feel he was getting closer. Then he just bit me. I closed my eyes expecting to go into some weird conscious thing but I opened my eyes and Jaeho looking at me.
 
"Eleos, the goddess of compassion or mercy," he said. 
He sighed in relief.
 
"What does that mean for me? For us," I asked.
 
"Every conveyed has powers once it's bitten. The reason descendants exist is to awaken people who have personalities of goddesses. The conveyed powers depends on the god you duplicate. You're the goddess of compassion. Very strange.. I'm going to need you to think of a situation where you felt mercy. You couldn't stand to look at it. Pretend I'm that person," he demanded. It was interesting to see him be so determined. 
     I closed my eyes and imagined a time I shouldn't think of. I imagined when I went to a place I didn't want to visit. I thought of when I went to a small village in Vietnam. Seeing kids my age work till their hands bled, but still they ate less than me. Seeing their own body being a burden. Struggling to keep up with their physical health. I just can't stand thinking to that time.. I started crying. I don't know I'm ten times more emotional about this. Don't be like this Minhae. Crying doesn't do anything. Dream of a happier place. Dream of a happier place. No ones struggling. They can go to school. They have a chance at survival, at a wonderful life. They do. One of them is with me. I can help him. I reached out both my hands until I found his arms. I pulled him into my arms. 
    Suddenly I could no longer feel any physical skin-ship. I felt his soul, his mind, his conscious. How do I describe it? I felt my own soul embrace his, no doubt in my mind. Why wouldn't you help someone in pain?  
                *** jaehos memory 
"What are you doing? You dumb- child," my mom always yelled. I don't know why. Other peoples mom always tells them good job on their alphabet but my mom just yells.
 
"Why would you bite her? Do you want me to end up like me? Even though your fathers died I have to hold his soul in me. It hurts like hell. Do you want her to feel burdened by you? Huh? Little boy look at me in the eyes! Look how young she is. She's crying to her mom. Not knowing she sold her soul to a 5 year-old no life child," she dropped a bomb on me.
       I didn't mean to hurt her. It felt right. I felt her soul call me. Is she going to suffer? Is she going to be okay? Why is she crying like that? No don't walk away. I'm sorry..
                  ***
      Pain shouldn't happen to little children. Kids are supposed to make mistakes. Everyone should forgive themselves. Everyone. I prayed for the boy: prayed for his happiness, prayed for him to receive forgiveness, to receive forgiveness. He deserve another chance. He does... 
 
                ****
     I opened my eyes and found me and Jaeho both in tears. Man did I do that to him. He looked like the unresponsive type of person but he was sobbing right now. What happened? Did he have to go through  that kids sadness? I hate my powers.
 
"Are you okay? What happened," I worried for him.
 
"Nothing, nothing. I just never expected your powers to work," he said through his tear-
            ****
"Let her out," me and Jaeho looked at each other. I got up and opened the door. Sunggyu looked like crap. I haven't known him long but his hair looked better yesterday. 
 
"Thank gosh. I thought you were going to miss your shift," Sunggyu smirked at Jaeho. Slowly he wrapped his hands around my hips. He pulled me in as if he was going to hug me but then he quickly changed positions. He picked me up. I smiled and waited for him to whisper to me.
 
"Don't move. I can't injure you now. We have to practice your new powers," Sunggyu winked,"That's right. I can sense your mind too." 
 
 
 
_______