Introduction

New Life

The bell rang, signaling the start of lunch. Everyone left the class in a hurry, just as usual, excited to tell the others about Onew's new sister. All but 3; Jae Sun, Key, and Minho. Taemin and Onew rushed to their class, bringing Jonghyun along with them.

"Jae Sun!!!!!" Onew enthusiastically greeted her.

Jae Sun looked to the door to see her new brother. "Jinki-oppa. Hi."

Onew and Taemin rushed in and Jonghyun followed behind. The five of them, Onew, Jonghyun, Key, Minho and Taemin, walked over to her.

"....Yes?" Jae Sun asked the five boys.

"How was class? And how do you find the school? Like it? Remember the boys I told you I was in a group with? SHINee? These are them. Kibum and Minho are in your class. Like I told you, remember? " Onew showered her with questions, eager to build a closer relationship with her.

"Noona!! I'm Taemin!! Can I call you noona? I will be a very good dongsaeng!!" Taemin introduced himself excitedly.

"I'm Kim Jonghyun. I'm in the same year as Onew-hyung."

"Choi Minho."

...

"Kibum? Don't you want to introduce yourself?" Onew asked the silent Key.

"Huh? Oh. I...I'm Kim Kibum, but most call me Key. Nice to meet you." Key said, realising that he had stayed silent for a long time.

"My name is Jae Sun. Oppa talked about you a lot. Nice to meet you." Jae Sun said, almost in a monotone manner. "The vocal teacher said he wanted to speak to me so I have to go now. Excuse me." she bowed slightly and left the classroom.

"Bye!!!" shouted Onew and Taemin as she left. 

"Well that was a...short..meeting." Jonghyun said.

"Sooo....what do you guys think?" Onew asked his companions, curious as to what they thought about his new family member.

"She's very pretty!!" Taemin said enthusiastically.

"She's got a great voice. I can tell you that." Minho said.

"...yeah, she does. Anyways, I need to go. I'll see you guys later during practice." Key said.

"Oh. Yeah, see you then." Jonghyun said as Key walked out of the class. As soon as he was out of sight, Jonghyun turned to his friends. "Did you see the way Kibum behaved? Wasn't it weird?"

"Yeah. Hyung was kind of quiet."

"Yeah I thought so too. He was weird in class too." 

"Hmm...I don't know. But let's go get some lunch!! They're selling chicken today!!" Onew said, rushing off to the cafeteria. 

"Hyung, wait for me!" Taemin shouted as he followed suit.

"Let's go hyung." Minho said to Jonghyun who was still standing there.

"Yeah. Let's go..." Jonghyun replied halfheartedly, thinking about the possible reasons behind his best friend's strange behaviour.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So what do you think? Will you do it?" Yesung asked.

"I guess. I'll think it over. I'll tell you by next week." Jae Sun replied the teacher.

"Good. I hope you'll do it. I think it'd be great. You've got talent." the teacher said back to the student, "Alright. That's all I wanted to talk about. You can go get some lunch now."

"Right." Jae Sun replied and left the teacher's room.

He wants me to participate in the showcase? Well, I guess there's nothing wrong with it but...What if ---

"Hey." Jae Sun's thought got interrupted by the sudden greeting.

"Oh. Kibum-oppa. You're alone?" 

"Yeah. I went to the nurse's office."

"You're injured? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. Just a small sprain from a couple of weeks ago. Nothing major. It's fine now...You..done? Talking to the teacher, I mean." Key asked.

"Hm? Yeah."

"Wanna go grab some lunch with us?"

"I...I think I'll pass. Don't quite feel like eating right now."

"Are you sure? You shouldn't starve yourself."

"No. It's not that. I just...don't quite have an appetite right now."

"Well, you can still come hang out with us. Taemin would like to have you there."

"Thanks, but...I guess I'll pass anyways. I want to take a look around school."

"Then I'll take you."

"No, it's fine. Didn't you say you were going to have lunch? You should go. I'm sure they're waiting for you. But thanks for the offer. I'll see you in class." Jae Sun said, giving him a slight smile before leaving.

Key just stood there, watching her as she left.

...Why do I feel like this? She was smiling but...it felt so sad...

Key broke free from his thoughts and left to join his friends for lunch.

...He's cute...but...No. This isn't the time to be thinking like this...Get a grip!​ 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So end of second chapter. What do you think? Right now I'm just doing short chapters because I'm not really sure how I want to write this yet. Thoughts?