Cheated and relieved

Karma

IU didn't seem to be very into Yoseob. Just occasional blushing on the side since she's such a girly girl but nothing more. Yoseob didn't have any feelings for IU either. However, one day Yoseob just walked around the corridors and saw IU was a sunbae named Taeyang. He is actually one of the best contemporary dancers out there and also IU's idol. Her dream to be a dancer started from Taeyang. Yoseob sees IU with Taeyang and giggling like a little fan girl and Taeyang patting her head like they've known each other for a long time. After Taeyang left, a blushing IU was left alone. Yoseob went up to IU to confront her. 

What's with you and Taeyang?

I idolize him and we've known each other since we were children.

You like him don't ya?

Well, ya but he doesn't like me back. I'm like his little sister.

Why didn't you ask him to Sadies instead?

I did.

So? Why me?

Well... I asked him but someone already beat me to the chase and you were my second choice. I'm serioius I wasn't trying to hurt you deliberately but it just happened. I mean if Taeyang oppa didn't exist then I'll choose you out of all the guys at this school. I mean you don't have to like each other to go to the dance together.

Yoseob more than feeling cheated felt envious. Even if he was popular, he was someone's second choice and fell into that trap. He could see Kikwang's smirk in his head and left IU to gawk at Taeyang all day long. A week later, Yoseob finds out that IU started going out with her idol since he happened to like her to since they first met like a little manga. His friends questioned Yoseob asking why Yoseob's girl was with the school's idol (literally) and Yoseob always replied that his and IU's relationship never passed the friend zone.

Yoseob, however, had other things in his mind than being humiliated from IU's betrayal or so called "cheating". He saw Kikwang everyday giving him a quick glance with a small smirk. Yoseob couldn't help it anymore. You was going to ask him why he keeps looking down on him. Yoseob thought that he wasn't any lower than Kikwang. They're both toned, tall, decent grades, popular, and Yoseob is catching up to Kikwang in an alarming rate at high jumping and vaulting plus he plays football so adding all those points together, they're tied. Kikwang anger Yoseob so much so he stayed back in the locker room and confronted Kikwang who usually stayed back until the very end.

Hey. Kikwang. Why do  you always smirk at me everyday? We were cool in middle school. What happened to you?

Smirk? I never smirked.

Yeah you do everytime you look at me a smirk.

That's not a smirk. That's a smile.

He gave another "smile"

I know how your real smile looks don't try to lie to me. 

Well I have different smiles to how much I like them. 

So you like me the least?

...No not really.

So you don't like me and think i'm an ant.

No. I just like you the most.

Huh?

I'm gay or bi. either one. You are my first love.

Yoseob didn't know what to say. Kikwang could either be serious or be playing with him. Yoseob decided that he is playing with him and decided to test him.

That's gross. Stop lying there's no way. Prove it.

Kikwang landed a kiss on Yoseob's lips. Yoseob was so suprised and took a step away and ran out of the locker room. His face felt hot unlike anything he has ever felt with any other girl. He could feel his heart beating like from adrenaline. He ran all the way to his friends who were waiting patiently to walk home with him.

Dude why's you face red? Kissed by a guy? haha.

Yoseob looked at Junhyung suprised that he guessed correctly and gave him a suspicious squint. Junhyung stopped laughing and looked at Yoseob's facial expression.

Seriously? I was just kidding.

Hyunseung looked at him and decided to cover for him like a good friend.

There's no way. Stop having weird ideas in your head. Even if he was he could've been attacked and ran here.

If someone attacked Yoseob then we should protect Yoseob.

Yoseob looked at Kikwang everyday seeing Kikwang look back at him with that "smile" and decided to never confront him ever again. Dongwoon decided to act like a bodyguard and protect Yoseob from the "unknown knight" who was consumed by evil like he promised. Hyunseung and Junhyung really didn't care. But one day, Kikwang decided to perk Yoseob up a little. He approached Yoseob when Yoseob was silently in the library by himself. He sat right in front of him and gave a little kick to Yoseob's leg. Yoseob looked up and had a scared expression when he saw Kikwang staring at his face. 

What do you want from me?

Well you made me confess to you but you haven't answered yet.

You're not playing with me?

I'm 100% ernest. So?

Actually we're not very close anymore and I'm not gay.

Well give me chance to make you fall in love with me. 

I'm not cruel so ok.

Really? So I could hang out with you and your friend's?

You have your own friends.

They're just them and I don't really like them.

Ok then.

Yay thanks Yoseob. 

Starting from the next day, Kikwang started following the four boys with Dongwoon eyeing Kikwang suspiciously. Kikwang acted overly friendly with Yoseob like they were the best of friends and it was inevitable that they grew to be that close. So close Yoseob's three friends got jealous. But that's the story for the next chapters. Yoseob thought for the first time that it was a relief that IU didn't like him because he's too weak hearted to outright reject someone without knowing them first.