Jung Yoogeun

New Life

"Hyung!!" I shouted as I ran into my home. "Where's noona?" School was over and Jae Sun noona wasn't there to greet me. I hadn't seen her since this morning.

"Yoogeun...no-noona is still out. She might not be able to come back today." Hyung said to me softly. I wonder why hyung looks so sad when he said that even though he's smiling. Is something wrong?

I went up the stairs and went into noona's room but it was so empty. Why? There was nothing of noona's. Hyung came up with me and stood at the door watching me as I looked around. 

"Onew-hyung, did noona go somewhere?"

"Ah..she..she went to stay over at a friend's."

"Oh okay." 

So noona went to a friend's house? Ohh...that makes sense.

"But hyung," I looked to Onew-hyung who was still watching me, "then why is everybody so sad?"

"Ahh...I...we just miss her, that's all." Hyung said sadly. "Because we're used to having her around, so her when she's not here, it just feels kind of empty."

"But hyung, Yoogeun is here!!!" I said cheerfully, trying to cheer him up. It was unusual to see hyung sad. Although he was always awkward around me, he was always smiling happily. Then, I noticed a piece of paper in hyung's hands. "Hyung, what's that?" I asked as I pointed to the folded piece of paper.

"Huh? Oh." he quickly hid the piece of paper behind him before continuing. "It's just the...the uh...the bill."

Hyung was acting weird, like there was something he was hiding. I nodded and left the room when I heard umma and appa come home. I greeted them happily as usual, and they returned my greetings with a smile. But...they looked sad too. I wonder why. Did they really miss noona that much? Noona should quickly come home or they will be very sad.

Umma cooked dinner and we ate, but this time, nobody was talking. Why? They must be really sad that noona is not here. It was a very awkward dinner. I didn't know what to do. So I also kept quiet. 

It was time for bed but I couldn't sleep. I kept thinking of noona. I got out of bed and went into hyung's room. He was sleeping and I didn't want to wake him. His bedside lamp was on. I saw the piece of paper on his table. I had nothing to do, so I went to take it to read. But it wasn't a bill. It was noona's handwriting. As I read the letter, I started shaking and crying. Then, I felt hyung's hands on my shoulders and I turned to look at him.

"Hyung, did noona really go to a friend's house?"

Hyung kept silent. He looked more and more sad.

"If...if she did, then why did she write this?" I said as my tears kept falling out.

Hyung just hugged me close and only whispered to me "Sorry."

It was the first time hyung had hugged me. I was sad that noona was gone, but hyung looked like he was the one who needed more comforting than me. I hugged hyung and softly patted his back.

"Hyung, don't cry, okay? Yoogeun is here. Noona will come back. Because noona loves this family. Noona will come back."

I felt hyung nodding as he rested his head on my shoulders. That night, me and hyug slept in his room. He fell asleep soon. Hyung must have been very tired. But I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about noona. 

Last time before we came here, noona always did things by herself. She always came home late. And she was usually covered with bruises. But she always came back him everyday to look after me. But noona never complained. She always said that as long as she has Yoogeun, then everything is fine. As long as Yoogeun was fine. But I also want noona to be living well. Why does noona always do things by herself? Why doesn't noona let Yoogeun help? Last time, Yoogeun could only watch noona suffer. Why is it the same this time also? Is Yoogeun really so useless? 

I want to help noona too...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So...another short chapter. Hmm..I guess this was just to....give Yoogeun's POV? Never really wrote first person before. Excuse me if I wrote it really bad. Not much of a writer. But I'm trying!! So...thoughts?