Can You Smile?

You Have Me

 

 Night came already and no one dared to talk for 30 minutes. Maybe, Haneul was reflecting on what Jinyoung told her. She then stood up and so as Jinyoung because something unexpected might happen. “I haven't been to this place before and the view is really pretty. The lights and the Han river just compliment with each other.” She said all of a sudden and Jinyoung chuckled. She turned around smiling sweetly. Jinyoung froze on his spot. That was the first time that she saw her smile like that, like she has no problem at all. She looks so pretty and angelic plus her twinkling eyes. “Thank you, Jinyoung oppa.”, she said and that was the first time she called her oppa since they met knowing that he was older than her. “Thank you for saying those things to me. You gave me a million reasons to live. Thank you for being there for me when I don't have anyone to lean on and so as Dr. Jung. I apologized on the way I acted. I promise that I will always smile for you!”, her last statement made Jinyoung smile so wide. Then Jinyoung just found her hugging him, it took him moments to realize and there he hugged her back. Jinyoung was even more confused because his heart was beating so fast once again when she hugged him. He then closed his eyes and rubbed her back since she's just fresh from crying. “It's going late already, I shall bring you home.”, he reminded and she agreed with a smile again. His heart was undeniably melting.

 

When they reached Haneul's home, Jinyoung bid goodbye to her already. She bowed and thanked him once again then he went away. She called him again before he was completely gone and Jinyoung stop to look back. “You made me smile again after a long time, Oppa.”, she sweetly said and he felt like dying that time, he didn't know why. He then went away away and gave his mom a call. “Mom, can we talk? Are you busy?”, he asked the moment she answered the call. “I have time but it's night already, Jinyoung?”, Dr. Jung said but he still insisted. As if his mom had a choice. Thirty minutes had passed, Jinyoung arrived on the hospital and headed directly to his mom's office. He then sighed and sat on the couch while his mom was just looking at him. “Aren't you atleast going to greet me?”, his mom said and he snapped back to reality and stood up to gave his mom hug then sat again. Then his mom started asking him questions but he couldn't get straight to the point. “Haneul?”, she mentioned and Jinyoung blushed all of a sudden. “Seriously, mom. She hugged me awhile ago and then my heart was pounding real hard that time. I froze on my spot and it took me ages to make a move.”, he explained in frustration. She suddenly laughed on how Jinyoung looked all so frustrated, “You like her, right?” He closed his eyes, leaned on the chair and think. His mom was really observing him. She knows how her son thinks and she knew what he is feeling but she wanted it to come out from his mouth. “I don't know, mom. I am so confused. She's a little sister to me and a best friend, should I say.”, he stated. His mom stood beside him, patted his shoulders. “You know what you should do,” his mom said and she gazed at her, “Go home and rest so you can sort out your feelings.” He nodded and followed what she said.

 

Days had constantly passed and SAT exam was approaching. Haneul was getting nervous though all she did was just study and study. One week to go before the exam day in the middle of Jinyoung's class, someone was calling him. He didn't know if he should answer or just ignore it. But the call kept on going on, good thing his subject that time was about to end. When the professor went out, he quickly answered it. “Sorry, I'm on class.” he said on the line. “Good day, Mr. Jung. I just want to inform you that Ms. Kim Haneul passed out on her class awhile ago. She's now on the school's clinic. I just want to ask if you can fetch her since Mrs. Jung is not answering.”, that was the school nurse. Without further ado, he took his bags and went out of the room though he still has classes and school activities to attend. “Why did she pass out?”, he asked himself while on his way to her school. It was afternoon when he reached her school; he asked the guard for direction to the school's clinic and followed him.

 

 

“Good afternoon, Ms. Nurse. I'm Jung Jinyoung.”, he calmly greeted the nurse then wander his eyes to find Haneul. “Ah, Boyfriend?”, the nurse asked as he led him to Haneul. That clinic was quite big actually. “Ah, no. Oppa, the one you called first was my mom.”, Jinyoung explained. He finally saw Haneul who's resting on the bed. The nurse told him that the reason she passed out was because of hunger, he just nodded but why. She handed the letter for Haneul that she can leave the school that day because of what happened. He waited for her to wake up. Haneul was shocked upon seeing Jinyoung there, she quickly get up. “You're here?”, she asked, he smiled and answered, “I guess you wrote us as your guardians already so yeah, I'm here.” She felt so shy because yes, she changed the names of the guardians already and put Dr. Jung and Jinyoung without consulting them. She didn't know how to explain it to him; she just had no choice that's why she did it. “I'll bring you home now, Haneul. Let's go.”, he said as he showed to her the permission letter. She then stood up, thanked the nurse then took her bag.

 

“I should have not fainted, I need to be on the class.”, she said while on her way going out of the school. Jinyoung invited her to eat first somewhere before going home but then she refused and said, “I am not hungry, oppa. Thank you though.” He laughed on what she answered, “The nurse told me that the reason you fainted is because of hunger, little sister.” She pouted and no choice again. He searched for somewhere to eat that is just near to her school so they won't do a lot of walking. When the food was served, Jinyoung started eating already but Haneul was just keeping her head down. “Did you skip your classes, Oppa?”, she asked and he stopped from eating. “Ah, that. Don't think of that. It doesn't matter. That subject is boring though.”, he replied and continued eating then he heard her apologizing. He shifted his look from food to her who's still head down. He smiled, took kimchi using his chopsticks then offered it to her. “Do you want me to feed you just for you to eat? Eat this then eat by yourself.”, he said then she followed him. After they finished eating, he accompanied her in going home. Jinyoung felt satisfied on what he was doing, taking care of her like her own sister and bestfriend at the same time. When they reached her unit, she let him in first to have rest before going home. “Ah, oppa. I'm going to change the names I put on the guardians, I'll just leave it blank. Sorry, if I put your names without asking permission.”, she said. He refused and told her to let it be like that, he will just tell it to his mom since she will definitely agree on it. Not a big deal for them. He also told Haneul that he'll going to bring her to her testing center on the SAT Exam day and fetch her too right after.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



 

Hi, guys.

Do you still remember me? lol.

It took me ages to update this because ....SCHOOL.

I hope you guys are still anticipating for this.

I CREY.

I MISS YOU ALL. :")