Find my Soul

Convey Your Love

 



"Okay everyone settle down. The MLK KPOP club did a good job right," Mrs. Brown screamed energetically. 
      Me and my best friend screamed in response. HECK YEAH WE DID A GOOD JOB! Panting, me and Yoonhae smiled to each other. Slowly I rose to the claps of my peers and sat in our seats in the front row. Haha I love this feeling. I worked hard for this performance. KPOP pride for life!!           
 
         I grabbed Yoonhaes hand. My best friend did great too. We worked hard together. I smiled. I knew this year was going to be great. Our principal took the stand. Weird, she normally looks so calm but today she looks frightened, like a deer. Slowly behind her a big Korean man stood behind her head with a gun.
 
 "What's happening," I whispered to Yoonhae. I looked into her dark chocolate brown eyes. No one could calm me down like her yet today her eyes set off a warning today. Everyone in the crowd has the same feeling and starts to scream. We all feel anxious. 
 
"Okay I need everyone to be quiet. These men want something very simple from us. The CIA already approve of this so everyone be calm. The CIA wouldn't hurt us right," she said slowly. Even though her voice showed no shaking, we all know her eyes reveal how her soul felt: alarmed. 
 
"Basically these men are going to walk around and just observe you guys. Whatever you do. Don't talk,"she begged. I may be going crazy but she looked into my eyes and gave me a warning. Yep.. I'm paranoid.
 
"Should I be worried," I whispered to Yoonhae. I didn't move my head. The principal might not have looked at me but I still think that fake warning is a premonition to stay quiet.
 
"OW OW OW,"Yoonhae screamed. Heck! Why is these guys pulling on both of our heads?!
 
"Follow me," the men whispered into our ears. His voice made my skin crawl. 
       The very thought of following this Korean mafia thing made me want to hide under a rock. I carefully followed Yoonhae as we walked out of the auditorium and into the parking lot of our school. Somehow I don't think I can call it our school if I'm about to die. 
 
"Look here. I need you to be very quiet. You will shut up. Araso,"the big fat Korean one said to us in a heavy accent. Wow, Korean men really do try hard. Even though he wasn't hot he had eye-liner on. Amazing!
 
"ARASO,"he screamed. Yoonhae nodded for me. Yeah I should text my mom goodbye. I'm going to die.
"Aish! The one with paler skin doesn't seem to understand what's going on. Let's just drug them,"he whispered. Yoonhae touched my hand and squeezed it. Everyone was going to be...
                   ***
"Wake up sunshines,"a young Korean man smiled to us. Even though he smiled I still sensed his consciousness saw us as kittens. Weak and useless, playthings.
 
"I'm guessing you two don't speak Korean right? I know you like KPOP. Am I right,"he asked as if we were friends to be. Like I wanted to be here. Yoonhae leaned her head on my shoulder. Great. They drugged her too much. 
 
"Yes, you're right but can you please help my friend. Please tell us what we're doing here,"I pleaded. I'm not in the mood for people's game. If I'm about to kidnapped I want to know about it.
Wait. I'm already kidnapped.
 
"I can't tell you why you're here yet but my friend here is a doctor and will gladly help you,"he smiled as he spoke. He's like that scary cat in Alice in the wonderland. Though he smiled you sensed he was feeling the opposite of what's on the mask he puts on. His doctor friend came close to Yoonhae. I don't know what he's doing but slowly the color in Yoonhae's face returned. I sighed. I can't stand looking at her being so pale. 
"Why don't you two go to sleep? We have a long drive," he said softly. His voice was like butter: fluid and river-like. Why not...
                ***
"I want to bite this one."
"No, I like this one. She looks easier to take control of."
"Minhae, wake up,"Yoonhae slowly whispered to me. I peaked at her face. She's pretending to be asleep but I understand why. Their conversation isn't something I want to wake up to.
"Sweethearts, you're awake now,"one asked," I don't want to know why they know me and Yoonhae are awake. I don't have any desire what so ever to open my eyes. I'll just keep them closed like this.
"What do you want," Yoonhae whispered. Man, there goes my plan. I carefully opened both of my eyes to find better looking Korean men than yesterday. One was fit and had very manly feathers while the other was skinny and had very squinty eyes 
"Oh it's not our job to explain. Our job is just to, oh how do I explain. I'll just show you," squinty one purred. I'm freaking scared now. Quietly he walked closer to me. No! No! You will not touch a single cell on me. I closed my eyes. I didn't want to watch what he was going to do. He laughed quietly as his mouth got closer to my neck. I can't feel my brain...
                  ***
       I woke up in a very pink, aegyo style room. Considering my circumstances this makes it feel much more frightening. I looked at my innocent worn out sleeping friend. Those.. Oh my god.  I can't even describe how I feel right now. At least they have the decency to put a mirror in the room. Hooray! We can look in the mirror even though we got kidnapped and should be worried about our lives . I looked at myself in the mirror. My normally pale neck was bruised and blue. Dang.. What did they do to me?
"Yoonhae wake up," I whispered. No matter what we need to stay quiet. 
"I know you watch Korean dramas, but please stop talking in Korean. I can't stand it. It gives me a bigger headache," she muttered. I laughed a small laugh. Wait.. I didn't speak in Korean. I was speaking  in English. 
"Ah, these girls figure out fast," the manly one said, obviously pleased 
 
"What did we figure out," I'm irritated. The only reason I'm not running away is because Yoonhae is passed out.
 
"That you speak Korean now,"he smirked. Why does he act like its obvious?
 
"What," I asked.
 
"Just follow me, my ideal type," he teased and then winked his eye. When he winked at me I felt like dying. He walked past me and picked up Yoonhae. What the heck man? I guess I have no choice but to follow him into a much calmer looking room.
     It was a calm blue room with modern looking furniture. 7 guys, including the squinty eye and manly, sat around a floor table. They all greeted us with a smile. I'm so glad Yoonhae woke up or I would've been crying. She's the only reason I'm not counting down to dooms-day.
"Sit. We have a lot to explain to you guys. But let me just make one thing clear; you did not just get ually assaulted. I own your soul now. I also taught you Korean ,"the guy with squinty eyes smiled. 
What in the world?