Friends and Family

New Life

"Oh. Onew-hyung, Jae Sun, Annyeong." Key greeted the two and gestured them over.

"Annyeong." the two greeted them back. Minho and Jonghyun seemed surprised. Jae Sun would've normally gave a simple greeting and left, but this time, she stayed.

"Oh. Jae Sun, not running away again?" Jonghyun said to her, jokingly. Everyone turned to Jonghyun, Key slightly hitting him.

"Yah, you trying to scare her away?" Key whispered to him, but everyone else heard him.

She couldn't help but let out a small giggle. "Don't worry, I won't run away. Sorry if my behaviour before was...rude."

"Oh. It's fine." Key assured her that they didn't mind her past behaviour.

"Everyone's like that in the beginning. So noona, don't worry about it."

"Thanks. We should get to class though. Bell should be ringing soon" and as soon as the words left , the bell rang. "Let's go you two. And I'll see you guys later." And with those words, she left for class with Minho and Key.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"...Mind if I join?"

"Of course not. Come, sit down." Onew motioned his sister to sit between him and Key. 

"So Jae Sun, I hear you're doing the showcase?" Jonghyun asked her.

"Uh? Yeah. I don't really know what I'm going to do though." she sighed to herself as she took a seat, thinking about the showcase. "I heard you guys are having solo performances too?"

"Yeah. We're all going to have a group performance as well as a solo performance." Minho informed her. "So it's going to take a lot of practice. It's only about 3 weeks away."

"What're you guys doing for your solo?" 

"Well, since our group performance is more focused on our dancing skills, we're all doing a song" Key told her. "Just so they get to hear our vocal potential." 

"Oh? Makes sense, I guess." 

"Noona, what about you?"

"Me? I guess I'm singing. But I don't quite know what." 

"I'm sure it'll come to you." Onew assured his sister. 

"I guess." she said as she took another bite of her lunch that was carefully packed by her new mother. "Umm..."

"Hm? Is there something wrong?" Key asked her with a worried look on his face.

"No...nothing's wrong. Just...thank you. For...putting up with my behaviour." 

The boys just stared at her for a few seconds before bursting out in laughter. She looked down, blushing with embarrasment.

"Kekeke..don't worry about it. That's what friends are for, right?" Jonghyun said, unable to hold his laughter.

"Kekeke...Jae Sun ah. Kekeke...who knew you would worry about something like this." Minho said, not even attempting to hide his laughter.

"Noona, don't worry." Taemin said, then continued laughing and Onew did the same.

"Hey, don't worry about it." Key said as he placed a hand on her shoulder, giving her a sweet smile.

"...thanks." she said back, returning his smile with another.

The bell soon rang and everyone prepared to get to class. 

"Oh. Jae Sun, I'll see you tomorrow." Jonghyun said as he got up from his seat.

"Uh? Sure." she nodded, "Oh." she added. "You can just call me Jae. It's what my friends used to call me."

"Jae? Sure. See ya tomorrow." Jonghyun acknowledged, and left the room with Onew.

Key looked at Jae and saw that she was smiling to herself. 

....Well, I'm glad she's opening up....??? Why is my heart beating so fast?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Welcome home. Your dad is home early today. So let's have dinner together." Mrs Lee welcomed her two children home.

They walked into the dining room, and Onew's dad and Yoogeun were already seated. The two took their seats, followed by Onew's mother. The family ate happily together, chatting about their day, just like a normal family.

So this is what a family feels like...I guess it's not that bad. Jae thought to herself and smiled. 

She had friends and a real family. She was content.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is it for the chapter. Next chapter will be focusing on....feelings? And after that, I'll do something about Jae Sun's family. Thoughts?