Bestie Foreva

Karma

Kikwang and Yoseob both went to middle school with different type of friends and from different schools. They had virtually nothing alike. Kikwang hung out with only one type of group but Yoseob was like a migrating bird going from one nerdy group to another drugie group. But Yoseob kept his purity and stayed innocent and his friends respected that. All they had in common were that they were of the same , race, and math class. Yoseob was in a higher math class than his usual friends and didn't know how to stay alive in a class with upperclassmen. Luckily, he saw a close friend who thought of him as a cute younger brother.

Oh! Yoseob! You're in this class too? You're so smart. You're still so cute with that baby cheeks of yours.

Yoseob wracked through his brain to remember the persons name. It has already been a year since they last got in touch.

Doojoon. Stop treating me like a little girl.

But you're so cute, like a little girl.

They went in the classroom when the teacher finally opened the door five minutes after the bell rang. Doojoon decided to take care of his hoobae and sat next to him and introduced him to all his friends.

Lee Joon. This is Yoseob, my fave dosaeng. Yoseob, Lee Joon, the stupid sunbae although he seems to be passing his classes.

Yoseob later found out that there were about five other girls and one other boy of his grade in the classroom. He made friends with two of the girls. Two weeks later after school has already started, the teacher made a seating chart. Yoseob stayed close to all his sunbae friends in distance in the new seating chart. The only difference is the weird guy sitting right in front of him. Kikwang the only other freshman boy in the class. Soon Yoseob became friends and rivals with Kikwang.

I got a 100.

I got a 100 too. Stupid.

You're stupider.

They had a lot of fun together and later became close enough to just joke around freely.They had the best of time. However, the magic ends outside of the math class. All they do is talk to their little groupies and ignore each others' presence. This is why Yoseob excitedly waited for math class everyday just to communicate with him.

In the last year of middle school. They grew apart. All they high achieving students were stuffed into one class also bringing other Kikwang's closer friends. Yoseob also made friends since his friend from elementary is finally in his class. They never communicated with each other but Yoseob secretly giggled whenever Kikwang was pointed for doing stupid stuff during class.

Kikwang stop leaning back you"ll fall off. 

And then Kikwang falls. Of course is clumsiness doesn't only bring laughter to Yoseob but to everyone in the classroom. The magic only occured for one year. Yoseob later finds out that he just wants Kikwang to still notice that he exists. Yoseob just looked after him and sometimes Kikwang notices and smiles back. 

I wonder if Kikwang thought of our short friendship as special as I think of it still.